Me Time!
-
MyPillow\" post_id=\"2132648\" time=\"1713095473\" user_id=\"70594:
Maybe more for families with more women coz it started off with us daughters and mother. My dh is not in this chat group but I m in his siblings and bro in laws chat group. And yes, my mom whole day using hp with friends. Now not only buy EPO & fish oil, but also eyes vitamin.
My mum n her sisters, have this type of chat
Grp too . N they use voice messages . Everyday also got updates . My mum will read / listen to all msg frequently. I think itβs a sister thing , families with more women/sisters , chat , updates, travel , get together more often . The husbands also need to join in π -
MyPillow\" post_id=\"2132648\" time=\"1713095473\" user_id=\"70594:
I never get the hang of voice messages. I just had lunch and there was this Chinese guy sitting near me who kept speaking on the phone, then stopped to read his mobile and get some bites of his food, then spoke to his phone again and the whole cycle repeats again for many times. I was annoyed and quickly finished my meal and left fast. He was still doing it when I left :faint: . Wouldn't it be easier for him just to have a normal phone conversation on his mobile?
... N they use voice messages .
... -
Sometimes, it is because the other party is not convenience to talk over the phone. When I am in MRT, it is so noisy that I cannot talk properly inside the train. The other advantages of using voice message are : the other party can have some time to think before they reply instead of immediate reply over phone conversation.
-
Dunno whether now still in used. Saw people speak in Cantonese to convert it to written msg.
-
I prefer to text. Does that make me young?
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/gen-z-millennials-favour-whatsapp-texting-over-phone-calls-big-read-4262986?cid=internal_sharetool_iphone_15042024_cna -
zac's mum\" post_id=\"2132661\" time=\"1713134693\" user_id=\"53606:[quote=\"zac's mum\" post_id=2132661 time=1713134693 user_id=53606]
Yes, you will notice those talking over the phone in public transport are old uncle and auntie. :rotflmao:
I prefer to text. Does that make me young?
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/gen-z-millennials-favour-whatsapp-texting-over-phone-calls-big-read-4262986?cid=internal_sharetool_iphone_15042024_cna[/quote] -
ChiefKiasu\" post_id=\"2132655\" time=\"1713105816\" user_id=\"3:
I never get the hang of voice messages. I just had lunch and there was this Chinese guy sitting near me who kept speaking on the phone, then stopped to read his mobile and get some bites of his food, then spoke to his phone again and the whole cycle repeats again for many times. I was annoyed and quickly finished my meal and left fast. He was still doing it when I left :faint: . Wouldn't it be easier for him just to have a normal phone conversation on his mobile?
i also dun like vm,
i think the chinese speaking older aunties grp like to use voice msg, for longer msg or sentence
becoz they do not know han yu ping yin to type (fast) and its a grp chat, they use voice to speak
to inform/tell everyone is faster bah .. -
I use voice for chinese msgs. I can speak mandarin but come to writing or typing I am super slow. ha.
-
Finally KSP is working again. I missed u all!
-
Same here..chief, please dont abandon us

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login