Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Club Breadmakers

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbies & Clubs
    5.5k Posts 151 Posters 1.7m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • G Offline
      GLORYmum
      last edited by

      Flowermonaster:
      My white loaf bread.

      http://i50.tinypic.com/2aij9mp.jpg\">
      http://i49.tinypic.com/1trapt.jpg\">


      Wow like machine made. I hv a long way to go.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • FunzF Offline
        Funz
        last edited by

        GLORYmum:
        http://i47.tinypic.com/2a4r3go.jpg\">

        180 deg 20 min but Alittle burnt.
        For small buns like these, I usually bake them for 15mins at about 170 deg. For convection ovens I tend to set the temp about 10deg lower than what is stated in the recipe.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • G Offline
          GLORYmum
          last edited by

          Funz:
          GLORYmum:

          http://i47.tinypic.com/2a4r3go.jpg\">

          180 deg 20 min but Alittle burnt.

          For small buns like these, I usually bake them for 15mins at about 170 deg. For convection ovens I tend to set the temp about 10deg lower than what is stated in the recipe.




          Oh thank you should hv checked earlier. Taste was good tho. Will try again after tomorrow.
          Cheers.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • F Offline
            Flowermonaster
            last edited by

            GLORYmum:
            http://i47.tinypic.com/2a4r3go.jpg\">

            180 deg 20 min but Alittle burnt.
            Congrats! You successfully baked your mini buns! A bit burnt never mind, next time you know how long to bake then you adjust accordingly, different oven works slightly different. Mine normally takes 25-30mins.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • F Offline
              Flowermonaster
              last edited by

              Funz:
              Flowermonaster:

              Wanted to make hotdog buns but raining.... Sian.


              πŸ˜‚ I thought rainy days are the best days to make or bake anything since going out is a hassle.

              Don't like to make bread during rainy day as takes longer to proof. 😞

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • F Offline
                Flowermonaster
                last edited by

                GLORYmum:

                Oh thank you should hv checked earlier. Taste was good tho. Will try again after tomorrow.
                Cheers.
                So what you going to bake tomorrow? :love:
                You sure you got time to bake? :evil:

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • F Offline
                  Flowermonaster
                  last edited by

                  just888:
                  Flowermonaster:

                  Wanted to make hotdog buns but raining.... Sian.


                  Oops...I am praying for rain in fact.
                  You should start the dough process in the morning till afternoon it was pretty hot then...

                  Yeah but morning too lazy then when I decided to bake, it starts to rain.... :gloomy:
                  Never mind I rest today. πŸ˜‚

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • F Offline
                    Flowermonaster
                    last edited by

                    GLORYmum:


                    Wow like machine made. I hv a long way to go.
                    Thanks Glorymum! It's not difficult to make bread loaf like this. You got bread tin with cover or Pullman bread pan at home? To make bread like this shape needs one. My Pullman bread pan's size can fit 300g bread flour nicely.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • D Offline
                      dasalo
                      last edited by

                      Flowermonaster:
                      My white loaf bread.

                      http://i50.tinypic.com/2aij9mp.jpg\">
                      http://i49.tinypic.com/1trapt.jpg\">
                      Nice loaf! I refused to buy a new pullman tin eversince I threw away 2 that rusted. They are expensive isn't it? I was so tempted to buy 1 that day when I saw it at Phoon Huat but boy! It was $25! The 1 at TOTTs was worst, almost $80, I think. I wait for my \"kee Siao\" day when I feel like spending then I'll buy.

                      How did you know how much dough to fill the tin? The colour of the loaf is really pale and nice.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • D Offline
                        dasalo
                        last edited by

                        GLORYmum:
                        http://i47.tinypic.com/2a4r3go.jpg\">

                        180 deg 20 min but Alittle burnt.
                        Glorymum, my guess is your eggwash is too concentrated and your placing of your tray is too high to the top. Usually for little buns like these, you just need 10-12mins at 180 and at the middle of the oven. Nevertheless, good job you've done!

                        Next, you might want to improve on the texture of the bread. If you don't mind, cut up one of your bun and show us. Rounding/Shaping affects the texture too.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 535
                        • 536
                        • 537
                        • 538
                        • 539
                        • 545
                        • 546
                        • 537 / 546
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy