CMA Math - Discussion
-
octoberbaby:
Would it be too late once reach p3? In P2 there are exams right?
:rotflmao: It's too late if we think it is. Personally, I think it is good to start problem sums in P2.
The reason why parents send their children to CMA and Kumon is to increase computation speed which is important and fundamental to Math. Get that out of the way first, so that the child can focus and enjoy the higher-ordered problem-solving processes. If the child is weak in the computational aspects of math, problem sums would be twice as hard to him.
My P2 daughter is in Kumon, and I teach her myself separately on problem sums. I have to do that because she was weak in math when she was in P1, because we never really prepared her then. She's much better now with both the drilling and the problem sums training. For problem sums training, no need to sign up with any enrichment courses. Just subscribe to problemsums.com (now renamed as http://www.learnlogy.com) -
Hi,
My daughter started with CMA 4 months ago and recently I heard comments from a neighbour that her grand daughter who is in primary 2 now has lost the skills she learnt even though she reached a ‘high’ level before. She say must constantly use the skill else it’s a waste of $.
Appreciate any feedback from mummies who’s kids is already in primary schools. I thought its a once u know, u know it for life skill, like when we know multiplication, it will follow us for life. So not sure if what I heard is true or it only apply to the girl.
For my case it’s still not too late to stop as I have only plunge in $620.
Thanks. -
Sorry one more question.
If I just need my gal to learn mental addition and subtraction for maybe 3 digits, how long will it take? My daughter is not a high performer. She will complete her homework given, that’s all. Nothing more.
I am thinking of switching her to problem solving classes when she reach primary one, which is like 1yr 9mths from now. Can she reach the CMA 3 digit additions level by then?
Thanks for all advices. -
Hi any reviews on woodlands/ Kovan CMA branches? Are there any good teachers to recommend? Would like to have referral too. Can someone help? Thanks so much!
-
princesskaris:
Hi any reviews on woodlands/ Kovan CMA branches? Are there any good teachers to recommend? Would like to have referral too. Can someone help? Thanks so much!
Hi
Pm u -
I also have the same questions as princesskaris but only on Kovan branch. Any good teachers to recommend? can anyone share their thoughts? Cheers
-
Thanks pooh bear!
-
Yup, any reviews on Kovan branch? I was around the area previously and went up the shophouse/HDB blk to want to try to take a look at the school’s environment but it was closed when I was there. Is it a housing Unit converted into a school? Air-conditioned? Im a little particular about a school’s environment (pardon me)… Any teachers to recommend ?
-
My girl is with CMA Yishun since last year. Yishun is the main branch and most of the teachers there are good in teaching. Apart from this, the fees are also cheaper than other branches.
Interested mummies can PM me if you need referal. -
Posted earlier that I wanted to stop CMA. DS is enjoying CMA so much. Refuse to stop! Will cont another term or two… And take up chief’s suggestion on own tutoring for problem sums.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login