Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Me Time!

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Recess Time
    36.2k Posts 331 Posters 3.3m Views 2 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • lee_ylL Offline
      lee_yl
      last edited by

      ngl2010:
      lee_yl:

      But.... Oatmeal is not nice... :sad:

      And I don’t feel satisfaction eating oatmeal.

      Whenever I take Quaker’s instant oak (red packaging) for bfast, my heart tends to beat very fast and I get hungry before noon.

      For the quick cook Quaker (blue packing), I don’t get side effects and it seems more filling! But I lazy to cook.

      When the small pot of water boils, I feel like putting in a packet of instant noodles instead of oatmeal. 😂

      I usually cook oatmeal with milk, cinnamon and brown sugar. Then I put sliced banana when serving. So yummy... You can try...

      Thanks for the interesting recipe. But doesn’t that defeat the purpose of healthy eating when we add sugar, syrup, sweetened granola etc etc...

      I used to add a teaspoon of condensed milk to the oatmeal to sweeten it and make it creamy but DH said that defeated the purpose of eating oatmeal. Sometimes, I add a packet of 3-in-1 cereal into my oatmeal to make it more tasty.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • N Offline
        ngl2010
        last edited by

        lee_yl:
        ngl2010:

        [quote=\"lee_yl\"]But.... Oatmeal is not nice... :sad:

        And I don’t feel satisfaction eating oatmeal.

        Whenever I take Quaker’s instant oak (red packaging) for bfast, my heart tends to beat very fast and I get hungry before noon.

        For the quick cook Quaker (blue packing), I don’t get side effects and it seems more filling! But I lazy to cook.

        When the small pot of water boils, I feel like putting in a packet of instant noodles instead of oatmeal. 😂

        I usually cook oatmeal with milk, cinnamon and brown sugar. Then I put sliced banana when serving. So yummy... You can try...

        Thanks for the interesting recipe. But doesn’t that defeat the purpose of healthy eating when we add sugar, syrup, sweetened granola etc etc...

        I used to add a teaspoon of condensed milk to the oatmeal to sweeten it and make it creamy but DH said that defeated the purpose of eating oatmeal. Sometimes, I add a packet of 3-in-1 cereal into my oatmeal to make it more tasty.[/quote]For one person, I only put half teaspoon of brown sugar. Fresh milk is healthy. Banana is healthy. Cinnamon only has a few calories and not sweet. Maybe if you want, you can eliminate the brown sugar. So just obtain the sweetness from banana (actually fresh milk naturally has sugar too so it will add taste to the oatmeal).

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • sharonkhooS Offline
          sharonkhoo
          last edited by

          lee_yl:
          Thanks for the interesting recipe. But doesn’t that defeat the purpose of healthy eating when we add sugar, syrup, sweetened granola etc etc...


          I used to add a teaspoon of condensed milk to the oatmeal to sweeten it and make it creamy but DH said that defeated the purpose of eating oatmeal. Sometimes, I add a packet of 3-in-1 cereal into my oatmeal to make it more tasty.
          I think it depends on how much you add and how careful you need to be? Unless you have some chronic illness that requires drastic diet watching, I don't see why we can't use some sugar, fat etc. I don't think \"healthy\" food necessarily needs to be very low-sugar, low-fat etc; we just want to limit consumption to an amount that is not unhealthy. A little taste to make healthy stuff palatable is OK, I feel. And doing it yourself means that you have more control of the amount.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • sharonkhooS Offline
            sharonkhoo
            last edited by

            MrsKiasu:
            from Green Earth Organics and The nutswarehouse, sometimes laobanniang..the 3rd one usually more ex I find..The 1st one is good for cranberries..I bought 9kgs of cashew nuts from no.2 recently as was on sale. Bought the rest from no.1 multiple times. The most I do is air fry the nuts. Usually eat raw nuts. After air fry, can get more satisfaction in eating though 😂


            btw, coolkidsrock2, how to activate? what is the purpose?
            Organic produce? From overseas? Surely it won't be cheaper than PH. 9kg? That's a lot! I don't buy more tan 1 kg at a time.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • lee_ylL Offline
              lee_yl
              last edited by

              ngl2010:
              lee_yl:


              Thanks for the interesting recipe. But doesn’t that defeat the purpose of healthy eating when we add sugar, syrup, sweetened granola etc etc...

              I used to add a teaspoon of condensed milk to the oatmeal to sweeten it and make it creamy but DH said that defeated the purpose of eating oatmeal. Sometimes, I add a packet of 3-in-1 cereal into my oatmeal to make it more tasty.

              For one person, I only put half teaspoon of brown sugar. Fresh milk is healthy. Banana is healthy. Cinnamon only has a few calories and not sweet. Maybe if you want, you can eliminate the brown sugar. So just obtain the sweetness from banana (actually fresh milk naturally has sugar too so it will add taste to the oatmeal).

              Banana + oatmeal = mushy + mushy?
              Banana not my favorite fruit leh...

              You use fresh milk to boil oatmeal? I notice you all like to add cinnamon to the oatmeal.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • lee_ylL Offline
                lee_yl
                last edited by

                slmkhoo:
                MrsKiasu:

                from Green Earth Organics and The nutswarehouse, sometimes laobanniang..the 3rd one usually more ex I find..The 1st one is good for cranberries..I bought 9kgs of cashew nuts from no.2 recently as was on sale. Bought the rest from no.1 multiple times. The most I do is air fry the nuts. Usually eat raw nuts. After air fry, can get more satisfaction in eating though 😂


                btw, coolkidsrock2, how to activate? what is the purpose?

                Organic produce? From overseas? Surely it won't be cheaper than PH. 9kg? That's a lot! I don't buy more tan 1 kg at a time.

                9kg of cashew nuts? :yikes:

                I don’t buy more than 250g each time. Else not fresh. No doubt they are healthy snacks, nuts are damn fattening!

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • lee_ylL Offline
                  lee_yl
                  last edited by

                  Fried chicken:
                  lee_yl:

                  But.... Oatmeal is not nice... :sad:

                  And I don’t feel satisfaction eating oatmeal.

                  Whenever I take Quaker’s instant oak (red packaging) for bfast, my heart tends to beat very fast and I get hungry before noon.

                  For the quick cook Quaker (blue packing), I don’t get side effects and it seems more filling! But I lazy to cook.

                  When the small pot of water boils, I feel like putting in a packet of instant noodles instead of oatmeal. 😂

                  I can’t eat cooked oatmeal. Can’t stand the taste or the texture. But I like overnight oats. 1/2 cup of rolled or steel cut oats, 3/4 cup of milk, 2 or 3 tablespoons of berry yoghurt and a sprinkle of almonds, cranberries, dried apricots or fresh fruit. Yum!

                  Overnight oats need to cook?

                  But... I am not used to eating cold stuff for breakfast. Plus, whenever I go marketing and the delicious hawker food seem to be waving at me. :faint: Cannot withstand the hunger pangs until I get home to cook/eat oatmeal 😂

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • F Offline
                    FantasyLandDreams
                    last edited by

                    Lee_yl,


                    :hi5: I just went Sheng siong, saw a new flavour and cannot resist. Buy to try. All of you are very healthy people. To me, me time includes munching unhealthy snacks while watching tv. 😛


                    https://i.postimg.cc/8z9jz4yK/AC413144-01-AE-4643-9296-B9876-A033766.jpg\">

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • EstéemaE Offline
                      Estéema
                      last edited by

                      lee_yl:
                      slmkhoo:

                      [quote=\"MrsKiasu\"]from Green Earth Organics and The nutswarehouse, sometimes laobanniang..the 3rd one usually more ex I find..The 1st one is good for cranberries..I bought 9kgs of cashew nuts from no.2 recently as was on sale. Bought the rest from no.1 multiple times. The most I do is air fry the nuts. Usually eat raw nuts. After air fry, can get more satisfaction in eating though 😂


                      btw, coolkidsrock2, how to activate? what is the purpose?

                      Organic produce? From overseas? Surely it won't be cheaper than PH. 9kg? That's a lot! I don't buy more tan 1 kg at a time.

                      9kg of cashew nuts? :yikes:

                      I don’t buy more than 250g each time. Else not fresh. No doubt they are healthy snacks, nuts are damn fattening![/quote]Cashew nuts are not cheap. But to keep 9 kg, unless in buoyant bz, it might go rancind begore u reach last nut. But to try finish 9kg bag, unless shared by large grp, it’ll not just be fattening but we’ll loafing too much protein for kidney yo handle.

                      In everything best exercise balance & moderation.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • lee_ylL Offline
                        lee_yl
                        last edited by

                        :rotflmao:

                        FLD, this one my fav:

                        https://i.postimg.cc/7P9yZjWH/37025-BC5-3734-43-FE-94-DA-14-B819-F2-F1-A4.jpg\">

                        I buy only when got offer. :sad:

                        I try to have a healthy living :imanangel:
                        but I think I am far from attaining nirvana.

                        P/S: DH says I am not far... I am very far! 😂

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 1567
                        • 1568
                        • 1569
                        • 1570
                        • 1571
                        • 3615
                        • 3616
                        • 1569 / 3616
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        1

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy