Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Club Breadmakers

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbies & Clubs
    5.5k Posts 151 Posters 1.7m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • F Offline
      Flowermonaster
      last edited by

      dasalo:

      Tips on egg wash :

      When you do egg wash, add about 1-2 tbsp of water and a pinch of salt to the beaten egg and mix well. It'll make your bread less brown and the salt gives the dough a taut effect, so no wrinkles.
      Thanks for the great tip! :love:
      I read that need to put a bit of water but don't know why so never get to try it. Next time I bake sweet bun will use your method. 🕺

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • F Offline
        Flowermonaster
        last edited by

        dasalo:

        I've not make sausage bun for a long time now that my DCs are all grown up. Maybe its time to make again to see if my twinning skills has deteriorated? I was bad at it too. :oops:
        Dasalo, can share which brand of sausages you used?

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • D Offline
          dasalo
          last edited by

          Flowermonaster:
          dasalo:


          I've not make sausage bun for a long time now that my DCs are all grown up. Maybe its time to make again to see if my twinning skills has deteriorated? I was bad at it too. :oops:

          Dasalo, can share which brand of sausages you used?

          I find Rockingham chicken sausages the best amongst the cheap brand though they are abit salty to my liking. I've tried many other brands and forgotten how it tastes but just for breakfast and BBQs and easily available, I use Johnsonville smoke brat which is best for me so far and as usual, they are very very salty so I boiled them instead.

          Another tip for sausage bread. I just bake plain buns, slit open the centre and put in boiled sausage (any brand to your liking). Add french mustard (yellow kind) and chilli or tomato sauce then top with fried onions (bawang goreng). That's what we eat all the time. I ate the same at Copenhagen many many years ago.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • G Offline
            GLORYmum
            last edited by

            dasalo:
            GLORYmum:



            Thanks for tip on egg wash. Will the sausage be burnt when baked in the dough?

            No, it won't. Try not to expose too much of the sausage at both tips, that is where it gets burnt. Oven should only be moderately hot ie. 180 C or 190 C depending on your oven. Know your oven is the right way to it.

            I've not make sausage bun for a long time now that my DCs are all grown up. Maybe its time to make again to see if my twinning skills has deteriorated? I was bad at it too. :oops:





            Hi may I know how long will proofing take for about 3.5 cups of bread flour?

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • F Offline
              Flowermonaster
              last edited by

              GLORYmum:
              dasalo:

              [quote=\"GLORYmum\"]

              Thanks for tip on egg wash. Will the sausage be burnt when baked in the dough?

              No, it won't. Try not to expose too much of the sausage at both tips, that is where it gets burnt. Oven should only be moderately hot ie. 180 C or 190 C depending on your oven. Know your oven is the right way to it.

              I've not make sausage bun for a long time now that my DCs are all grown up. Maybe its time to make again to see if my twinning skills has deteriorated? I was bad at it too. :oops:

              Hi may I know how long will proofing take for about 3.5 cups of bread flour?[/quote]First proofing normally 60mins or when dough double in size. After shaping the dough proof another 60mins or when it double in size then can send to oven. Dont think proofing time is link to number of cups of flour.
              If recipe allows proofing in fridge then normally it will takes double the time or longer.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • F Offline
                Flowermonaster
                last edited by

                Wanted to make hotdog buns but raining… Sian.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • F Offline
                  Flowermonaster
                  last edited by

                  My white loaf bread.

                  http://i50.tinypic.com/2aij9mp.jpg\">
                  http://i49.tinypic.com/1trapt.jpg\">

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • FunzF Offline
                    Funz
                    last edited by

                    Flowermonaster:
                    Wanted to make hotdog buns but raining.... Sian.

                    😂 I thought rainy days are the best days to make or bake anything since going out is a hassle.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • J Offline
                      just888
                      last edited by

                      Flowermonaster:
                      Wanted to make hotdog buns but raining.... Sian.

                      Oops...I am praying for rain in fact.
                      You should start the dough process in the morning till afternoon it was pretty hot then...

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • G Offline
                        GLORYmum
                        last edited by

                        http://i47.tinypic.com/2a4r3go.jpg\">

                        180 deg 20 min but Alittle burnt.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 534
                        • 535
                        • 536
                        • 537
                        • 538
                        • 545
                        • 546
                        • 536 / 546
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        Roselynn76R
                        Roselynn76

                        Statistics

                        10

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy