Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Property Views

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Money Matters
    2.6k Posts 153 Posters 534.0k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • W Offline
      wonderm
      last edited by

      starlight1968sg:
      wonderm:

      Under certain circumstances. For example, in a very slow market, when the project has already TOP and it is left with some units which the developer wants the quickly sell.


      These are likely the leftover units...

      Yes, developers are doing a business. It makes no sense for them to negotiate for their choice units. They may make other buyers angry if they do so.

      Sometimes, developers invite some of their loyal customers (people who bought their projects before) for their soft launch, during which the developer sells directly without going through any agent and hence gives a few % additional discount. But the units sold during these soft launch may not be good units.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • starlight1968sgS Offline
        starlight1968sg
        last edited by

        wonderm:
        Sometimes, developers invite some of their loyal customers (people who bought their projects before) for their soft launch, during which the developer sells directly without going through any agent and hence gives a few % additional discount. But the units sold during these soft launch may not be good units.

        Some developers use their own agents, others engage property agents.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • N Offline
          ngl2010
          last edited by

          Thank you, Starlight and Wonderm.


          :thankyou:

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • starlight1968sgS Offline
            starlight1968sg
            last edited by

            ngl2010:
            Thank you, Starlight and Wonderm.


            :thankyou:
            Happy hunting!
            I am merely sharing what I knew.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • N Offline
              ngl2010
              last edited by

              starlight1968sg:
              ngl2010:

              Thank you, Starlight and Wonderm.


              :thankyou:

              Happy hunting!
              I am merely sharing what I knew.

              Thanks. That will be a few years down the road. 😄

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • JenniferJ Offline
                Jennifer
                last edited by

                I am quite particular about beams. I dun think I would buy uncompleted development.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • P Offline
                  pirated
                  last edited by

                  Jennifer:
                  I am quite particular about beams. I dun think I would buy uncompleted development.

                  Completed development may have many beams covered by false ceiling, or sewage pipe over the headboard ....

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • P Offline
                    pirated
                    last edited by

                    ngl2010:
                    I have never bought property directly from developer. Can we negotiate the price?

                    Of course you can.

                    Some agents appointed by developers at launch site also openly say they can try help asking for more discount from developer if you are really keen like ready to write a cheque. Agents hope to close the deal get commission and developers want to move the units to reduce holding cost. It is a tight margin business these days, no more people queuing up overnite to snap up units without looking at show house.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • N Offline
                      ngl2010
                      last edited by

                      pirated:
                      ngl2010:

                      I have never bought property directly from developer. Can we negotiate the price?


                      Of course you can.

                      Some agents appointed by developers at launch site also openly say they can try help asking for more discount from developer if you are really keen like ready to write a cheque. Agents hope to close the deal get commission and developers want to move the units to reduce holding cost. It is a tight margin business these days, no more people queuing up overnite to snap up units without looking at show house.

                      I see. Thank you, Pirated.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • chiakiC Offline
                        chiaki
                        last edited by

                        I think it also depend in who is the developer. I heard that you can forget about nego if it is those big name one like CDL, capitaland, Keppel land, UOL etc


                        If it is those smaller one, there might still be a chance.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 26
                        • 27
                        • 28
                        • 29
                        • 30
                        • 259
                        • 260
                        • 28 / 260
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        thebottomsupblogT
                        thebottomsupblog
                        sharonkhooS
                        sharonkhoo

                        Statistics

                        10

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy