Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Me Time!

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Recess Time
    36.2k Posts 331 Posters 3.3m Views 2 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • sharonkhooS Offline
      sharonkhoo
      last edited by

      pokoyoko:
      slmkhoo:

      [quote=\"Jennifer\"]During my JC days, I have seen a few seniors, boys n girls, kena retained. Well, I think I can accept the idea. Definitely wont go into depression if that happens. Like I always believe: things happen for a reason.


      Being retained can be a good thing, as long as the student doesn't let it damage his self-esteem too much. It can be a good wake-up call. I've heard of students who either repeated JC1, and a couple who repeated JC2 (ie. took A levels again). It's worth it if it means getting better A level grades, because it determines whether the student can get into his university course of choice. If he isn't ready for JC2 yet, and doesn't manage to catch up during the Nov/Dec holidays, then he will start JC2 already behind and may struggle even more as the year progresses.

      It is also a good chance to rethink the subject combination. I always thought I would do well in science when I discovered that I preferred arts subjects more..[/quote]That's only if they repeat JC1, and if the school allows. If they repeat JC2, they can't switch combination.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • MyPillowM Offline
        MyPillow
        last edited by

        MrsKiasu:
        :congrats: to lc and ds! wah can continue make durian dessert liao 😂 lc, do you go q0010? the gin thye snow skin durian mooncake on great offer..dunno nice or not.


        Jen, I see you are quite tough with your kids :hugs: I oso hugging my heart see how 'I die' this time round :faint: I myself oso cant focus much on my own project..angry, disappointed with dd?..but look at ownself, how to be angry :sad:
        Wow so much to chase up reading Me time ... I dunno what Sch LC boy offered - But congrats ... it’s both mummy n child hardwork ...:)
        Mrs ks, snow skin durian - I like lei
        Will go qoo see too

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • MyPillowM Offline
          MyPillow
          last edited by

          Me too , took wrong subject combi in jc - follow frens - parents can’t advise too . Sciences are tough in A level n uni ah ! ( to me)

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • laughingcatL Offline
            laughingcat
            last edited by

            Thanks everyone. Yesterday was simply too dramatic for me. Didn’t know DC1 can cry so long. Saw the email cry so loud. After much coaxing from didi, stopped for awhile. After dinner, went to revise his work and then cry again. Stopped for awhile. After bathing, cry again. I couldn’t help it but sniggerat him and then kena chided for not knowing how sad he was. I think i will not talk about DSA with him until he cool down first…then didi saw how sad his korkor, also cry together with him. Aiyoh…headache

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • starlight1968sgS Offline
              starlight1968sg
              last edited by

              Sorry LC

              Did your boy get into njc? I am lost in the threads

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • laughingcatL Offline
                laughingcat
                last edited by

                star…WL for NJC

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • starlight1968sgS Offline
                  starlight1968sg
                  last edited by

                  laughingcat:
                  star....WL for NJC
                  there is still chance to enter njc.

                  Even in the end if not offered, there is still psle score to enter njc.
                  Add oil 🙂

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • lee_ylL Offline
                    lee_yl
                    last edited by

                    laughingcat:
                    Thanks everyone. Yesterday was simply too dramatic for me. Didn't know DC1 can cry so long. Saw the email cry so loud. After much coaxing from didi, stopped for awhile. After dinner, went to revise his work and then cry again. Stopped for awhile. After bathing, cry again. I couldn't help it but sniggerat him and then kena chided for not knowing how sad he was. I think i will not talk about DSA with him until he cool down first....


                    No need to cry lah, tell him auntie say he is the 1st gepper I know of getting at least something from non SBGE schools, while the rest were rejected. Not that he is no good, perhaps based on historical records, these schools believe that geppers will not put them as 1st choice if geppers were to receive COs from RI/HCI. Or geppers would have no problem getting in via tscore.

                    But on the other hand, the few who applied to Cedar and got rejected actually were sincere in joining the school. No doubt their tscore met RGS cut-off they still went ahead to apply for Cedar using tscore. Because in the first place, they know they will not enjoy cut-throat kind of competitive environment for the next 6 years.

                    No need to make decision now right? Wait for him to cool down then discuss the next option 1 week later.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • laughingcatL Offline
                      laughingcat
                      last edited by

                      Thanks star....*sigh*


                      Thanks lee_yl.....I can't seem to talk to him now as he is super angry. Yeah will start the talk after a month or so. He is pretty stubborn. Didn't want to attend the tea session and I had to go alone. :faint:

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • EstéemaE Offline
                        Estéema
                        last edited by

                        laughingcat:
                        Thanks everyone. Yesterday was simply too dramatic for me. Didn't know DC1 can cry so long. Saw the email cry so loud. After much coaxing from didi, stopped for awhile. After dinner, went to revise his work and then cry again. Stopped for awhile. After bathing, cry again. I couldn't help it but sniggerat him and then kena chided for not knowing how sad he was. I think i will not talk about DSA with him until he cool down first....then didi saw how sad his korkor, also cry together with him. Aiyoh....headache

                        Sounds like he felt very let down fr his hopes.

                        来来, aunty wants to hear how sad DS1 is feeling deep down. How abt over ice-cream next week? Guess he was having very high hopes to be where mummy used to study at. Let him cry but you can distract him & bring him slowly back to norm.

                        Me thinks your boy very natural & lovable. Mine is the \"not natural\" one. Won't cry even if he falls. He'll just que sera sera type. S'times worried not healthy for him to bottle up.

                        Better not discuss any DSA stuff & do some work for Prelims prep, as if no big deal then hopefully he'll not feel so bad & accountable to mummy. Do you think he feels he had let you down? Let him you he's always your precious, lovable son - ALWAYS, even if the sky falls. Oops! Wrong analogy.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 1413
                        • 1414
                        • 1415
                        • 1416
                        • 1417
                        • 3615
                        • 3616
                        • 1415 / 3616
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy