Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Science Guide Books

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Academic Support
    2.4k Posts 179 Posters 924.5k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S Offline
      smartmummy
      last edited by

      MLJ:
      I find the assessment book questions do not adequately prepare the kids for exams. Questions seem a little too easy compared to their exam papers. Anyone here can

      recommend assessment books that have questions that are a little trickier?
      Hi MLJ!
      Which level u r refering?
      For P3, I found following has tricky qns.I don't have many other books.

      http://i54.tinypic.com/ej7z3n.jpg\">

      http://i52.tinypic.com/2up7hts.jpg\">

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • I Offline
        i3mum
        last edited by

        Are these science assessment books sold in Popular?


        I m curious on how to introduce science to Children. Can anyone advise? 🙂

        Champion:
        purple05:

        I bought the one by Just Education, notes are in point form, easy to understand...

        Hello purple05,
        Can share with us which Science Guide Book you using from Just Education? I upload a few here; maybe can share with us? Thanks 😄
        http://postimage.org/image/28cd81v9g/

        http://postimage.org/image/28cevl7r8/

        http://postimage.org/image/28ci6nwqs/

        http://postimage.org/image/1upyrf96s/

        http://postimage.org/image/1uq3q1ao4/

        http://postimage.org/image/1uqgyc2mc/

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • C Offline
          Champion
          last edited by

          Hi! I3mum! :snuggles:


          Perhaps you can go over to the Science Assessment Books thread - we have some discussions over there 😄

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • I Offline
            i3mum
            last edited by

            Hi Champion :hugs:


            Thanks I will go over there to have a look 🙂

            Champion:
            Hi! I3mum! :snuggles:

            Perhaps you can go over to the Science Assessment Books thread - we have some discussions over there 😄

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • janet88J Offline
              janet88
              last edited by

              Hi smart mummy,

              I agree with you. Those 2 titles you uploaded are good exposure to challenging questions. You can also get ‘Learning Science’ published by SAP. The other title is by Helen Lee, published by EPH.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • S Offline
                smartmummy
                last edited by

                janet_lee88:
                Hi smart mummy,

                I agree with you. Those 2 titles you uploaded are good exposure to challenging questions. You can also get 'Learning Science' published by SAP. The other title is by Helen Lee, published by EPH.
                thank you Janet!

                http://i51.tinypic.com/qy7d79.jpg\">
                i just flipped through,I think it is easy.My son can't do more.So I decided won't buy any more assessment books. http://i54.tinypic.com/1ypcsw.jpg\">
                Is that for upper block only and is this a guide book or assessment book?

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • janet88J Offline
                  janet88
                  last edited by

                  smartmummy:
                  janet_lee88:

                  Hi smart mummy,

                  I agree with you. Those 2 titles you uploaded are good exposure to challenging questions. You can also get 'Learning Science' published by SAP. The other title is by Helen Lee, published by EPH.

                  thank you Janet!

                  http://i51.tinypic.com/qy7d79.jpg\">
                  i just flipped through,I think it is easy.My son can't do more.So I decided won't buy any more assessment books.

                  I just told my son to do the topic on 'states of matter' in that book and results were disastrous. There are several questions on graphs related to topic. Will get him to revise that topic before SA2.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • S Offline
                    smartmummy
                    last edited by

                    Hi Janet!

                    I went popular with kids.So I couldn’t see properly.Let my son finish what I have then I will try.
                    How to keep in touch all topics in Sci?Now for SA2 they will be tested both books (Diversity and Cycles).Cycles haven’t yet start.I mean half of the book (They finished matter and states of matter) finished.They Life cycle of plants and animals haven’t yet finished.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • janet88J Offline
                      janet88
                      last edited by

                      smartmummy:
                      Hi Janet!

                      I went popular with kids.So I couldn't see properly.Let my son finish what I have then I will try.
                      Don't go to popular with the kids, especially if you need to spend time combing through assessment books. That title by Helen Lee is an assessment. I have the 4 titles you uploaded...but I didn't start on Science Process Skills yet. As for Conquer Science P3/4, son has finished everything and I use that for revision.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • S Offline
                        smartmummy
                        last edited by

                        janet_lee88:
                        smartmummy:

                        Hi Janet!

                        I went popular with kids.So I couldn't see properly.Let my son finish what I have then I will try.

                        Don't go to popular with the kids, especially if you need to spend time combing through assessment books. That title by Helen Lee is an assessment. I have the 4 titles you uploaded...but I didn't start on Science Process Skills yet. As for Conquer Science P3/4, son has finished everything and I use that for revision.

                        Thanks Janet for the useful info.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 106
                        • 107
                        • 108
                        • 109
                        • 110
                        • 235
                        • 236
                        • 108 / 236
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        4

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy