Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Club Breadmakers

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbies & Clubs
    5.5k Posts 151 Posters 1.7m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S Offline
      schweppes
      last edited by

      Happy Mama:

      Hi schweppes.. though this loaf is not so pretty as your other loaves, but at least it was still edible... πŸ˜„
      Ya lor... out of the 3 loaves I've baked so far, i think my cranberry and raisin bread is the best. :dancing: This cheese bread make me want to 😒

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • J Offline
        jtoh
        last edited by

        schweppes:
        Happy Mama:


        Hi schweppes.. though this loaf is not so pretty as your other loaves, but at least it was still edible... πŸ˜„

        Ya lor... out of the 3 loaves I've baked so far, i think my cranberry and raisin bread is the best. :dancing: This cheese bread make me want to 😒

        Cranberry and raisin. Yum! Where did you get the cranberry and raisin from?

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • S Offline
          schweppes
          last edited by

          jtoh:

          I think I would add more moisture to the mix. Either increase to 2/3 cup water or as you say try whipping cream. I actually wanted to add more water when I saw that the dough wasn't coming together into a ball. But it was already in the 'Rise' stage and I didn't think it wise to open the lid then.
          ok... cannot give up. Die die must try :imconstipated:

          Hopefully may turn out to be a success πŸ™ some day? :idea:

          πŸ˜‰

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • J Offline
            jtoh
            last edited by

            schweppes:
            jtoh:


            I think I would add more moisture to the mix. Either increase to 2/3 cup water or as you say try whipping cream. I actually wanted to add more water when I saw that the dough wasn't coming together into a ball. But it was already in the 'Rise' stage and I didn't think it wise to open the lid then.

            ok... cannot give up. Die die must try :imconstipated:

            Hopefully may turn out to be a success πŸ™ some day? :idea:

            πŸ˜‰

            But first, I may just try your cranberry raisin loaf.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • J Offline
              jtoh
              last edited by

              schweppes - look at this picture of the zoji cheese bread. Looks nothing like ours but supposedly same recipe.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • T Offline
                tisha
                last edited by

                schweppes:
                tisha:



                :hi5:
                Same here, all these posts are so tempting....

                I used to be busy with the PSLE thread... but now I seem to spend more time in the foodie thread. Blame it on schweppes with the 'joys of bread baking' article on the home page. Bad influence! I whole heartedly agree.

                (to quote tankee....)

                :whut: :itwasntme: I am :imanangel:

                Of course you r an :imanangel:
                You mummies are awesome, the whole lot of you - 25hrmaid, ksi, happy mama, jtoh, twinkle... :love: Your families are lucky to eat homemade bread.
                I'm so tempted to buy too, but concern is it will be a cute white elephant. I have previously bought a juicer and sandwich maker and was all enthu in the beginning but now they are gathering dust 😞
                Also I notice most of you r baking during the day, what I want is to put in at night and have fresh bread in the morning. Anyone tried that? Does the crust become hard in the morning?

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • S Offline
                  schweppes
                  last edited by

                  jtoh:
                  schweppes - look at this picture of the zoji cheese bread. Looks nothing like ours but supposedly same recipe.

                  Uh... no pic attached :?

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • J Offline
                    jtoh
                    last edited by

                    schweppes:
                    jtoh:

                    schweppes - look at this picture of the zoji cheese bread. Looks nothing like ours but supposedly same recipe.


                    Uh... no pic attached :?

                    sorry. http://www.zojirushi.com/user/scripts/user/recipe.php?recipe_id=60

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • S Offline
                      schweppes
                      last edited by

                      jtoh:

                      Cranberry and raisin. Yum! Where did you get the cranberry and raisin from?
                      I got the cranberry and raisins mix (cranberry and raisins that are already premixed) from Pat's Oven @ Parkway Parade. Not sure where are their other outlets but I'm sure u can these premix dried fruits from many of these nuts and dried fruits outlets at shopping malls. The mixed raisins include the dark and green raisins. So the end result is that the bread is very colourfully spotted πŸ˜‰ Got red, purplish and green.

                      Also, it makes the bread naturally sweet and tasty, and has a fruity taste. Quite like this combination πŸ˜‰

                      As for the recipe, follow the Raisin Bread recipe. The only change I made was to increase the cranberry & raisin mix to 1/2cup

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • J Offline
                        jtoh
                        last edited by

                        schweppes:
                        jtoh:


                        Cranberry and raisin. Yum! Where did you get the cranberry and raisin from?

                        I got the cranberry and raisins mix (cranberry and raisins that are already premixed) from Pat's Oven @ Parkway Parade. Not sure where are their other outlets but I'm sure u can these premix dried fruits from many of these nuts and dried fruits outlets at shopping malls. The mixed raisins include the dark and green raisins. So the end result is that the bread is very colourfully spotted πŸ˜‰ Got red, purplish and green.

                        Also, it makes the bread naturally sweet and tasty, and has a fruity taste. Quite like this combination πŸ˜‰

                        As for the recipe, follow the Raisin Bread recipe. The only change I made was to increase the cranberry & raisin mix to 1/2cup

                        Thanks!

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 164
                        • 165
                        • 166
                        • 167
                        • 168
                        • 545
                        • 546
                        • 166 / 546
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        BubbledewB
                        Bubbledew
                        JK99J
                        JK99
                        thebottomsupblogT
                        thebottomsupblog
                        jackieyeoJ
                        jackieyeo

                        Statistics

                        8

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy