Choosing and Evaluating Primary Schools
-
wish i could offer more help and advice but have not been in your shoes before so cant help.
-
hot:
I would go with SV becos 2A guaranteed. As for NH, I wouldn't place too much store if I'm out of 2km. traditionally there was balloting within 1km - last year was lucky in that within 1KM didn't need to ballot.Ya, these are my concerns.
In your opinion, or if you are in my shoes, how would you decide?
You can always monitor the situation via tv text and then withdraw on the last day if you feel heng heng (ie at least must have chance to ballot).
Good luck. -
sian… its a tough decision to make.
-
hot:
sian.. its a tough decision to make.
how about this...go for SV...get yr kid to study hard and get into GEP...then transfer your kid to NH....so you have the best of both schools......
yours is no stress...not many people are as lucky as you....hahaha.... -
hot:
I will go for SV too, since there is a 99.9% chance of getting in under alumni. It's hard to tell whether balloting is required since the madness of P1 registration became unpredictable as of last year.I have a question to ask, which school would you choose? I have to register for my boy this year.
1) Nan Hua (NH) - PV phase 2B
2) South View (SV) - alumni phase 2A
I am clueless upon which school to go for.
I am resiting at Taman Jurong, means distance to both schools are quite the same. -
i will go for South View, my friend’s son graduated from the school and went on the HCI…
-
Hi php,
Your idea is quite ideal but but… the kid, his mummy cannot tahan the stress le… Also dun really wish to stress kid out too.
My sister’s son has just graduated from NH in 2010, so am thinking I can get info much easier thru my sister if my kid goes to NH.
Plus traffic from Taman Jurong to NH at Clementi, should be smoother compare to SV at CCK.
Another reason is I prefer single session
My sister mentioned the teachers in NH are very academically focused and pay full attention to good students, let go the normal one. Anyone heard of that?
Hi Herbie - What is HCI? -
HCI =Hwa Chong Institution
-
hot:
NH is a SAP school.Hi php,
Your idea is quite ideal but but.. the kid, his mummy cannot tahan the stress le.. Also dun really wish to stress kid out too.
My sister’s son has just graduated from NH in 2010, so am thinking I can get info much easier thru my sister if my kid goes to NH.
My sister mentioned the teachers in NH are very academically focused and pay full attention to good students, let go the normal one. Anyone heard of that?
SAP schools tend to be academically focused. As for teachers paying more attention to better students, I'm not sure about that. My son is in a SAP school but an average student. Even though SV is not a SAP school, but principal is also academically driven from what I understand. -
janet_lee88:
that is why SV is super hot in CCKNH is a SAP school.
SAP schools tend to be academically focused. As for teachers paying more attention to better students, I'm not sure about that. My son is in a SAP school but an average student. Even though SV is not a SAP school, but principal is also academically driven from what I understand.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login