Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Order from Dangdang

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Chinese
    1.1k Posts 105 Posters 381.5k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • J Offline
      justmum
      last edited by

      I used the same tracking number RRXXXXXXXCN provided by DD to check:


      for china post:
      http://intmail.183.com.cn/item/trace/itemTraceAction.do

      for singpost, go to the registered article status:

      http://www.singpost.com.sg/ra/ra_article_status.aspx

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • B Offline
        Bluepanda
        last edited by

        Hi justmum, I think you have the same \"departure from outward office of exchange\tGUANGZHOU\t4/15/2011\" as bicky. Great to hear that you have received your parcel. Somehow mine which was earlier (departed from GUANGZHOU on 4/6/2011) has gone MIA.


        I can wait and let's see if mine has the same issue as SAHM Chew. Thanks everyone for responding to me. 😄

        SAHM Chew:
        My order come after 9 weeks+. I did email DD, initially, they respond quite fast.. after the 8 weeks, they respond only after 2-3 emails, and keep on asking me to check with our local post. I try tracking the RR number, but there is no update. at 9 weeks +, Singpost call me abt delivering my parcel. and when the parcel arrive, i saw that the RR number is not the same. I use the RR number from singpost n realise that the parcel had reach SG around week 8, but singpost took almost 1 week + to deliver to me.
        Bluepanda:

        Hi hquek and bicky,
        Thanks for your replies.

        I'm sad too cos my previous 2 orders went through smoothly w/o any glitches. I'm wondering what action will DD take after the 3 months of investigation. Anyone have similar experience to share? Thank you.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • S Offline
          SAHM_TAN
          last edited by

          Placed order on 3 Apr, out of China on 22 Apr and now in Singpost on 8 Jun.


          If counting from date order placed, it took 9wks plus to reach Singpost.

          If counting from date left China, it took 6wks plus to reach Singpost.

          This order has 3 items, 1 book, 1 set (3 titles), 1 set (2 titles)

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • laughingcatL Offline
            laughingcat
            last edited by

            Hello,


            Has anybody promoted to dd "钻石卡会员"? What are the benefits in terms of discount and how can we make use of the benefits?

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • H Offline
              hquek
              last edited by

              hi laughingcat,


              I am a diamond club member. There may be further discounts (it’s shown on website) but apart from that, I’m quite clueless about other benefits. Don’t think I can sustain (how many chinese books can I order forever?)

              FYI, if you use vouchers, the diamond club member discount will not apply. the differential usually is not that great anyway.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • laughingcatL Offline
                laughingcat
                last edited by

                thank hquek for the info.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • laughingcatL Offline
                  laughingcat
                  last edited by

                  I saw in the Singpost system that 2 of more items have arrived from China liao. :dancing: So happy! :rahrah:


                  Both of the items moved out of China port on the 9 Apr and have arrived SGP port on the 10 Jun. Duration is about 8.9 weeks.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • csbC Offline
                    csb
                    last edited by

                    Hi, just to share, I managed to pay for my latest Dangdang order using POSB everyday card last night. DD just sent me an email to confirm receipt of the payment. Have been using OCBC card but the payment couldn't go through for this last order, and so I just tried everyday card and bingo! 🙂

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • S Offline
                      SAHM_TAN
                      last edited by

                      fluffyboy:
                      I am intending to use the 'pay when goods arrive' and the books to be delivered to my hotel in Shanghai. Should i use the express courier? Then since i wont be staying in the hotel whole day to wait for the books to arrive, will the courier call my mobile before reaching? Can let me know how it works? Thanks

                      This is a consolidation of other parents' experience.

                      You will have to provide a local number (ie China) for them to call you. The courier will not call international number.

                      When the DD order is confirmed, you will see the courier number on your online order. Suggest call them and nicely explain your situation and ask for their help to deliver the package at a pre-arranged time so that you are around to rec the package and pay for it. Heard from other parents' experience the courier will not wait.

                      Also suggest to use express, it's not expensive and in case there's any hiccup (touch wood), you will have more time to contact the courier and try to resolve it.

                      Good Luck

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • B Offline
                        Bluepanda
                        last edited by

                        Hi everyone,

                        I received my parcel yesterday (14/June) which was shipped out from Guangzhou on 6/April. It took almost 10 weeks. I'm glad that it has reached. :dancing:

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 84
                        • 85
                        • 86
                        • 87
                        • 88
                        • 114
                        • 115
                        • 86 / 115
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy