Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Club Breadmakers

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Newbies & Clubs
    5.5k Posts 151 Posters 1.7m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • corneyAmberC Offline
      corneyAmber
      last edited by

      autumnbronze:
      Yup, saw the kenwood one, but too bulky. Honestly z is really compact and space saving by far πŸ˜„

      Then I would say go for the Z one, especially since it has been proven that it makes good bread and most important of all, the size.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • corneyAmberC Offline
        corneyAmber
        last edited by

        autumnbronze:
        ksi, 25hourmaid,


        Wow, both of your baked bread look really yummilicious :drool: :drool:

        9 slices not to bad if I were to use the machine every alternate day.

        May just end up buying the z ..... πŸ˜„

        Still looking looking. Went to Best Denki and px was at $399.
        Yes 9 slices is not bad but my gal ate too many...haha..so we are done today for the bread.

        As I mentioned dept store fixed price at $399 is very high, it's appalling considering it can be bought at $295.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • corneyAmberC Offline
          corneyAmber
          last edited by

          autumnbronze:
          They didn't have. Only Kenwood and the z brand.


          Harvey Norman got warehse sale in Benoi Rd 2moro and sun. Don't know if they carry kitchen electrical items. If can, maybe will make a trip there.

          This habit I got from my DH after being with him for almost 20 yrs with him. Must look look, see see, ask ask, think think, then make a decision .... so for me, it might take some time b4 I purchase one lah πŸ˜„

          There are a few brands like princess, kenwood, severin, panasonic ...
          Actually with your KSP points, the simpler way is to convince Chief to put up a few Z breadmaker for auction since it is so hot now... ooops! πŸ˜‰

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • corneyAmberC Offline
            corneyAmber
            last edited by

            schweppes:
            :heresmyfish:


            er... actually both :boogie:
            wooooooooooooooo....see? thought I know you better... :lol: :lol: :lol:

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • corneyAmberC Offline
              corneyAmber
              last edited by

              autumnbronze:
              25hourmaid,


              Will the shape (horizontal or vertical) of the pan affect the jam/kaya making process ???

              Think you mentioned something abt this but can't remember the details ...
              No, the pan does not make any difference to jam/kaya, but just personal preference that I prefer the horizontal pan to the vertical one due to the way the blade cuts into the loaf and that was why I resorted to using the pullman loaf pan to solve the blade cut problem, an extra step, but I find my breads look nicer that way. Call me vain if you like lah! πŸ˜›

              Another thing is that you actually don't need to invest in a breadmachine if you want to make kaya. I know of people using the Slow Cooker before and for myself (pre breadmachine days), I have cooked kaya using the porridge function on my rice cooker before.

              In fact, used to do that before my breadmachine came along. Very easy, beat the eggs, (same with using the breadmachine) dump everything into the rice cooker, set to porridge function and then use the blender to blend it to a smooth texture after cooking, but your rice cooker must have a porridge function to begin with.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • H Offline
                Happy Mama
                last edited by

                ksi:
                As I mentioned dept store fixed price at $399 is very high, it's appalling considering it can be bought at $295.

                Yup luckily Tangs also got promo at $318 πŸ˜„

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • corneyAmberC Offline
                  corneyAmber
                  last edited by

                  Happy Mama:
                  Oh I see.... Sorry I must be very suaku not to know... Seldom shop for electrical appliances... πŸ˜› But guess with the new friends I've made here, I'll shop for it more often πŸ˜„

                  Haha, no worries, we share what we know! πŸ˜‰

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • corneyAmberC Offline
                    corneyAmber
                    last edited by

                    Happy Mama:


                    Yup luckily Tangs also got promo at $318 πŸ˜„
                    That's right...only Tangs is special, the rest never have sale cos I have been scouting around for a while and never seen any price change.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • corneyAmberC Offline
                      corneyAmber
                      last edited by

                      schweppes:
                      at the rate we are all getting excited and influencing each other, very soon, we'll be the kitchen gadget gals πŸ‘…

                      And to think that this is not even a cooking/baking forum! :lol:

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • corneyAmberC Offline
                        corneyAmber
                        last edited by

                        ksi:
                        I followed the Z sequence just in case I have accident. πŸ˜‰ The only thing I did not follow was I did not use butter, I used olive oil spread.

                        Okay, thanks. Might give that funny sequence a try on my Bluesky one day! πŸ˜›

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 54
                        • 55
                        • 56
                        • 57
                        • 58
                        • 545
                        • 546
                        • 56 / 546
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        1

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy