Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Me Time!

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Recess Time
    36.2k Posts 331 Posters 3.3m Views 2 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • janet88J Offline
      janet88
      last edited by

      What The:
      Thanks. Ok, will start to source around

      you can get a few quotes...but it's better to take a look at the actual work done.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • I Offline
        irene_lammm
        last edited by

        I usually take evenings, about an hour or so after dinner, for ME time 🙂 That's when my kids are usually occupied with homework. I go for a nice jog or stroll (depending on how strong my legs feel that day) around my Simei neighbourhood.


        However, when it rains, I tend to curl up on the sofa at home and indulge in a bit of online shopping. Qoo10 is my go-to site for this - I get stuff from clothes to food to electronics there. Anyone else care to share your favourite online shopping sites and what you buy from there? 🙂

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • janet88J Offline
          janet88
          last edited by

          it’s good to walk but do so moderately. going up the stairs and flat road…but when going downstairs, take the lift or escalator as it’s too straining on the knees.


          shopping wise, I love to see the physical item.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • EstéemaE Offline
            Estéema
            last edited by

            slmkhoo:
            Estéema:

            Thankfully when I met my frd, the doc she brot me to diagnosed heatstroke. It was 29 deg & very dry. The heat closer North Pole no joke - high uv & biting. Had some cream & medicine. Seems OK.


            Drink more water and stay in the shade (or wear a hat etc). People from warm tropics often forget about drinking water when in cooler, dryer places because we don't sweat as much. And since it's cooler and dryer, we also don't realise how hot we are getting. Take care and enjoy yourself!


            :thankyou: slmkhoo,
            For your warm concern & advice. Yes, I usually boil drinking water for the next day. I make my special tea with honey for my day's intake. Still the heat is biting.

            I'm sunburnt now. Bought sunblock-spray of SPF50. I've finished a whole box of Richola all by myself & bought ano 5 boxes coz every night the cough comes due to the dry air.

            Having grown up in Spore, think I'm more adjusted home than cold countries. In Australia where I used to stay, it's the dryness I dislike coz I'll get a cut & it'll never really heal till I get into Spore; my nails will crack & the sides will be painful. Here in Austria is the same. Got a papercut last week & it stings every morning when I wash up or bathe.

            Makes me appreciate the humidity in Spore, tho I used to complain the sweatiness.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • EstéemaE Offline
              Estéema
              last edited by

              slmkhoo:
              Estéema:

              Thankfully when I met my frd, the doc she brot me to diagnosed heatstroke. It was 29 deg & very dry. The heat closer North Pole no joke - high uv & biting. Had some cream & medicine. Seems OK.


              Drink more water and stay in the shade (or wear a hat etc). People from warm tropics often forget about drinking water when in cooler, dryer places because we don't sweat as much. And since it's cooler and dryer, we also don't realise how hot we are getting. Take care and enjoy yourself!


              :thankyou: slmkhoo,
              For your warm concern & advice. Yes, I usually boil drinking water for the next day. I make my special tea with honey for my day's intake. Still the heat is biting.

              I'm sunburnt now. Bought sunblock-spray of SPF50. I've finished a whole box of Richola all by myself & bought ano 5 boxes coz every night the cough comes due to the dry air.

              Having grown up in Spore, think I'm more adjusted home than cold countries. In Australia where I used to stay, it's the dryness I dislike coz I'll get a cut & it'll never really heal till I get into Spore; my nails will crack & the sides will be painful. Here in Austria is the same. Got a papercut last week & it stings every morning when I wash up or bathe.

              Makes me appreciate the humidity in Spore, tho I used to complain the sweatiness.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • sharonkhooS Offline
                sharonkhoo
                last edited by

                Estéema:
                Having grown up in Spore, think I'm more adjusted home than cold countries. In Australia where I used to stay, it's the dryness I dislike coz I'll get a cut & it'll never really heal till I get into Spore; my nails will crack & the sides will be painful. Here in Austria is the same. Got a papercut last week & it stings every morning when I wash up or bathe.


                Makes me appreciate the humidity in Spore, tho I used to complain the sweatiness.
                Yes! Same here. We lived in the UK for many years, but never really got used to the dry cold. For skin, hands etc, I use lots of thick moisturiser. The regular handcreams etc aren't thick enough - I will look for Jergens or other really thick creams. For dry air, especially at night, try hanging a wet towel near the bed to increase the humidity a bit.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • starlight1968sgS Offline
                  starlight1968sg
                  last edited by

                  Sharing the below which I think is meaningful:

                  "In our parents time, we are their retirement planning. Now we are their retirement plan and our children’s piggy bank."

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • janet88J Offline
                    janet88
                    last edited by

                    finally able to sleep well on the 3rd night.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • starlight1968sgS Offline
                      starlight1968sg
                      last edited by

                      It has been terribly warm during the past few nights.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • starlight1968sgS Offline
                        starlight1968sg
                        last edited by

                        ME time before my hectic schedule starts

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 1307
                        • 1308
                        • 1309
                        • 1310
                        • 1311
                        • 3615
                        • 3616
                        • 1309 / 3616
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        aiden_chA
                        aiden_ch

                        Statistics

                        11

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy