Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Is PSLE so important?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Secondary Schools - Selection
    379 Posts 143 Posters 212.5k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • J Offline
      jjxy mum
      last edited by

      janet_lee88:
      HI ks2011,

      I will remember what you have said...and to support him regardless of his results.
      Thanks.
      I was feeling disquiet after my DS just finished his papers 2wks ago. Keep thinking and calculating what could be his Tscore.

      I like your statement \"to support him regardless of his results. \" .

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • janet88J Offline
        janet88
        last edited by

        jjxy mum:
        janet_lee88:

        HI ks2011,

        I will remember what you have said...and to support him regardless of his results.
        Thanks.

        I was feeling disquiet after my DS just finished his papers 2wks ago. Keep thinking and calculating what could be his Tscore.

        I like your statement \"to support him regardless of his results. \" .

        P6 is like the grand finale...I have witnessed his effort this year. Depriving him of any enjoyment till results are released is not fair.
        Hubby bought him Xperia play (mobile phone cum console) earlier and we agreed to let him use.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • janet88J Offline
          janet88
          last edited by

          Speaking of enjoyment, I thinking parents should also take a break and 'recover' from the craziness earlier.


          🕺

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • J Offline
            jjxy mum
            last edited by

            janet_lee88:
            jjxy mum:

            [quote=\"janet_lee88\"]HI ks2011,

            I will remember what you have said...and to support him regardless of his results.
            Thanks.

            I was feeling disquiet after my DS just finished his papers 2wks ago. Keep thinking and calculating what could be his Tscore.

            I like your statement \"to support him regardless of his results. \" .

            P6 is like the grand finale...I have witnessed his effort this year. Depriving him of any enjoyment till results are released is not fair.
            Hubby bought him Xperia play (mobile phone cum console) earlier and we agreed to let him use.[/quote]

            True, I strongly agrees.

            T score is a scoring system to gauge a child ability after 6 yrs of study.

            We saw him putting extra efforts, he has not touched his fav driving games for weeks. Other than taking meal, most of his time was studying and doing worksheets. DH saw us working so hard, and he has arranged a short trip to KL last weekend even though my DD still have 2 SA2 papers coming next week.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • janet88J Offline
              janet88
              last edited by

              Daughter has Chinese and Math next week before she is done with P2.

              Don't know how she will do for her SA2, but it doesn't bother me.
              Hubby took leave today and we went to Universal Studios with son...daughter went shopping with my parents after school...she had English Paper 2/Listening Compre today.

              Looks like we are pretty cool with SA2 :rotflmao:
              Ultimately it's PSLE that matters in primary school.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • M Offline
                mommylow
                last edited by

                janet_lee88:
                Daughter has Chinese and Math next week before she is done with P2.

                Don't know how she will do for her SA2, but it doesn't bother me.
                Hubby took leave today and we went to Universal Studios with son...daughter went shopping with my parents after school...she had English Paper 2/Listening Compre today.

                Looks like we are pretty cool with SA2 :rotflmao:
                Ultimately it's PSLE that matters in primary school.
                Janet, I did simple arithmetic for you. When your P2 daughter does PSLE 4 years later, your DS will be doing 'O' levels. :yikes:

                Okay.....not trying to make you sweat. Relax hor! 😉

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • janet88J Offline
                  janet88
                  last edited by

                  Hi mummylow,

                  That's perfectly ok 😉 I am aware that one will be sitting for PSLE and the other for his O levels...but that's 4 years later. In the meantime, I hope to get myself mentally ready for any academic stuff by Dec.

                  Somehow, i seem to see things in a different light after this PSLE.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • M Offline
                    mommylow
                    last edited by

                    janet_lee88:
                    Hi mummylow,

                    That's perfectly ok 😉 I am aware that one will be sitting for PSLE and the other for his O levels...but that's 4 years later. In the meantime, I hope to get myself mentally ready for any academic stuff by Dec.

                    Somehow, i seem to see things in a different light after this PSLE.
                    Good girl. I agree that after the dreaded PSLE, all of us emerge wiser and more in control.

                    经一事,长一智。 🆒

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • janet88J Offline
                      janet88
                      last edited by

                      I used to go nuts before CA and SA all these years…son is not a high flyer, but if he can maintain average in his class, that is good enough.

                      Prelim exams were a total nightmare…it was demoralizing bcos he had been working hard, so either it wasn’t hard enough or he didn’t understand what the questions were asking for.

                      After this PSLE, the lesson I have learnt is that, (in reference to younger child), school exams may be important, but even more important is the child’s knowledge of concepts, not the marks. This was what a good friend told me. At P2, she still has long way to go…that is so true.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • NebbermindN Offline
                        Nebbermind
                        last edited by

                        janet_lee88:
                        I used to go nuts before CA and SA all these years...son is not a high flyer, but if he can maintain average in his class, that is good enough.

                        Prelim exams were a total nightmare...it was demoralizing bcos he had been working hard, so either it wasn't hard enough or he didn't understand what the questions were asking for.

                        After this PSLE, the lesson I have learnt is that, (in reference to younger child), school exams may be important, but even more important is the child's knowledge of concepts, not the marks. This was what a good friend told me. At P2, she still has long way to go...that is so true.
                        Glad u finally received this enlightenment!
                        Your girl would be much better since she has affiliation advantage. Not that she can let her guard down but rather, she can learn with less pressure which sometimes works better for some kids.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 28
                        • 29
                        • 30
                        • 31
                        • 32
                        • 37
                        • 38
                        • 30 / 38
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        1

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy