Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Club Breadmakers

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbies & Clubs
    5.5k Posts 151 Posters 1.7m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • J Offline
      jtoh
      last edited by

      Bluesky!! No wonder no one could guess. I didn't think anyone would have the lobang to secure a discontinued brand. πŸ˜„

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • T Offline
        tisha
        last edited by

        autumnbronze:
        Okie, this is my 3rd wholemeal loaf.


        My DH finally got the chance to try it out.

        His verdict: tasty, esp the crust. I trust his judgement cuz he's my harshest critic. Although I admit that I personally am still not satisfied with it.

        I made some adjustments:

        1. I mixed 2 cups wholemeal flour with 1/4 cup bread flour

        2. I used warm water, not room temperature water

        3. I used 250g of crushed Vit C tablet

        4. I added a pinch of extra yeast on top of the specified amt

        Now, although the bread still did not rise as much (but def slightly higher than the first one), there were no craters. It is denser but from what I have read on the net, it is supposed to be.

        I did not divide the flour half half as suggested by b2b3m4 yet (though I did use the vit C), because I wanted to see how far I could push by using as much wholemeal flour as possible. The taste is really nutty and delicious. I love it. But I think that the texture may soften if I add more bread flour or use gluten flour instead as per mentioned.

        My next attempt, I will portion half and half and see how it goes. I must also look into the amount of the yeast.

        Here are the pix:

        http://postimage.org/image/9jf6l6qs/


        http://postimage.org/image/9jvpynok/
        autumnbronze,
        :congrats: on successfully baking a wholemeal bread.
        Looks yummy, not to forget healthy. πŸ˜„
        No harm in trying 50% wholemeal 50% bread flour. Nutrition wise still should be OK, even Gardenia's Fine Grain Wholemeal Bread is just 50% wholemeal.
        P.S: 250g of crushed Vit C tablet :!: Isn't that rather too much?

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • A Offline
          autumnbronze
          last edited by

          BigDevil:
          LKVM:

          wow we have another potential candidate for baking bread :rahrah: :rahrah:


          Go go bigD we will all support you.. infact yesterday's loaf was almost the whole effort from my DH :love: its that simple πŸ˜‰

          Hold your horses!! :lol:

          I'm still in the contemplating stage...and buying a China brand is not like waltzing into Tangs, pick one up and pay for it. Need to see anyone going to China (or someone coming over) and willing to help carry one over. πŸ˜‰

          BigD,

          This msg is for wifey ...πŸ˜‰

          Just buy the S brand lah ... its cheaper. China one the qlty may not turn out good, then you will lose your interest even faster.

          My DH and DS like the fresh bread very much. And its really hassle-free.

          Think of all the various sorts of fresh bread you and your family can devour :drool: :drool: I'm sure you've seen all the shi fus' pix here πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • A Offline
            autumnbronze
            last edited by

            tisha:

            autumnbronze,
            :congrats: on successfully baking a wholemeal bread.
            Looks yummy, not to forget healthy. πŸ˜„
            No harm in trying 50% wholemeal 50% bread flour. Nutrition wise still should be OK, even Gardenia's Fine Grain Wholemeal Bread is just 50% wholemeal.
            P.S: 250g of crushed Vit C tablet :!: Isn't that rather too much?
            Thanks tisha :hugs:

            We are having it for tea now.

            My cheeky 3+ yr old DS had the cheek to comment that its even better than the 2nd loaf that I had baked :roll:

            :lol: :lol:

            Yeah, I'll have to make some adjustments :celebrate: As for the vit C, it was a suggestion of a fellow forummer and a website πŸ˜„

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • B Offline
              BigDevil
              last edited by

              autumnbronze:
              :laugh:


              πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

              But kudos to you for bravely venturing into this pre-dominantly ladies domain and trying your luck at participating, Mr Mata :salute:
              I only passing by...peterch is the regular in here.
              And me in here today is because I heard the 100KPs calling my name. πŸ˜‰

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • corneyAmberC Offline
                corneyAmber
                last edited by

                LKVM:
                Actually I thought ksi would have guessed it cause she used to bake for i think 3-4 years in this same machine before it became kaput... cannot say much for maid cause like she said she generally used to bake in the oven so maybe cannot recognize the bread....

                Hey it actually crossed my mind but since I already exhausted all sources trying to obtain one until I gave up, so never in my wildest dream I would think of anything keeping one in her storeroom unused and resell to you leh.......

                This one like happen in drama only....so I held back my choice of bluesy lor... In hindsight I should pour everything in my mind since no penalty for wrong guess!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

                Anyway :congrats: cos I cannot even get my hands on one!!!! 😒 😞

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • B Offline
                  BigDevil
                  last edited by

                  autumnbronze:
                  BigD,


                  This msg is for wifey ...πŸ˜‰

                  Just buy the S brand lah ... its cheaper. China one the qlty may not turn out good, then you will lose your interest even faster.

                  My DH and DS like the fresh bread very much. And its really hassle-free.

                  Think of all the various sorts of fresh bread you and your family can devour :drool: :drool: I'm sure you've seen all the shi fus' pix here πŸ˜„ πŸ˜„
                  I saw the S brand at Best Denki. Yes it's friendlier to the wallet, but it's also much bigger! We live in humble HDB, so can only afford to get a skinny white elephant, not a big fat one. :lol:

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • corneyAmberC Offline
                    corneyAmber
                    last edited by

                    jtoh:
                    Bluesky!! No wonder no one could guess. I didn't think anyone would have the lobang to secure a discontinued brand. πŸ˜„

                    This woman machiam strike toto like that... Discontinued brand also can get to her!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • corneyAmberC Offline
                      corneyAmber
                      last edited by

                      BigDevil:
                      LKVM:

                      U were kinda my hope when u appeared cause I have seen u choosing/saying which can be out of the world but too bad u didnt 😞


                      I googled \"Bluesky\" after reading this thread, and found an old classified ad from a lady selling her used Bluesky.
                      I emailed her last week to check whether it is still available, and she replied that she sold it recently. So the thought of perhaps YOU were the buyer crossed my mind for a moment, but decided it couldn't be. 😒 :moneyflies:

                      OMG.... U so serious about bread maker too??? :!:

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • B Offline
                        BigDevil
                        last edited by

                        ksi:
                        BigDevil:

                        [quote=\"LKVM\"]U were kinda my hope when u appeared cause I have seen u choosing/saying which can be out of the world but too bad u didnt 😞


                        I googled \"Bluesky\" after reading this thread, and found an old classified ad from a lady selling her used Bluesky.
                        I emailed her last week to check whether it is still available, and she replied that she sold it recently. So the thought of perhaps YOU were the buyer crossed my mind for a moment, but decided it couldn't be. 😒 :moneyflies:

                        OMG.... U so serious about bread maker too??? :!:[/quote]Actually...I'm asking on your behalf since you seemed to miss your Bluesky so much. :oops:

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 241
                        • 242
                        • 243
                        • 244
                        • 245
                        • 545
                        • 546
                        • 243 / 546
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        6

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy