DSA 2012
-
Zekezachzoom:
Ah.. I have a pretty good idea of which school is shifting temporarily to a place near the top secondary school.
You are goodemoh:
DS and DH,
I guess its the top secondary school and the one that is going to shift near to the top secondary school temporarily ?
Thanks for sharing.
-
Spider2012:
Thanks, Spider2012. Whatever it is, we are thankful for all that came our way.Hi Yarna,
Anyway your DS got 3 offers already. Well done! Congrats !
We did not sign on VS offer. Hope you will get some good news from VS soon. Please do share with us the outcome. My friend's son with an average of 85% got a CO from VS. Hope that it can give you some perspective, DS may not be too far down the list. Are you attending the VS briefing on Thursday? Perhaps it would be a good time to clarify with them. All the best. -
Ontheballmother:
Hi Ontheballmother ,
My view is MOE should seriously review the whole process. Set a timeline that all school must release the result on tmr same day, a week to consider and submission within the date. WL be notify with the next wk and this will release the unnecessary stress for all the parents. :celebrate: the current process is not balance.AMAS:
Hi,
I am newbie here.Need some advice here.
My kids is confirmed by VS and we has reply the acceptance on 24 Aug as the letter stated.Currently we still waiting for the reply from DHS and we called in they say the DSA result only out in Sept.I told them regarding the VS offer and they say there will be another submission for the prefer school in Oct.
May I know is it true cause my kids is keen to go to DHS but we also dun want to miss the opportuntity offer by VS.you know incase DHS reject.
Sorry this is the first time we go thru DSA program.
At the same time compare VS and DHS which will be a better choice as my kids are stronger in Endlish than MT
Thanks
Anyone can help to advise on this.
We are worry if DHS offer the place then we have accwpted VS then it caanot be changed.
Thanks

I agreed what you suggest.
As you can see we are lost now.What are the whole process of DSA.
Understand from the MOE web if I am not wrong ,confirmation of the school selection should be during the prefer letter given by indivdual current primary school.But now VS give a offer acceptance letter to reply by Aug 24 and what does it mean.Do we still able to change. :? :?
Anyone having the same situation and can help to advise -
AMAS:
Hi AMASHi,
I am newbie here.Need some advice here.
My kids is confirmed by VS and we has reply the acceptance on 24 Aug as the letter stated.Currently we still waiting for the reply from DHS and we called in they say the DSA result only out in Sept.I told them regarding the VS offer and they say there will be another submission for the prefer school in Oct.
May I know is it true cause my kids is keen to go to DHS but we also dun want to miss the opportuntity offer by VS.you know incase DHS reject.
Sorry this is the first time we go thru DSA program.
At the same time compare VS and DHS which will be a better choice as my kids are stronger in Endlish than MT
Thanks
Anyone can help to advise on this.
We are worry if DHS offer the place then we have accwpted VS then it caanot be changed.
Thanks

I can understand your predicament. Unfortunately, I do not have an answer to your questions. I am not sure if VS letter is binding because there is still MOE's choosing period in October. Perhaps you can call MOE for clarification. All the best. -
My view is MOE should seriously review the whole process. Set a timeline that all school must release the result on tmr same day, a week to consider and submission within the date. WL be notify with the next wk and this will release the unnecessary stress for all the parents. :celebrate: the current process is not balance.[/quote]
Absolutely agree ! :goodpost: -
yarna:
Thanks for your information. It seems my son is really very far down the list. His average SA1 result is 78.9. Worrying! VS didn't invite us to the briefing on 28/08, but told us they would inform us if there was a place given to my son. So I think my WL will be converted to rejected email next Tuesday.
Thanks, Spider2012. Whatever it is, we are thankful for all that came our way.Spider2012:
Hi Yarna,
Anyway your DS got 3 offers already. Well done! Congrats !
We did not sign on VS offer. Hope you will get some good news from VS soon. Please do share with us the outcome. My friend's son with an average of 85% got a CO from VS. Hope that it can give you some perspective, DS may not be too far down the list. Are you attending the VS briefing on Thursday? Perhaps it would be a good time to clarify with them. All the best. -
yarna:
Ah.. I have a pretty good idea of which school is shifting temporarily to a place near the top secondary school.
You are goodZekezachzoom:
[quote=\"emoh\"] DS and DH,
I guess its the top secondary school and the one that is going to shift near to the top secondary school temporarily ?
Thanks for sharing.
[/quote]I heard that SJI would to move to Bishan.
-
yarna:
Hi AMAS
Hi AMASAMAS:
Hi,
I am newbie here.Need some advice here.
My kids is confirmed by VS and we has reply the acceptance on 24 Aug as the letter stated.Currently we still waiting for the reply from DHS and we called in they say the DSA result only out in Sept.I told them regarding the VS offer and they say there will be another submission for the prefer school in Oct.
May I know is it true cause my kids is keen to go to DHS but we also dun want to miss the opportuntity offer by VS.you know incase DHS reject.
Sorry this is the first time we go thru DSA program.
At the same time compare VS and DHS which will be a better choice as my kids are stronger in Endlish than MT
Thanks
Anyone can help to advise on this.
We are worry if DHS offer the place then we have accwpted VS then it caanot be changed.
Thanks

I can understand your predicament. Unfortunately, I do not have an answer to your questions. I am not sure if VS letter is binding because there is still MOE's choosing period in October. Perhaps you can call MOE for clarification. All the best.
I emphatise with you. If I remember correctly (please double- check the subsequent emails), VS requires the return of the acceptance form by the stipulated date; otherwise, VS will treat as non-acceptance.
I agree with Yarna. Do call MOE to clarify. Not sure how binding is VS system since there's a preference form to complete in October. Someone in this thread also mentioned that perhaps VS is adopting an honor system. All the best. Hope everything works out well for you and DS. -
Aiyah...duplicate. Paiseh. :oops:
-
Sadly NYGH not working OT today. Maybe they have already finished sealing off all the letters with a kiss and dispatched by Mr Postman.
So sit tight and heart palpitates at the sight of the postman.
Arghhhhhh
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login