Club Breadmakers
-
schweppes:
If not mistaken, I think Phoon Huat, Fairprice and Cold Storage sells the wholemeal flour. Shd be in the same section as the bread flour. CAn try the Prima brand.[/quote]Hi sssdarling,
Where can I get wholemeal flour? And wholegrain flour?sssdarlings:
[quote=\"autumnbronze\"]
Magic combi for my family k, but dunno if it will be magic for you but here goes ... I started out with 1 cup bread and 1 cup wholemeal flour and stuck to that for some time until I changed to 1 and a half cup bread and half cup wholemeal. The latter's combi end product is less denser
MMTIA
Schweppes is right. If you don't have a Phoon Huat near you, NTUC will suffice. Even Shop and Save. -
Trapwithin:
Have been doing some thinking about bread-making and thought I came up with a brilliant idea.
I am going to learn bread-making together with my dd. She suggested it, because bread-making is a new skill that both of you need to learn from scratch, she finds that we are \"on par\" ... not like playing chess or Otello where I have an \"advantage\", so we can succeed or failed together.
I thought it is really a brilliant for some father-daughter bonding time. Learning to enjoy the fruit of success together or learn to cope with failure, solve the problem and persevere till we succeed.
So I am looking forward to do that after my dd's SA2.
Awwwwww, that's really sweet :love:
Your DD is fortunate to have a daddy like you .... -
Happy Mama:
Wow schweppes! The bread certainly looks soft and fluffy. I can imagine the aroma wafting in the air now... :drool: :love:
Ya lor .... :drool: :drool:
Pass some over leh ......
-
Thanks Happy Mama, LKVM and Autumnbronze.
I enjoy such bonding time a lot. -
LKVM:
I guess you mean the thing on the baking tin could move but the round thing on the breadmaker machine could not. Normally you need a bit of force to turn the round thing on the breadmaker. Anyway one way to check it is to turn on the breadmaker and start the breadmaking process without the baking tin so you can see the round thing. That means the timer should show 3 hours or whatever time for the entire breadmaking process. When you switch start, the round thing on the breadmaker machine should start turning. If it doesn't turn, the problem is the breadmaker. Either the belt is broken or the motor is spoilt.
Thanks pojo for the tip however I tried to move with the hand and it could move... u know the round thing on the bread machine which fits the pan in is not moving round n round i think... i hope u understand wat I am talking about :oops:pojo:
Hi LKVM
Maybe the problem is the baking tin. Try turning by hand the bottom that locks with the breadmaker when you put the baking tin into the breadmachine. If its jammed, you cannot turn it by hand. Thus when its inside the breadmaker, there will not be churning. In fact, if you don't stop the machine to remove the baking tin, the belt in the breadmaker may break as the motor continues to turn. -
LKVW, think your machine motor is spoilt. My Severin was also the same, motor cannot move anymore. They said cannot be repaired so time to get a new bread machineโฆ
-
LKVM:
But I wonder then how come the coil can get hot?
The heater coil is separate from the motor. Thus if it still gets hot, it just means that the heater coil is ok but says nothing about the motor.
When you press the start button of the breadmaker, do you hear the sound of the motor running. May not be very loud but its a turning sound. If its totally quiet, you can confirm that its the motor that is spoilt. If there is a turning sound, it means that the motor is ok and probably the belt is broken. Replacing the belt should not be too expensive. -
@LKVM, hope u still hv the Zmachine warranty โฆ
-
autumnbronze:
No can do.... all in stomach orediHappy Mama:
Wow schweppes! The bread certainly looks soft and fluffy. I can imagine the aroma wafting in the air now... :drool: :love:
Ya lor .... :drool: :drool:
Pass some over leh ......
-
Trapwithin:
:thankyou: Trap, so sweet of you to think of this as a daddy and dd bonding activity. Something to look forward to. DH and DDs idea of bonding will be when they all break bread together over kopi and milo :roll:
Look so yummy. I am also attempting to be like you - use it 2-3 times a week ... when I learn and succeed how to make them :rotflmao:
Have yet to buy the mini Z ... but will probably do it after SA2.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better ๐
Register Login