Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Order from Dangdang

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Chinese
    1.1k Posts 105 Posters 381.4k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • H Offline
      hquek
      last edited by

      I understand that peeka will place the order on behalf. Have not tried this facility but so far, it's positive comments from others.


      As for dangdang orders that have not arrived, try emailing them until you get a reply, else call them directly (phone cards not expensive). So far, all my orders arrived, some a bit later but still reach. I'm not sure what they will do if orders have not arrived after many months, but worth a try to call them. I feel they are still reliable (even if the dispatch companies they use may not be so). That said, once China Mail sent me another mummy's parcel and sent to her mine...luckily our phone number and addresses were intact so we could exchange.

      Have you tried tracing using the info found in your order? Go to http://intmail.183.com.cn/item/itemStatusQuery.do?lan=0 and then type in the tracking number provided. If not given, email DD for help.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • eskimoE Offline
        eskimo
        last edited by

        Hi hquek,

        Do you have any recent orders with them? My last order was early last year, and it was ok. Not sure if they still have delivery hiccups problem now.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • W Offline
          wanton
          last edited by

          Dangdang finally cofirmed in Jan this year that my order of Aug last year was not delivered and will refund the money to me. That took a while of course.

          I find peeka’s delivery charges only slightly cheaper than Dangdang and wonder how the spreeist sends theirs back as they only charge 20% of the order price for delivery.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • H Offline
            hquek
            last edited by

            hi eskimo, I think my last order was probably mid last year. No more since then. have to hold back a bit lah 🙂

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • H Offline
              hquek
              last edited by

              hi wanton, the spreeist either get very good rates from shipping co or maybe they can even ‘bao’ the whole/part of a container. Also, figure they will earn some from the exchange rate.


              Anyways, heard that peeka is much faster than DD direct. that alone may be worth it if peeka is a bit more expensive.

              Then again, I haven’t compared the charges in earnest, is Peeka really bit bit cheaper than DD? I though they increased their charges (not sure if right).

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • eskimoE Offline
                eskimo
                last edited by

                To answer my own post, i didn’t use dangdang in the end.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • H Offline
                  hquek
                  last edited by

                  Ha. And I’m trying out peeka. Hope the shipping costs won’t be scary. The thing I like buying from dangdang direct is the certainty of shipping costs. With transport companies, I won’t know until it’s too late

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • O Offline
                    Oppsgal
                    last edited by

                    Anyone try buy other things other then books through Peeka? How’s the shipping, exchange rate and their service like? Very confused by their calculation…

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • H Offline
                      hquek
                      last edited by

                      Oppsgal:
                      Anyone try buy other things other then books through Peeka? How's the shipping, exchange rate and their service like? Very confused by their calculation...

                      I just tried peeka recently. Order placed in mid march, expected to arrive by this week (yeah). since it's my first time, I tried carefully to get books of about the same size (total about 7-8). Ended up paying $5 concierge charge plus $16 shipping. So nett nett, I paid more for shipping than I would have with DD.

                      Good points: service is prompt and they update you every step of the way. Shipping is fast compared with dangdang. Some of the items are only available in some provinces - interestingly, peeka could get for me (that's a double plus).

                      Bad points: shipping charges are unknown until the items are on their way to SG.

                      Basically, I log into my account with peeka and add items by pasting weblink from DD (it's vey smart and can capture the price etc). Remember to zero out the DD shipping cost if DD absorb your transport to Peeka receiving centre. once I confirm, Peeka will charge me (I think) 80% of the cost at their official exchange rate (when I paid, I think it was about 4.85; they post the rates on their website, so it's transparent).

                      Peeka will order for me and receive for me. once the items are received, they will repack and then ship out. only after it's shipped out then I will know how much balance to pay.

                      btw, during the waiting time, you can add more items to your order. as long as not everything is in, it's fine to add.

                      i'm happy with their service but still feel it's pricey. so end of the day I probably won't use their service again unless it's to try get my hands on those items that are out of stock for sending to SG.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • S Offline
                        SAHM_TAN
                        last edited by

                        How much would you have paid for shipping if you went with DD? Thanks for sharing.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 101
                        • 102
                        • 103
                        • 104
                        • 105
                        • 114
                        • 115
                        • 103 / 115
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        3

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy