Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Club Breadmakers

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbies & Clubs
    5.5k Posts 151 Posters 1.7m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • H Offline
      Happy Mama
      last edited by

      LKVM:
      Do you directly add yeast or mix with anything before adding?

      LKVM, the machine comes with a recipe book. So all you need to do is follow and dump in the ingredients in the sequence and press START. In 3.5hours time, you will get warm fresh home-made loaf.

      Easy peasy!! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • A Offline
        autumnbronze
        last edited by

        LKVM:


        Not bad autumn seeing this is your virgin loaf and somemore its wheat flour which anyways doesnt rice very high :celebrate:
        Thank you friend ... :hugs:

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • A Offline
          autumnbronze
          last edited by

          25hourmaid:
          LKVM:

          I think I should get my knife 1st before the machine then :idea:


          LKVM:
          Yeah lor wat if the knife's are gone πŸ˜›
          Have you thought of the other way round? What if you got your knife, but the Z's gone? Then how? πŸ˜›

          Don't forget there are lurkers in this thread, for all you know, the Zs might be flying off the shelves before you know it! πŸ˜‰

          25hourmaid,

          Naughty lah you :evil: πŸ˜‰ :lol:

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • H Offline
            Happy Mama
            last edited by

            b2b3m4:
            Autumnbronze,

            to further your rise in your wholewheat bread, you may want to consider adding in crushed vitamin c tablets. I added 100mg tablets the last time i made them, and the rise is much better.
            Do check out this website if your want your know more about ingredients aiding in the rise in your bread.


            Huh? b2b3m4, this is very interesting. Will Vit C give a sourish taste? All the Vit C nutrients would have been gone once exposed to heat.. Any scientific reason behind this? :?

            Thank you.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • A Offline
              autumnbronze
              last edited by

              schweppes:


              I decided to do a \"stock check\" on kai knife to report to bread buddies here. kekeke... :boogie:
              πŸ™ πŸ™ that there will be stock on Thurs. When I send DS for class, will drop by there πŸ™ πŸ™

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • A Offline
                autumnbronze
                last edited by

                schweppes:

                For me, it came down to space constraints. The Z is more space saving. I think when deciding which one to buy, must also consider kitchen top space. I decided to leave the breadmachine out in the open to remind me to bake more often. If keep in the cupboards, will be a case of \"out of sight and out of mind\". Really depends on each individual's needs.
                I also think that the z promoter was well-versed in product knowledge and did a good job in answering my questions sincerely. She wasn't trying to hard sell the product (sales prob also too good already lah). On the contrary, the s promoter was not very forthcoming. I had to prod her b4 she took the trouble to let me have a look at the manual.

                I had actually left my home intending to purchase the s because I really believe its a good buy and value for money, but in the end got the z instead :lol: :lol:

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • A Offline
                  autumnbronze
                  last edited by

                  LKVM:
                  Btw is there any kind kakis online right now to give the brand name of the bread flour, yeast, butter for the loaf in single post so that I can start buying πŸ˜‰

                  1. prima bread flour (thats what a few a are using)

                  2. I am using Schweppes recommendation for yeast (the french brand, you cannot miss it when you go to the baking aisle)

                  3. for butter I use lurpak, but I think any shd do)

                  Hope this helps. Wait for others' input, then you decide πŸ˜„

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • T Offline
                    Twins
                    last edited by

                    twinklejoy:
                    Yes I used 325ml of milk instd.. πŸ˜‰

                    Thanks a lot TwinkleJoy!

                    Will get going on it again soon πŸ™

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • H Offline
                      Happy Mama
                      last edited by

                      LKVM:
                      Happy Mama:

                      [quote=\"LKVM\"]Do you directly add yeast or mix with anything before adding?


                      LKVM, the machine comes with a recipe book. So all you need to do is follow and dump in the ingredients in the sequence and press START. In 3.5hours time, you will get warm fresh home-made loaf.

                      Easy peasy!! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

                      I am asking this cause some one dont remember who said some kinda yeast whether it was instant or dry one need to mix with water.. hence my question.. must do it properly lah 1st time so to impress DH :P[/quote]Oh I see. I bought the yeast from PH, those small sachets in a box. I thought it's fresher this way as I have no confidence of buying the entire packet and transfering them into containers (afraid it will lose potency along the way)... and this time, I keep them in the fridge. πŸ˜‰

                      As for the yeast, you put them last. But you need to \"dig\" a hole and place the yeast there. They said salt cannot come in contact with yeast, so I spread my salt around the 4 corners... πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ Oh yes, very important, yeast cannot touch water! πŸ˜‰

                      All the best to you, LKVM! :celebrate: :celebrate:

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • H Offline
                        Happy Mama
                        last edited by

                        Cranberry loaf will be ready in 1 hour’s time. Smells good. I cannot wait for it to be ready. Yumm yumm! This time I can slice it professionally with my new knife (provided I’ve got the skills). The lady at Taka told me slicing bread needs θ½»ε·₯.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 214
                        • 215
                        • 216
                        • 217
                        • 218
                        • 545
                        • 546
                        • 216 / 546
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        biggulpB
                        biggulp
                        SansurS
                        Sansur

                        Statistics

                        6

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy