Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    SA1 Exam week

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Academic Support
    61 Posts 20 Posters 17.7k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • H Offline
      HyperKiasu
      last edited by

      Funz:
      I am spared the SA1 anxiety. DD only in P1 and no SA1.


      She has had so many topical tests until I lost track.

      But I guess yah P1 only, still honeymoon period. So no stress.
      why no SA1 for P1 :?
      i think only no more CA1, CA2...etc..for P1

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • FunzF Offline
        Funz
        last edited by

        HyperKiasu:
        Funz:

        I am spared the SA1 anxiety. DD only in P1 and no SA1.


        She has had so many topical tests until I lost track.

        But I guess yah P1 only, still honeymoon period. So no stress.

        why no SA1 for P1 :?
        i think only no more CA1, CA2...etc..for P1

        Seriously, no SA1. Well no CA1 or 2 either. It's topical tests and performance tasks. They will have SA2 at the end of this year and the whole year's result will be based on their topical test results and SA2.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • MMMM Offline
          MMM
          last edited by

          Yes this is the week.


          I think we've done all we could. The rest is up to them. My kids are P3 and P2 and though I am worried, suddenly I felt that I've come to a point whereby this is just an assessment of what they've learnt. So what if their scores is not perfect???? It's just a P2 or P3 exam.

          My son just called me and I was like :
          * Be careful
          * Read carefully
          * Remember to check your work

          He was like..... \"Mummy, this is the 100th time that you are telling me this\". :roll:

          I am seriously waiting for wednesday. I told myself that I will go for a long overdue haircut on this coming wednesday. We are going to enjoy ourselves this weekend without having to worry about rushing home to revise for exams. I am also looking forward to June hols.... I just love hols. We parents work as hard as the kids these days.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • JoyJ Offline
            Joy
            last edited by

            mmm



            I shared the same thought as you.

            Am also waiting wed to come...celebrate overdue mother's day and.....definately look forward to the june holidays for a good break...

            MMM:
            Yes this is the week.

            I think we've done all we could. The rest is up to them. My kids are P3 and P2 and though I am worried, suddenly I felt that I've come to a point whereby this is just an assessment of what they've learnt. So what if their scores is not perfect???? It's just a P2 or P3 exam.

            My son just called me and I was like :
            * Be careful
            * Read carefully
            * Remember to check your work

            He was like..... \"Mummy, this is the 100th time that you are telling me this\". :roll:

            I am seriously waiting for wednesday. I told myself that I will go for a long overdue haircut on this coming wednesday. We are going to enjoy ourselves this weekend without having to worry about rushing home to revise for exams. I am also looking forward to June hols.... I just love hols. We parents work as hard as the kids these days.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • N Offline
              ningy
              last edited by

              Me too, I’ll be waiting for my DD1 at her sch gate on wed so we can have lunch (her pick) together and then de-stress by some shopping ! I’ve even borrowed a CD ROM game fr the library so she can enjoy aft the exams. DD2 is in P1; so although she’s having the mock oral, listening compre and exams; all these will not be "counted" so less stress. At least she’s revising when her elder sis doing revision and not make any noise.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • H Offline
                HyperKiasu
                last edited by

                ningy:
                Me too, I'll be waiting for my DD1 at her sch gate on wed so we can have lunch (her pick) together and then de-stress by some shopping ! I've even borrowed a CD ROM game fr the library so she can enjoy aft the exams. DD2 is in P1; so although she's having the mock oral, listening compre and exams; all these will not be \"counted\" so less stress. At least she's revising when her elder sis doing revision and not make any noise.

                I was thinking of whether or not to give my ds some treats after exam. but later i withdrew the idea as i dun want to leave impression on him that mummy is so serious about his exam....

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • H Offline
                  HyperKiasu
                  last edited by

                  Funz:
                  Seriously, no SA1. Well no CA1 or 2 either. It's topical tests and performance tasks. They will have SA2 at the end of this year and the whole year's result will be based on their topical test results and SA2.

                  i see. no SA1 also good. kids will have to work hard consistently and last minutes hassle can be minimized....

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • V Offline
                    vlim
                    last edited by

                    HyperKiasu:
                    ningy:

                    Me too, I'll be waiting for my DD1 at her sch gate on wed so we can have lunch (her pick) together and then de-stress by some shopping ! I've even borrowed a CD ROM game fr the library so she can enjoy aft the exams. DD2 is in P1; so although she's having the mock oral, listening compre and exams; all these will not be \"counted\" so less stress. At least she's revising when her elder sis doing revision and not make any noise.


                    I was thinking of whether or not to give my ds some treats after exam. but later i withdrew the idea as i dun want to leave impression on him that mummy is so serious about his exam....

                    To me, I think is ok to reward them for the hardwork they had put in and they will feel that their effort is being appreciated ... 😄

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • K Offline
                      KSP
                      last edited by

                      Funz:
                      Seriously, no SA1. Well no CA1 or 2 either. It's topical tests and performance tasks. They will have SA2 at the end of this year and the whole year's result will be based on their topical test results and SA2.

                      Yes, my dd came home last week and asked me why there is no exam for P1 this year. I think our dd school do away with P1 exam starting only this year. First thing she said was \"Not fair, how come last year she had her exam but those in P1 this year have no exam........ blah, blah, blah.....\" Then I told her why not you ask your teacher and find out why.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • M Offline
                        mummyjoyce
                        last edited by

                        So stressed for everyone... always feel that this is not the right way to have stress 😢 :?

                        Since I have no other option; I am too like the rest of the mother - giving support - planning for coming weekend acitivities (finished SA1); cook food that they like to eat; reduce Tv time and jia you to them all the times.
                        ALL THE BEST to all the children out there :rahrah:

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3
                        • 4
                        • 5
                        • 6
                        • 7
                        • 2 / 7
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        3

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy