Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    2011 PSLE Discussions and Strategy

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary 6 & PSLE
    9.4k Posts 546 Posters 1.9m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S Offline
      SAplayer
      last edited by

      jtoh:
      SAplayer:

      Can I have some comments on how the top schools for secondary girls goes? in order? (Only schools with higher tamil)

      Issit something like this:

      1) RGS
      2) NUS High
      3) MGS
      4) Cedar
      5) Tanjong Katong

      How about SCGS & NJC?

      1) RGS
      2) NUS High
      3) NJC
      4) SCGS
      5) MGS

      SCGS has no higher tamil so I excluded it from my list...I forgot abt NJC...

      So the list should go something like this:
      1) RGS
      2) NUS High
      3) MGS
      4) NJC
      5) Cedar
      6) Tanjong Katong

      If I include other schools it should be something like this:

      1) RGS
      2) NUS High
      3) MGS
      4) SCGS
      5) Dunman High
      6) Nanyang girls'
      7) NJC
      šŸ˜Ž Cedar
      9) Tanjong Katong

      This is purely my opinion as I am not aware of the standard/syllabus in each school...Please comment if you think my order is wrong...I tried not to make it in arrangement of cut-off but how good the school really is...

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • J Offline
        jtoh
        last edited by

        SAplayer:
        jtoh:

        [quote=\"SAplayer\"]Can I have some comments on how the top schools for secondary girls goes? in order? (Only schools with higher tamil)

        Issit something like this:

        1) RGS
        2) NUS High
        3) MGS
        4) Cedar
        5) Tanjong Katong

        How about SCGS & NJC?

        1) RGS
        2) NUS High
        3) NJC
        4) SCGS
        5) MGS

        SCGS has no higher tamil so I excluded it from my list... and NJC I thought it is higher than MGS correct? MGS usually has a cut off point in the low 250s and NJC in the high 250s if im not wrong...

        So the list should go something like this:
        1) RGS
        2) NUS High
        3) NJC
        4) MGS
        5) Cedar
        6) Tanjong Katong

        If I include other schools it should be something like this:

        1) RGS
        2) NUS High
        3) SCGS
        4) Nanyang girls'
        5) Dunman High
        6) MGS
        7) NJC
        šŸ˜Ž Cedar
        9) Tanjong Katong

        This is purely my opinion as I am not aware of the standard/syllabus in each school...Please comment if you think my order is wrong...I tried not to make it in arrangement of cut-off but how good the school really is...[/quote]SCGS does offer Higher Tamil, according to MOE's website. And NJC is ranked higher on my list than MGS.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • S Offline
          SAplayer
          last edited by

          jtoh:
          SAplayer:

          [quote=\"jtoh\"]
          SCGS has no higher tamil so I excluded it from my list... and NJC I thought it is higher than MGS correct? MGS usually has a cut off point in the low 250s and NJC in the high 250s if im not wrong...

          So the list should go something like this:
          1) RGS
          2) NUS High
          3) NJC
          4) MGS
          5) Cedar
          6) Tanjong Katong

          If I include other schools it should be something like this:

          1) RGS
          2) NUS High
          3) SCGS
          4) Nanyang girls'
          5) Dunman High
          6) MGS
          7) NJC
          šŸ˜Ž Cedar
          9) Tanjong Katong

          This is purely my opinion as I am not aware of the standard/syllabus in each school...Please comment if you think my order is wrong...I tried not to make it in arrangement of cut-off but how good the school really is...

          SCGS does offer Higher Tamil, according to MOE's website. And NJC is ranked higher on my list than MGS.

          [/quote]Oh...ok...I didnt know SCGS has higher tamil....
          issit better than MGS or lower???

          Although NJC has a higher cut-off than MGS, I feel MGS is better in terms of quality and reputation...

          So the list should go something like this:
          1) RGS
          2) NUS High
          3) MGS
          4) SCGS
          4) NJC
          5) Cedar
          6) Tanjong Katong

          If I include other schools it should be something like this:

          1) RGS
          2) NUS High
          3) MGS
          4) SCGS
          5) Nanyang girls'
          6) Dunman High
          7) NJC
          šŸ˜Ž Cedar

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • J Offline
            jtoh
            last edited by

            SAplayer:
            [

            Oh...ok...I didnt know SCGS has higher tamil....
            issit better than MGS or lower???

            Although NJC has a higher cut-off than MGS, I feel MGS is better in terms of quality and reputation...
            Ranking of schools is very tricky. How can you measure which school is #1, #2 etc? If you're considering purely by PSLE COPs, then the ranking is quite straightforward. The list in my earlier post is based on PSLE COP, nothing more. But schools are defined by a lot more than COPs. They're defined by whether the school offers a holistic education, its value-add, tradition and reputation, opportunities available to students, extent of syllabus, and so much more.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • S Offline
              SAplayer
              last edited by

              jtoh:


              Ranking of schools is very tricky. How can you measure which school is #1, #2 etc? If you're considering purely by PSLE COPs, then the ranking is quite straightforward. The list in my earlier post is based on PSLE COP, nothing more. But schools are defined by a lot more than COPs. They're defined by whether the school offers a holistic education, its value-add, tradition and reputation, opportunities available to students, extent of syllabus, and so much more.
              I totally agree...can you give me the link of your previous post? Thanks...

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • J Offline
                jtoh
                last edited by

                SAPlayer, I was referring to my first reply to you. Bottom of p. 330.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • S Offline
                  SAplayer
                  last edited by

                  jtoh:
                  SAPlayer, I was referring to my first reply to you. Bottom of p. 330.

                  OK thanks! My sis now spamming exam papers lol....and doing revision...

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • R Offline
                    r2010
                    last edited by

                    hashroop:
                    ngbrdad:

                    [quote=\"Super Alice\"]The teacher still gives my DS a lot of English worksheet and Maths Paper. This weekend is the last weekend that we can do all the revision. Do not understand why the school teacher still squeeze so many work for the poor kids.


                    Guess now it's a sticky situation whether you trust the school and allow them to continue with your kid's revision and preparation,
                    OR
                    you prefer to take over the revision completely from now till PSLE.


                    Hi, I took over complete revision for my DS2 since the start of Sep holidays. I didnt send him to school since then and he wont be going till 28/9. It worked for my DS1 and hence did the same for DS2. I feel with one to one he revises better and less tiring during this last lap.[/quote]
                    You mean you do not send him to school at all after Sep holiday? Did the school allow that?

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • V Offline
                      Verysuperkiasu
                      last edited by

                      8228:

                      Which brands are good? Thanks.
                      I always buy the 'popular' brand. So far, no more complaints from my chn after I switch to 'popular'.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • P Offline
                        Pen88n
                        last edited by

                        Vanilla Cake:
                        Pen88n:

                        Vanilla Cake,

                        Btw, do you happen to have the answer to MW tuition Maths paper from the unknown school?

                        Hi Pen88n,

                        Pls assist to check the answers worked out by my younger sister for the above mentioned 2011 P6 Prelim Maths paper. For Q14, she assumed that the arc \"cut\" line AB into \"half\" and give the percentage (answer) in fraction form. If you find any different answers, do feel free to highlight them for her to rework on these sums. Do you have access to the 2011 Nanyang Pri Sch P6 Prelim Maths exam papers? Thks for your feedback. šŸ˜„

                        Paper 2
                        Q1. 15
                        Q2. 14 m
                        Q3. 2040 pupils
                        Q4. 66 cm2
                        Q5. $ 8y
                        Q6. 22 years ago
                        Q7. (a) 2:1 (b) 129 more pupils
                        Q8. (a) Dina (b) $213
                        Q9. 8 degree
                        Q10. 1.30 pm
                        Q11. $46.30
                        Q12. $660
                        Q13. (a) 220 cm2 (b) 7:22
                        Q14. 10 and 2/7 %
                        Q15. (a) 23 degree (b) 78 degree
                        Q16. $360
                        Q17. (a) 1/12 (b) 80 cm
                        Q18. (a) 10:3:12 (b) 90 brooches.

                        Thanks, VC. All are well. Q14 assumption is logical as it mentioned the arcs are equal.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better šŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 329
                        • 330
                        • 331
                        • 332
                        • 333
                        • 943
                        • 944
                        • 331 / 944
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        tzenoT
                        tzeno

                        Statistics

                        4

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy