Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Is PSLE so important?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Secondary Schools - Selection
    379 Posts 143 Posters 212.5k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • A Offline
      Augmum
      last edited by

      Nebbermind:
      Augmum:



      hmm......of course u have to put yr most preferred choice as yr first choice, right?? 😉

      can't discount the fact that there r strange people around, right? 😐

      oh.....yes.....then the strange pple will need to be reminded... 😉 :roll:

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • V Offline
        verykiasu2010
        last edited by

        Augmum:
        Nebbermind:

        [quote=\"Augmum\"]

        hmm......of course u have to put yr most preferred choice as yr first choice, right?? 😉

        can't discount the fact that there r strange people around, right? 😐

        oh.....yes.....then the strange pple will need to be reminded... 😉 :roll:[/quote]to be reminded to put their most preferred choice last !

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • A Offline
          Augmum
          last edited by

          verykiasu2010:

          to be reminded to put their most preferred choice last !
          Hope this is not the reminder u have for the newbies 😉 😛

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • V Offline
            verykiasu2010
            last edited by

            Augmum:
            verykiasu2010:


            to be reminded to put their most preferred choice last !

            Hope this is not the reminder u have for the newbies 😉 😛

            alamak, the instruction on the S1 option form could not be missed :faint:

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • NebbermindN Offline
              Nebbermind
              last edited by

              maybe not nice of me to call them 'strange' :oops: . Perhaps 'stressed' and 'irrational' more appropriate.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • NebbermindN Offline
                Nebbermind
                last edited by

                not sure if this is the right thread.


                for edusave scholarship,

                The EESIS is also awarded to P6 GEP pupils who are Singapore Citizens and who meet the P6 GEP promotion criteria, and ...


                any idea what exactly is \"P6 GEP promotion criteria\". Is it something they will assess based on the compiled overall PSLE results?

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • V Offline
                  verykiasu2010
                  last edited by

                  Nebbermind:
                  not sure if this is the right thread.


                  for edusave scholarship,

                  The EESIS is also awarded to P6 GEP pupils who are Singapore Citizens and who meet the P6 GEP promotion criteria, and ...


                  any idea what exactly is \"P6 GEP promotion criteria\". Is it something they will assess based on the compiled overall PSLE results?
                  more than just the PSLE....some where some one mentioned about attitude ?I not sure about this too

                  but I guess if the PSLE scores meet the COP of her / his preferred school, what attitude ??!!

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • J Offline
                    jtoh
                    last edited by

                    Nebbermind:
                    not sure if this is the right thread.


                    for edusave scholarship,

                    The EESIS is also awarded to P6 GEP pupils who are Singapore Citizens and who meet the P6 GEP promotion criteria, and ...


                    any idea what exactly is \"P6 GEP promotion criteria\". Is it something they will assess based on the compiled overall PSLE results?
                    Results (inclusive of Social Studies) plus attitude.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • S Offline
                      sotongmom76
                      last edited by

                      Hmmm, last friday my third son who having PSLE this year refused to go to school but he’s enjoying his school life last year. Actually his science teacher who is his form teacher too called me last two weeks that he didn’t did his homework, telling lies about his homework.


                      I had a good talk with him and every night I had checked his homework, but why he don’t want to hand up.

                      Last friday, his teacher called me and told me Ivan didn’t went to school, so I told him that I had tried my best but he still refused to go. So the teacher said that my son don’t love me because if he love me, he won’t make me sad, and said he had take advantages of my weak points. He asked me whether I’ll caned him, and said I had given in too much to him. He told me that my son likes to play with his friends during recess and after school. He told me that the school had pity him so let him so for standard class, and people will look down on us if he went to normal stream next year.

                      I replied, I didn’t give in to him, that morning, I had beaten him up badly and forced him to change his uniform and dragged him out of the house, but he was too sturbborn and refused to go. Does this mean I had given in to him? What can I do if he really not going?

                      Something strikes me when I went in to get something, and can’t see him outside the door. My heart really afraid that he’ll do something foolish like the others, and I found him sitting at the stairs on 7th storey. He ran away when I walked near to him.

                      I had asked him what’s happening to him but he kept saying nothing. So my sis - in - law talked to him and finally get something from him. He had stressed fromt the teacher whom keep asking the class to do review for every science problem and reflexation. The class has to double up the relexation if they had not done. 200…400…800…until the students pass up. Not only for science…but for other subjects too. He had kept my son during recess until the last ten mins to read the science.

                      What can I do? And tell the teacher? I had tried to go to the school and wanted to talk to him personally. So I had asked my son to make an appointment last friday, but his teacher called me and said he’s very busy, can’t meet me, it’s the same talking over the phone.

                      PSLE students really in stress…not only from the family but also from the teachers.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • MoonFlowerM Offline
                        MoonFlower
                        last edited by

                        Hi, I can feel the sadness you have if I don’t remember wrongly you ever mentioned that you are a single mom with 3 kids??(*please pardon m if I’m wrong.) My ds also in P6, yes i think everyone is stress up just that we all have to learn to cope especially our children whom are still young and growing. I can imagine how upset you were when yr ds’s form teacher feedback to you. Yes, out of anger we will caned our child especially when being questioned do you cane your child. Everytimes, I remind myself not to speak or cane my ds when I’m anger or upset. But I shown signal to my ds to warn him. I will talk to him and also explain to him, of course sometimes still need to sooth him a bit (*like a carrot to praise or reward) As they are maturing, they have a mind of their own. Still at time I respect his thinking but on the other hand I tell him my feelin and thoughts. Maybe you can feedback to his teachers and workin out things the teachrs ad yr son. Time is what we are fighting with this year, therefore you need to work on yr ds’ emotion fast. Try to encourage and motivate, sometimes we also need to not just listen to the teachers and take their words too hard. I’m just sharing and we can all share and learn. Good luck to you

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 14
                        • 15
                        • 16
                        • 17
                        • 18
                        • 37
                        • 38
                        • 16 / 38
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        0

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy