Me Time!
-
For the past few days, we have been taking the bus down to orchard…to take a stroll, window shop, enjoy ayam penyet without worrying about car park charges. It’s tiring and time consuming taking public transport, but there is no time constraint.
Was at Taka today…Michael kors, mcm and some brands are having season clearance sale up to 30%. Michael Kors was packed. Even the business at polo Ralph Lauren was brisk. Surprisingly, pandora counter was empty. Have been taking lunch at 2+, yet food courts are still so packed. -
I think food business is making lots of $$
Had a good time with family at JB despite wasting much time waiting/queuing for bus and at the customs
Planning to clean the house, clear any unwanted things, if any, admire my newly bought xmas tree
Just pray for peaceful and quiet moment -
I just realised how close it is to Christmas, and how many presents I have to get! I hoped to get them during my vacation but didn’t see much, so now I have to get some in a hurry! No time to order online because there’s insufficient time for delivery, so I will be spending this afternoon at Popular to get books for nephews and nieces. I thought this year I might get other things, but looks like it’s books again (I’m the boring book-buying aunt!) Must also get some stocking stuffers for my girls as they like to maintain the fiction that Santa fills their stockings even though they have known the truth since they were about 4yo.
-
slmkhoo:
I just realised how close it is to Christmas, and how many presents I have to get! I hoped to get them during my vacation but didn't see much, so now I have to get some in a hurry! No time to order online because there's insufficient time for delivery, so I will be spending this afternoon at Popular to get books for nephews and nieces. I thought this year I might get other things, but looks like it's books again (I'm the boring book-buying aunt!) Must also get some stocking stuffers for my girls as they like to maintain the fiction that Santa fills their stockings even though they have known the truth since they were about 4yo.
So cute..you actually got the stockings and fill it up..been getting presents for the girls this month. Bought a few things but they cant wait to open it up and started playing/using it..going out with dd1 is like that, super ganjiong cannot wait one..ok, i told them this is for your birthday/improvement/christmas etc..christmas and dd's birthday havent come, nothing new already all consumed. I shall learn my lesson. -
MrsKiasu:
Don't buy when they are with you? When my kids were small and couldn't wait if they knew the things were in the house, I would take note of what they wanted and then make another trip down later. Delayed gratification is a good thing to learn. I would hide the stuff in my cupboard (they don't dig around there) until the day. Now they are older, they sometimes buy their presents themselves after consulting us about price etc, then we reimburse them!slmkhoo:
I just realised how close it is to Christmas, and how many presents I have to get! I hoped to get them during my vacation but didn't see much, so now I have to get some in a hurry! No time to order online because there's insufficient time for delivery, so I will be spending this afternoon at Popular to get books for nephews and nieces. I thought this year I might get other things, but looks like it's books again (I'm the boring book-buying aunt!) Must also get some stocking stuffers for my girls as they like to maintain the fiction that Santa fills their stockings even though they have known the truth since they were about 4yo.
So cute..you actually got the stockings and fill it up..been getting presents for the girls this month. Bought a few things but they cant wait to open it up and started playing/using it..going out with dd1 is like that, super ganjiong cannot wait one..ok, i told them this is for your birthday/improvement/christmas etc..christmas and dd's birthday havent come, nothing new already all consumed. I shall learn my lesson.
The stockings have become a tradition in our family. I made them when they were babies, and so they aren't very big, thankfully! I used to put in little things like stationery, a chocolate bar, a pair of pretty socks and other small odds and ends. They aren't interested in those things now, so it's a challenge to find something that is small, inexpensive and would be useful. I'm thinking that l may get lip gloss, a sushi-making mat, hair ties... not sure what else. I think I will have to go to Daiso next week (I'll be too wieghed down by books to go today). I sometimes threaten to tell \"Santa\" to forget about finding interesting things and just get them school socks, pencils and a toothbrush!
We still try to get them \"proper\" presents (at least one each) for under the tree - this year, I am getting the 2 Harry Potter books Cursed Child and Fantastic Beasts. We are also replacing the older girl's headphones and the younger girl's bible. Really don't know what else to get. -
I like your idea on the home made stockings. So meaningful been used since they were babies :love:
hmm..what else can we make for their reuse every year ..feel like making them something also.. -
Slmkhoo
Since you are getting new headphones for your daughter, you may consider buying more as X’mas gifts for your nieces & nephews. My girls received earphones as X’mas gifts last year and they liked it a lot -
Settled my morning errands
ME time now -
this is the last weekend before christmas…no wonder there is a mad rush. after next weekend, it will be getting ready to go back to school.
-
janet88:
this is the last weekend before christmas...no wonder there is a mad rush. after next weekend, it will be getting ready to go back to school.
Just realised 2016 will be ending soon
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login