SA1 Exam week
-
ningy:
Me too, I'll be waiting for my DD1 at her sch gate on wed so we can have lunch (her pick) together and then de-stress by some shopping ! I've even borrowed a CD ROM game fr the library so she can enjoy aft the exams. DD2 is in P1; so although she's having the mock oral, listening compre and exams; all these will not be \"counted\" so less stress. At least she's revising when her elder sis doing revision and not make any noise.
I was thinking of whether or not to give my ds some treats after exam. but later i withdrew the idea as i dun want to leave impression on him that mummy is so serious about his exam.... -
Funz:
Seriously, no SA1. Well no CA1 or 2 either. It's topical tests and performance tasks. They will have SA2 at the end of this year and the whole year's result will be based on their topical test results and SA2.
i see. no SA1 also good. kids will have to work hard consistently and last minutes hassle can be minimized.... -
HyperKiasu:
To me, I think is ok to reward them for the hardwork they had put in and they will feel that their effort is being appreciated ...ningy:
Me too, I'll be waiting for my DD1 at her sch gate on wed so we can have lunch (her pick) together and then de-stress by some shopping ! I've even borrowed a CD ROM game fr the library so she can enjoy aft the exams. DD2 is in P1; so although she's having the mock oral, listening compre and exams; all these will not be \"counted\" so less stress. At least she's revising when her elder sis doing revision and not make any noise.
I was thinking of whether or not to give my ds some treats after exam. but later i withdrew the idea as i dun want to leave impression on him that mummy is so serious about his exam....
-
Funz:
Seriously, no SA1. Well no CA1 or 2 either. It's topical tests and performance tasks. They will have SA2 at the end of this year and the whole year's result will be based on their topical test results and SA2.
Yes, my dd came home last week and asked me why there is no exam for P1 this year. I think our dd school do away with P1 exam starting only this year. First thing she said was \"Not fair, how come last year she had her exam but those in P1 this year have no exam........ blah, blah, blah.....\" Then I told her why not you ask your teacher and find out why. -
So stressed for everyone... always feel that this is not the right way to have stress
:?
Since I have no other option; I am too like the rest of the mother - giving support - planning for coming weekend acitivities (finished SA1); cook food that they like to eat; reduce Tv time and jia you to them all the times.
ALL THE BEST to all the children out there :rahrah: -
James Ang:
Exam week for the whole nation's primary and secondary levels. Any parents take leave to support your child during the crucial exam week? ...
like that leave very fast burnt!
if you have not been support ya child or supervising his work, no point δΈ΄ζΆζ±δ½θ anyway. -
vlim:
To me, I think is ok to reward them for the hardwork they had put in and they will feel that their effort is being appreciated ... :D[/quote]HyperKiasu:
[quote=\"ningy\"]Me too, I'll be waiting for my DD1 at her sch gate on wed so we can have lunch (her pick) together and then de-stress by some shopping ! I've even borrowed a CD ROM game fr the library so she can enjoy aft the exams. DD2 is in P1; so although she's having the mock oral, listening compre and exams; all these will not be \"counted\" so less stress. At least she's revising when her elder sis doing revision and not make any noise.
I was thinking of whether or not to give my ds some treats after exam. but later i withdrew the idea as i dun want to leave impression on him that mummy is so serious about his exam....
valid point. i will reward him for his hardwork and congratulate him on the progress he has been made... :rahrah: -
tomorrow is Maths paper, jiayou everyone

-
James Ang:
tomorrow is Maths paper, jiayou everyone

not every school is writing maths exam tomorrow ...... -
those who dun have SA1, is it no SA1 from P1 to P6 or just apply to lower levels?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login