Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Me Time!

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Recess Time
    36.2k Posts 331 Posters 3.3m Views 2 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • chenlaoshiC Offline
      chenlaoshi
      last edited by

      ChiefKiasu\" post_id=\"2077210\" time=\"1659538726\" user_id=\"3:

      Ouch. I lost my notebook computer today 😢 . Was throwing things in the void deck and my brother in law threw everything including my notebook into the recycling bin. I discovered I was missing the notebook too late just 10 minutes later and by the time we were back at the place, the trash was already raided and the notebook was gone. I was devastated as I was the only one with the P1 registration data, so if it was gone, I don't know where to hide my face. Luckily, I checked onedrive and thank God, it was all down there.

      Going to buy a new notebook tomorrow. What is a reasonably good notebook around $1.5k?
      Opps :oops: thankfully there's cloud storage. I'm using Lenovo Thinkpad. There are 8.8 offers - vouchers on top of discounted prices, so if you are not in a rush, can check out https://shopee.sg/lenovoofficial or https://www.lazada.sg/shop/lenovo/?path=index.htm official stores.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • ChiefKiasuC Offline
        ChiefKiasu
        last edited by

        chenlaoshi\" post_id=\"2077217\" time=\"1659545805\" user_id=\"162894:

        Opps :oops: thankfully there's cloud storage. I'm using Lenovo Thinkpad. There are 8.8 offers - vouchers on top of discounted prices, so if you are not in a rush, can check out https://shopee.sg/lenovoofficial or https://www.lazada.sg/shop/lenovo/?path=index.htm official stores.
        Thanks for the recommendations! Unfortunately I am in a hurry so I'll buy it at sim lim Square today 🙂 Well, hopefully, my old notebook will go to someone in real need of help.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • NebbermindN Offline
          Nebbermind
          last edited by

          janet88\" post_id=\"2077202\" time=\"1659531924\" user_id=\"12950:

          My place is in the outskirts of Bukit Batok…no coffee shop or hawker centre.
          Tengah is on the opposite of the road.
          I'm surprised they continued to expand BB without giving them a proper food centre and market

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • NebbermindN Offline
            Nebbermind
            last edited by

            ChiefKiasu\" post_id=\"2077210\" time=\"1659538726\" user_id=\"3:

            Ouch. I lost my notebook computer today 😢 . Was throwing things in the void deck and my brother in law threw everything including my notebook into the recycling bin. I discovered I was missing the notebook too late just 10 minutes later and by the time we were back at the place, the trash was already raided and the notebook was gone. I was devastated as I was the only one with the P1 registration data, so if it was gone, I don't know where to hide my face. Luckily, I checked onedrive and thank God, it was all down there.

            Going to buy a new notebook tomorrow. What is a reasonably good notebook around $1.5k?
            You shifting out from your riverside place?

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • P Offline
              pokoyoko
              last edited by

              ChiefKiasu\" post_id=\"2077220\" time=\"1659564882\" user_id=\"3:

              Thanks for the recommendations! Unfortunately I am in a hurry so I'll buy it at sim lim Square today 🙂 Well, hopefully, my old notebook will go to someone in real need of help.
              You are so patient and kind. If it happened to me I would ask my in law to pay for it. 😓

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • sharonkhooS Offline
                sharonkhoo
                last edited by

                Nebbermind\" post_id=\"2077239\" time=\"1659577731\" user_id=\"15571:

                I'm surprised they continued to expand BB without giving them a proper food centre and market
                HDB always waits till there is \"sufficient\" population in a new town before putting in amenities. I was one of the first few to move into Bukit Panjang in 1987, and lived there till 1995. The bus terminus did not get built till after we moved out, and we had a \"temporary\" bus terminus along the side of the road under my bedroom window for those 9 years. Bukit Panjang Plaza was only built long after we moved out - they hadn't even started clearing the ground in 1995! No wet market or food centre (as far as I recall) during the time we were there, but there were a few neighbourhood shops and coffeeshops here and there. Of course no LRT in those days either, and since KJE hadn't been built, there were traffic jams along upper Bukit Timah Road to get through to reach the CCK MRT station. We used to mostly shop and eat in CCK, Bukit Batok or Beauty World because were were fortunate enough to own a car.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • EstéemaE Offline
                  Estéema
                  last edited by

                  Nebbermind\" post_id=\"2077239\" time=\"1659577731\" user_id=\"15571:

                  I'm surprised they continued to expand BB without giving them a proper food centre and market
                  Bt Batok hv no proper wet mkt since the late 90s as far as I know.

                  Was recommended a stall at one of the HDB shophouses setup for herbal black chicken & shopped there every weekend for at least 5 years before we gave up the long trip & hv to send kids for recreational activities. Veggies are very fresh & cheap there as I rmbr. Not sure what is like these days. Might make a trip to relive nostalgia. I believe the more livable town Centres with proper food centres & wer mkt wld be Toa Payoh, Bedok, Tampines, Clementi, Woodlands, Simei, Chong Pang, Tiong Bahru.

                  Not sure if anyone hv vibrant Town Centres to share.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • Liew Nga WingL Offline
                    Liew Nga Wing
                    last edited by

                    Estéema\" post_id=\"2077254\" time=\"1659581995\" user_id=\"66413:

                    Bt Batok hv no proper wet mkt since the late 90s as far as I know.

                    Was recommended a stall at one of the HDB shophouses setup for herbal black chicken & shopped there every weekend for at least 5 years before we gave up the long trip & hv to send kids for recreational activities. Veggies are very fresh & cheap there as I rmbr. Not sure what is like these days. Might make a trip to relive nostalgia. I believe the more livable town Centres with proper food centres & wer mkt wld be Toa Payoh, Bedok, Tampines, Clementi, Woodlands, Simei, Chong Pang, Tiong Bahru.

                    Not sure if anyone hv vibrant Town Centres to share.
                    My Dear Friend, Boon Lay Place Market is within my walking distance.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • NebbermindN Offline
                      Nebbermind
                      last edited by

                      slmkhoo\" post_id=\"2077245\" time=\"1659578903\" user_id=\"28674:

                      HDB always waits till there is \"sufficient\" population in a new town before putting in amenities. I was one of the first few to move into Bukit Panjang in 1987, and lived there till 1995. The bus terminus did not get built till after we moved out, and we had a \"temporary\" bus terminus along the side of the road under my bedroom window for those 9 years. Bukit Panjang Plaza was only built long after we moved out - they hadn't even started clearing the ground in 1995! No wet market or food centre (as far as I recall) during the time we were there, but there were a few neighbourhood shops and coffeeshops here and there. Of course no LRT in those days either, and since KJE hadn't been built, there were traffic jams along upper Bukit Timah Road to get through to reach the CCK MRT station. We used to mostly shop and eat in CCK, Bukit Batok or Beauty World because were were fortunate enough to own a car.
                      Ya, the planning for BB & BP is so different from JE & JW (not the NTU side) and they were probably developed at about the same time. I think JE has at least 2 markets. BP only got its foos centre a few years back.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • EstéemaE Offline
                        Estéema
                        last edited by

                        Liew Nga Wing\" post_id=\"2077255\" time=\"1659582623\" user_id=\"195250:[quote=\"Liew Nga Wing\" post_id=2077255 time=1659582623 user_id=195250]
                        My Dear Friend, Boon Lay Place Market is within my walking distance.[/quote]
                        I’ve not been to Boon Lay mkt, so no idea how vibrant or what’s available there. TP is a tad crowded for my liking but it’s plenty of competition amongst the shops/stalls there. Similarly at Chong Pang, but CP hv a certain 人情味 air in their social vibes. I enjoy Bedok & Tampines as I can find many varieties in one trip & s’times hv problem with ‘self-control’ when shopping there. 😆

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 2646
                        • 2647
                        • 2648
                        • 2649
                        • 2650
                        • 3615
                        • 3616
                        • 2648 / 3616
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        EducareTutoringE
                        EducareTutoring

                        Statistics

                        7

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy