Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Club Breadmakers

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbies & Clubs
    5.5k Posts 151 Posters 1.7m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • J Offline
      just888
      last edited by

      L-earner:
      @LKVM, tks! :love:

      @Flowermonaster, wow congrats! post pic ...

      I baked Hokkadio Milk Bread just now, following Florence's recipe (http://wlteef.blogspot.com/2007/06/hokkaido-milk-loaf.html), here'r the pics :

      http://i43.tinypic.com/35izqcw.jpg\"> http://i39.tinypic.com/1z2zhaq.jpg\"> http://i41.tinypic.com/25qz060.jpg\"> http://i40.tinypic.com/5mffqw.jpg\">

      Bread is soft n fluffy, smells good too! i made some minor modifications :
      (1) i used whole egg (abt 52g) instead of 40g of egg white.
      (2) i reduced the milk by 10g (original 100ml, so mine is 90ml)
      (3) reduced sugar to 30g.
      I bake this before in the beginning of the year, but I dump all things into the bread machine...just lazy me. My family love the Hokkido Milk Loaf too.
      http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_TnboTak-Q_o/Sbz0xC3E0sI/AAAAAAAABa4/kqWTwM5B3hY/s1600/Hokkaido+Milk+Loaf.JPG

      Few months ago i also tried Mexican Coffee bun aka Roti boy:
      http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-15WviEHImRs/TcYeRNBddEI/AAAAAAAACCE/OANLPsIR7qo/s400/roti.jpg

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • L Offline
        L-earner
        last edited by

        Just888, your hokkadio n coffee roti look delicious! :drool: :drool: :drool:

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • J Offline
          just888
          last edited by

          L-earner:
          Just888, your hokkadio n coffee roti look delicious! :drool: :drool: :drool:

          Thanks..but my Hokkaido not like your still mold into a such nice shape. πŸ™‚

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • L Offline
            L-earner
            last edited by

            just888:
            L-earner:

            Just888, your hokkadio n coffee roti look delicious! :drool: :drool: :drool:


            Thanks..but my Hokkaido not like your still mold into a such nice shape. πŸ™‚

            Heheh... I tried but still ugly, must practise some more. Anyway no choice bec I don't hv the Z :sad:

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • J Offline
              just888
              last edited by

              L-earner:
              just888:

              [quote=\"L-earner\"]Just888, your hokkadio n coffee roti look delicious! :drool: :drool: :drool:


              Thanks..but my Hokkaido not like your still mold into a such nice shape. πŸ™‚

              Heheh... I tried but still ugly, must practise some more. Anyway no choice bec I don't hv the Z :sad:[/quote]
              Mine also not a Z.. it is a Breville - old machine.
              I think Z is a good size for small family.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • H Offline
                hmsg
                last edited by

                angell:
                Hi,

                Potential breadmakers may like to know that the Z Machine is on sale at OG at $328! I wish I had bought it at the earlier sale though...it was only $200++ then...sigh...
                I like the Z machine's automated process but find that the 1 lb a bit on the small size... I will prefer 1.5 lbs.

                Any recommendation on other brands?

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • J Offline
                  just888
                  last edited by

                  hmsg:
                  angell:

                  Hi,

                  Potential breadmakers may like to know that the Z Machine is on sale at OG at $328! I wish I had bought it at the earlier sale though...it was only $200++ then...sigh...

                  I like the Z machine's automated process but find that the 1 lb a bit on the small size... I will prefer 1.5 lbs.

                  Any recommendation on other brands?

                  Mine a Breville, but i brought it like 11 years ago from Tangs, I do not think it is available here anymore. U can try to COURTS mega store to take a look, there got 3 models display when I was there the last time. My colleague got the Kenwood one so far so good after 3 years.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • H Offline
                    hmsg
                    last edited by

                    just888:
                    Mine a Breville, but i brought it like 11 years ago from Tangs, I do not think it is available here anymore. U can try to COURTS mega store to take a look, there got 3 models display when I was there the last time. My colleague got the Kenwood one so far so good after 3 years.

                    Thanks for the heads-up! Will do some research...

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • M Offline
                      michyms
                      last edited by

                      just888, I got a breville from Tangs about 1+ year ago, so guess its still available now. Wow, your breville lasted 11 years, I am so impressed! :salute:

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • J Offline
                        just888
                        last edited by

                        michyms:
                        just888, I got a breville from Tangs about 1+ year ago, so guess its still available now. Wow, your breville lasted 11 years, I am so impressed! :salute:

                        But under utilised at times...hehe.. should have recover my investment already thought. πŸ™‚

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 491
                        • 492
                        • 493
                        • 494
                        • 495
                        • 545
                        • 546
                        • 493 / 546
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        tigermother123T
                        tigermother123

                        Statistics

                        9

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy