Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    DSA 2024

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Secondary Schools - Selection
    1.5k Posts 303 Posters 401.0k Views 34 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • skiiS Offline
      skii
      last edited by

      my boy in P6 this year too


      having seen his seniors DSA-ing last year.
      (not easy at all)

      I think we focus on PSLE. hhahahhahahha

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote -1
      • SeunggiS Offline
        Seunggi
        last edited by

        Hi!


        I was reading through the MOE DSA a website and I still need some clarification and I hope I can find my answers here

        1. According to MOE, we are allowed to submit up to 3 choices and 3 DSA areas. However applications to schools such as SOTA, School of Science & Tech, NUS, SG Sports School is separately done and not via MOE portal. My question is: does that mean one gets to submit 3 names + SOTA or would an application for SOTA also be counted towards the 3 choices allocation?

        2. Is there a cut off points for DSA? I googled and some schools are silent on the this while some say so long as you make it for express cut off (ie posting group 3 I think or AL22?)

        3. Do schools typically share how many spots are available for a sport DSA, example tennis?

        Thank you!

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • ChiefKiasuC Offline
          ChiefKiasu
          last edited by

          Seunggi\" post_id=\"2126209\" time=\"1704174217\" user_id=\"68488:
          Good question. I suspect the answer is no, and that you are only considered to the stream you chose. It's kind of strange to have a wonderkid that is good in dance, music, AND theatre all at once.
          Seunggi\" post_id=\"2126209\" time=\"1704174217\" user_id=\"68488:[quote=Seunggi post_id=2126209 time=1704174217 user_id=68488]2. Is there a cut off points for DSA? I googled and some schools are silence on the this while some say so long as you make it for express cut off (ie posting group 3 I think or AL22?)
          The last time my DD was offered for theatre at SOTA, the minimum requirements was a t-score of 200, which was the line between express and normal streams. Not sure what the requirements are like now, but I suspect it is pretty much the same.
          Seunggi\" post_id=\"2126209\" time=\"1704174217\" user_id=\"68488:
          3. Do schools typically share how many spots are available for a sport DSA, example tennis?
          I have absolutely no idea. Maybe others can help.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • skiiS Offline
            skii
            last edited by

            Seunggi\" post_id=\"2126209\" time=\"1704174217\" user_id=\"68488:

            Hi!

            I was reading through the MOE DSA a website and I still need some clarification and I hope I can find my answers here

            1. According to MOE, we are allowed to submit up to 3 choices and 3 DSA areas. However applications to schools such as SOTA, School of Science & Tech, NUS, SG Sports School is separately done and note via MOE portal. My question is: does that mean one gets to submit 3 names + SOTA or would an application for SOTA also be counted towards the 3 choices allocation?

            2. Is there a cut off points for DSA? I googled and some schools are silence on the this while some say so long as you make it for express cut off (ie posting group 3 I think or AL22?)

            3. Do schools typically share how many spots are available for a sport DSA, example tennis?

            Thank you!
            Answer to 1:

            3 choices can be submitted via MOE portal. (SOTA will not be available in the MOE portal)

            SOTA can only be submitted via their SOTA portal.

            so its 3+1

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • zac's mumZ Offline
              zac's mum
              last edited by

              Seunggi\" post_id=\"2126209\" time=\"1704174217\" user_id=\"68488:

              Hi!

              I was reading through the MOE DSA a website and I still need some clarification and I hope I can find my answers here

              1. According to MOE, we are allowed to submit up to 3 choices and 3 DSA areas. However applications to schools such as SOTA, School of Science & Tech, NUS, SG Sports School is separately done and not via MOE portal. My question is: does that mean one gets to submit 3 names + SOTA or would an application for SOTA also be counted towards the 3 choices allocation? 3 schools (max 2 talent areas per school) via MOE portal & the rest of the listed schools essentially give u an extra chance (or more, if 2 talent areas).

              2. Is there a cut off points for DSA? I googled and some schools are silent on the this while some say so long as you make it for express cut off (ie posting group 3 I think or AL22?) AL22.

              3. Do schools typically share how many spots are available for a sport DSA, example tennis? U can email them to ask. But some of them dislike putting it in writing, so u may have to attend the open house and ask at the relevant cca booth to get a verbal answer.

              Thank you!

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • AHsDadA Offline
                AHsDad
                last edited by

                Answer to 2 >>

                If u accepted for DSA, only need to make the grade (Eg AL20 for express)
                But if ur query is … do schools sets internal cutoff upfront, of course they do but will not be made know to public. Although DSA objective is to consider the special talent, schools need to be mindful the kid is able to keep up with their syllabus and standards (especially IP)

                3>>
                No they won’t. You have to spy for inside info to get this 😅. Even if the school internally set aside 2-3 slots for a particular domain, they may accept zero if none meets all their requirement ( probably applies more to sports)

                Seunggi\" post_id=\"2126209\" time=\"1704174217\" user_id=\"68488:
                Hi!

                I was reading through the MOE DSA a website and I still need some clarification and I hope I can find my answers here

                1. According to MOE, we are allowed to submit up to 3 choices and 3 DSA areas. However applications to schools such as SOTA, School of Science & Tech, NUS, SG Sports School is separately done and not via MOE portal. My question is: does that mean one gets to submit 3 names + SOTA or would an application for SOTA also be counted towards the 3 choices allocation?

                2. Is there a cut off points for DSA? I googled and some schools are silent on the this while some say so long as you make it for express cut off (ie posting group 3 I think or AL22?)

                3. Do schools typically share how many spots are available for a sport DSA, example tennis?

                Thank you!

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • m3i_m3iM Offline
                  m3i_m3i
                  last edited by

                  Seunggi\" post_id=\"2126209\" time=\"1704174217\" user_id=\"68488:

                  Hi!

                  I was reading through the MOE DSA a website and I still need some clarification and I hope I can find my answers here

                  1. According to MOE, we are allowed to submit up to 3 choices and 3 DSA areas. However applications to schools such as SOTA, School of Science & Tech, NUS, SG Sports School is separately done and not via MOE portal. My question is: does that mean one gets to submit 3 names + SOTA or would an application for SOTA also be counted towards the 3 choices allocation?

                  SOTA has different application
                  Apply NUSH & SST must be via MOE portal
                  I don't know about SG Sports School

                  2. Is there a cut off points for DSA? I googled and some schools are silent on the this while some say so long as you make it for express cut off (ie posting group 3 I think or AL22?)

                  Depend on the schools & your kids' results
                  If your kid gets CO offer from IP or PG3 schools only (RGS, St Nicholas, Nan Chiau etc), she must get AL22 or better, otherwise her CO will be forfeited

                  If the schools also offer PG1-P3 (Anderson, CHIJ Toa Payoh etc), your kid will be allocated to PG that fit with her result. If she gets AL23 then she will get the DSA as PG2

                  3. Do schools typically share how many spots are available for a sport DSA, example tennis?

                  I don't think so

                  Thank you!

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • SeunggiS Offline
                    Seunggi
                    last edited by

                    Thanks for all the replies! Another question I have, are DSA Applicants still required to do CCA or their area of discipline will be their CCa?

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • zac's mumZ Offline
                      zac's mum
                      last edited by

                      Seunggi\" post_id=\"2126363\" time=\"1704347433\" user_id=\"68488:

                      Thanks for all the replies! Another question I have, are DSA Applicants still required to do CCA or their area of discipline will be their CCa?
                      Depends on which talent area. For sports and performing arts, definitely must commit to that CCA (for 4 years minimum).

                      For other talent areas like Leadership, sometimes no particular cca restriction. Depends on school.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • C Offline
                        cheerful_mummie
                        last edited by

                        Will the child be still streamed to G3, G2, G1 upon receiving CO from the school?


                        E.g. If my child got AL15.

                        COP for G3 of school X is 14
                        COP of G3 from school Y is 16.

                        If my child got CO from both schools, should I choose school X or school Y?
                        If I choose school X, will they void my child’s CO if he got AL15/AL16? Or will he be pushed to G2 stream instead?
                        In that case, will it be safer to choose school Y for G3 stream?

                        Do the schools actually select DSA students for G3 streams only?

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3
                        • 4
                        • 5
                        • 153
                        • 154
                        • 1 / 154
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        EducareTutoringE
                        EducareTutoring

                        Statistics

                        13

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy