Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Club Breadmakers

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbies & Clubs
    5.5k Posts 151 Posters 1.7m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • corneyAmberC Offline
      corneyAmber
      last edited by

      BigDevil:
      LKVM:

      Just couple of days back I think there was another lady trying to sell her bluesky machine on KSP for 25 dollars.. u wanna contact her?


      I saw it...but with so many of these machines going kaput (latest is Twins'), I'm not so sure about getting one that had been in storage....

      That was the real reason for my 'warning' after her post that day. πŸ˜‰

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • T Offline
        Twins
        last edited by

        LKVM:
        Twins:

        Ok, so here's the output of my slightly dramatic attempt last night!!



        http://postimage.org/image/1bk37xz0k/
        http://postimage.org/image/1bkn2e4xw/

        Looks so nice how did you manage to cut so thinly? :?

        Carefully and slowly with my very old Ikea knife, at 145am this morning!!
        😎

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • corneyAmberC Offline
          corneyAmber
          last edited by

          LKVM, sorry to hear that your first attempt of choc chip bread did not turn out well. I have not tried a choo chip bread before so therefore I have no advice for you as to what went wrong, but I personally find that the recipes given in Bluesly's little booklet not good enough.


          You may want to try some of the recipes using Z's manual instead? :? The B pan is big enough to accommodate the recipes from Z's machine though I won't say if the reverse is true for the Z machine.

          Here's the online manual that autumnbronze has so kindly posted for me ...


          http://www.zojirushi.com/servicesupport/manuals/manual_pdf/bb_hac10.pdf

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • corneyAmberC Offline
            corneyAmber
            last edited by

            LKVM:
            25hourmaid:

            http://www.zojirushi.com/servicesupport/manuals/manual_pdf/bb_hac10.pdf


            Wow they have so many recipes :shock: will try that πŸ˜‰

            Yes, quite a number as compared to B's, right? :celebrate:

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • corneyAmberC Offline
              corneyAmber
              last edited by

              Here's my banana bread:


              http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww246/ks2me/bananabread1.jpg\">

              http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww246/ks2me/bananabread2.jpg\">

              Verdict:
              1. Smells like banana bread
              2. Tastes like banana bread, sweet because banana was sweet.
              3. Looks like regular bread but texture even softer as this is baked with \"Soft\" option
              4. Cut 8 slices in total

              This was made with total absolute original recipe specs. What I would like to do next time is to double or triple the banana amount so that can get some banana look on the bread or is the look due to super over-ripe bananas? I only hope that it is not too wet until the yeast fail to work with this increase.

              Banana I used was \"Dole\" ....very sweet when it is a little over-ripe.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • B Offline
                BigDevil
                last edited by

                25hourmaid:
                BigDevil:

                [quote=\"LKVM\"]Just couple of days back I think there was another lady trying to sell her bluesky machine on KSP for 25 dollars.. u wanna contact her?


                I saw it...but with so many of these machines going kaput (latest is Twins'), I'm not so sure about getting one that had been in storage....

                That was the real reason for my 'warning' after her post that day. πŸ˜‰[/quote]I saw that too. πŸ˜‰

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • corneyAmberC Offline
                  corneyAmber
                  last edited by

                  LKVM:
                  Yes there is nothing about buns, cake in our B machine 😞

                  Yes, agree on that. For buns, you have to do your own research.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • corneyAmberC Offline
                    corneyAmber
                    last edited by

                    LKVM:
                    The shape of the bread looks quite nice... and obviously look yummy..


                    ksi I was just going thru the manual of z machine.. wats the difference between regular and firm bread>? is the texture little hard?
                    I can only tell you difference between regular and soft as I have not tried firm yet.

                    If I think regular is soft, soft is indeed even softer, that is the difference between the regular and soft. Will tell you about firm next time once I tried it.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • H Offline
                      Happy Mama
                      last edited by

                      Sorry to hear about your choc chip bread, LKVM.


                      Did you place your choc chips in the fridge? Mine was in the fridge so when I put choc chips in at the beep tone, chop chics were still hard hence it retained it's shape even after baking.

                      Oh yes, you bought large flat choc chips? I used Van Houten's mini choc chips. As I am not familiar how to source the past thread pages, I have attached a picture of the bread.. I think it would look nicer if I had used the knife then (so that can see the choc chips nicely)...

                      http://postimage.org/image/2pj5pnijo/

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • H Offline
                        Happy Mama
                        last edited by

                        ksi:
                        Here's my banana bread:


                        http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww246/ks2me/bananabread1.jpg\">

                        http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww246/ks2me/bananabread2.jpg\">

                        Verdict:
                        1. Smells like banana bread
                        2. Tastes like banana bread, sweet because banana was sweet.
                        3. Looks like regular bread but texture even softer as this is baked with \"Soft\" option
                        4. Cut 8 slices in total

                        This was made with total absolute original recipe specs. What I would like to do next time is to double or triple the banana amount so that can get some banana look on the bread or is the look due to super over-ripe bananas? I only hope that it is not too wet until the yeast fail to work with this increase.

                        Banana I used was \"Dole\" ....very sweet when it is a little over-ripe.
                        KSI, your banana loaf sure looks yummy! :drool:

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 251
                        • 252
                        • 253
                        • 254
                        • 255
                        • 545
                        • 546
                        • 253 / 546
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        6

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy