DSA 2023
-
5426426\" post_id=\"2111312\" time=\"1687357216\" user_id=\"77360:
No. Check school website or call them. Different schools different timing
Hi all, is it safe to assume that if we do not receive any email from the school by end of June, it means our child's application is not successful? Thanks. -
bbbay\" post_id=\"2111321\" time=\"1687390333\" user_id=\"175278:
I used to play hooker (terrible name I know) in the 7s game. No coach will pick you because you can run fast. The ball handling skills, the positional sense, etc are way more difficult to train and much more important than speed alone. For DSA athletes, they have to be much better than the average, roped in from CCA fair kind of players, since DSA athletes are the kind of players that coaches would want to build the team around.
…
Sometimes ago an actual case of a primacy school boy could run very fast. He was DSA into ACS rugby because of his speed although he did not play rugby before.
…
Several of my friends’ kids had DSA into RI, ACSI, SASS etc using rugby in the past few years. Most of them have been involved in the juniors since young. As such, I’m skeptical of such anecdotes unless it’s your kid or you have a fuller picture (not doubting you but a lot of times, what others told you and what actually transpired is different).
That said, I’m aware of kids who DSA into a school using x talent area but end up doing well in another. I know of a sportsman who DSA into a school using sport Y but end up being gold medalists in a number of track events instead. -
poohwee\" post_id=\"2111325\" time=\"1687394096\" user_id=\"22780:
May I know why \"still have 2 more days\"... Does that mean that all DSA emails should be received by 23 June, otherwise it means no chance at all? Does this apply to all schools? Thanks!
HI, my girl applied under Chinese language...still have 2 more days. Wished you and your son best of luck today and tomorrow... -
I checked back for my DC’s application last year. HTH.
23/6/22 8pm - received email on shortlisted for innovation portfolio submission
25/7/22 11.30am - received email on shortlisted for an interview
6/9/22 9.30am - received email on the outcome -
Creme\" post_id=\"2111339\" time=\"1687407727\" user_id=\"196030:
Different schools different timeline. Some schools send out on last week of school holidays, some schools do so when schools reopen.
May I know why \"still have 2 more days\"... Does that mean that all DSA emails should be received by 23 June, otherwise it means no chance at all? Does this apply to all schools? Thanks!
Have to check with respective school… or just be patient and wait.
If by mid July still no update, likely GG. -
Creme\" post_id=\"2111339\" time=\"1687407727\" user_id=\"196030:
Hi, I am referring to AHS dsa application as the school website indicated that all invites will be send out latest by 23 Jun. Hope it cleared the doubts.
May I know why \"still have 2 more days\"... Does that mean that all DSA emails should be received by 23 June, otherwise it means no chance at all? Does this apply to all schools? Thanks! -
wandervale\" post_id=\"2111168\" time=\"1687181374\" user_id=\"140887:
Hi, have you received any email from NJC for STEM?
Anyone receive email for njc stem? -
Yes, asking for personal statement & documents. U?
-
floppy\" post_id=\"2111344\" time=\"1687411881\" user_id=\"97579:
Thanks, I was just shocked when I read them saying \"2 more days\"... and started to panic.
Different schools different timeline. Some schools send out on last week of school holidays, some schools do so when schools reopen.
Have to check with respective school… or just be patient and wait.
If by mid July still no update, likely GG. -
i’m curious the reason for schools to not put a cut-off date for their emails/letters for trials and interviews etc.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login