Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Science Guide Books

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Academic Support
    2.4k Posts 179 Posters 923.6k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • janet88J Offline
      janet88
      last edited by

      starlight1968sg:
      cwc:


      Confirm I dont have this Ultimate...
      Is it better than the orange eagle book that I have?

      I have BOTH 😉
      However, I personally prefer the PSLE Ultimate Science.

      http://postimage.org/image/2b1hev950/
      http://postimage.org/image/2b2cu2uis/

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • JoyJ Offline
        Joy
        last edited by

        Hi Janet,


        May I ask, how you make use of the ultimate guide?

        I have the copy but find it a bit wordy and dont know how to make use of it.Can you share?Thanks


        Best Regards,
        Joy


        janet_lee88:
        starlight1968sg:

        [quote=\"cwc\"]

        Confirm I dont have this Ultimate...
        Is it better than the orange eagle book that I have?

        I have BOTH 😉
        However, I personally prefer the PSLE Ultimate Science.

        http://postimage.org/image/2b1hev950/
        http://postimage.org/image/2b2cu2uis/[/quote]

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • janet88J Offline
          janet88
          last edited by

          Hi Joy,

          I download and print out past year exam papers. When I see certain questions like ‘germination of seeds’ for eg, I will then write the page number found in Ultimate Science beside the question for him to read.
          To expect my son to pick up and read it is HIGHLY impossible.
          He will tell me the chapter his teacher is doing in class, then I’ll ask him to refer to the diagram like ‘cells’ to learn how to label the parts.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • C Offline
            Champion
            last edited by

            janet_lee88:
            Hi Joy,

            I download and print out past year exam papers. When I see certain questions like 'germination of seeds' for eg, I will then write the page number found in Ultimate Science beside the question for him to read.
            To expect my son to pick up and read it is HIGHLY impossible.
            He will tell me the chapter his teacher is doing in class, then I'll ask him to refer to the diagram like 'cells' to learn how to label the parts.
            Hi Janet,
            Thanks for sharing again and I learn the trick! 😄

            For me, when I read those assessment books or past years OE Questions - I flip behind look for the answer and then go back to the Ultimate Guide to further enhance and confirm the answer. Sometimes those printed answers are rather \"short & sweet\" so I will also refer back to the Ultimate Guide to look for more \"clues\". :lol:

            Thanks for your recommendation previously that I am using & reading this book frequently. :celebrate:...DD1 will always give me the kind of look,\"Oh, Mummy doing Science Revision again!\" 😉

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • janet88J Offline
              janet88
              last edited by

              Champion:
              janet_lee88:

              Hi Joy,

              I download and print out past year exam papers. When I see certain questions like 'germination of seeds' for eg, I will then write the page number found in Ultimate Science beside the question for him to read.
              To expect my son to pick up and read it is HIGHLY impossible.
              He will tell me the chapter his teacher is doing in class, then I'll ask him to refer to the diagram like 'cells' to learn how to label the parts.

              For me, when I read those assessment books or past years OE Questions - I flip behind look for the answer and then go back to the Ultimate Guide to further enhance and confirm the answer. Sometimes those printed answers are rather \"short & sweet\" so I will also refer back to the Ultimate Guide to look for more \"clues\". :lol:

              Thanks for your recommendation previously that I am using & reading this book frequently. :celebrate:...DD1 will always give me the kind of look,\"Oh, Mummy doing Science Revision again!\" 😉

              My son always says I'm studying and I'm his walking Science book. Told him to refer to his guide books...and he tells me he has no time to do that.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • JoyJ Offline
                Joy
                last edited by

                Hi Janet and Champion,


                Thank you for sharing.

                May I know how you make use of the book for mcq?


                Most of the time, am like most children, read half way, back up because I find it quite dry.Thank you.


                Best Regards,
                Joy

                janet_lee88:
                Champion:

                [quote=\"janet_lee88\"]Hi Joy,
                I download and print out past year exam papers. When I see certain questions like 'germination of seeds' for eg, I will then write the page number found in Ultimate Science beside the question for him to read.
                To expect my son to pick up and read it is HIGHLY impossible.
                He will tell me the chapter his teacher is doing in class, then I'll ask him to refer to the diagram like 'cells' to learn how to label the parts.

                For me, when I read those assessment books or past years OE Questions - I flip behind look for the answer and then go back to the Ultimate Guide to further enhance and confirm the answer. Sometimes those printed answers are rather \"short & sweet\" so I will also refer back to the Ultimate Guide to look for more \"clues\". :lol:

                Thanks for your recommendation previously that I am using & reading this book frequently. :celebrate:...DD1 will always give me the kind of look,\"Oh, Mummy doing Science Revision again!\" 😉

                My son always says I'm studying and I'm his walking Science book. Told him to refer to his guide books...and he tells me he has no time to do that.[/quote]

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • janet88J Offline
                  janet88
                  last edited by

                  Hi Joy,

                  If I have to open that book to read, I’ll asleep even if the book is interesting. For MCQ, my son does the ‘elimination method’ so as to decide bet 2 best options. Ultimate Science does help in providing info but MCQ answers are not that in-depth.

                  Hi Champion,
                  I use Helen Lee’s Upper Block Science for MCQ questions…60 marks is a lot…if my boy can score close to 60 marks in Section A, I am quite relieved, but need to boost his OE to pull up the overall now.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • JoyJ Offline
                    Joy
                    last edited by

                    Hi Janet,


                    Thank you for sharing.


                    I think the best way is to refer to the book as and when the question is called for?More like a reference book?

                    Thanks .



                    Best Regards,
                    Joy





                    janet_lee88:
                    Hi Joy,
                    If I have to open that book to read, I'll asleep even if the book is interesting. For MCQ, my son does the 'elimination method' so as to decide bet 2 best options.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • P Offline
                      Pen88n
                      last edited by

                      janet_lee88:
                      starlight1968sg:

                      [quote=\"cwc\"]


                      Confirm I dont have this Ultimate...
                      Is it better than the orange eagle book that I have?

                      I have BOTH 😉
                      However, I personally prefer the PSLE Ultimate Science.

                      http://postimage.org/image/2b1hev950/
                      http://postimage.org/image/2b2cu2uis/[/quote]Janet,
                      Is there any difference between this PSLE Ultimate Science and the 2 Upper and Lower Block Ultimate Science? I have the Upper and Lower Block Ultimate Science and am wondering if I still need this PSLE Ultimate Science.... :?

                      All these assessment and guide books really give me headache. It may sounds incredible, but I have not bought a single assessment / guide book for my DS (in P6) this year (no, I did not buy in Dec last year as well). He has leftovers from last year's purchase (some for P5-P6, some P6) mostly untouched or less than half done. I think I bought too many previously.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • janet88J Offline
                        janet88
                        last edited by

                        I don’t think there should be much difference for lower block/upper block and PSLE edition…rather get PSLE edition since it’s 2-in-1. More practical if I need info on lower block.

                        Done with buying assessment books for son already…more than enough until he is done with P6. Now waiting for 20% to buy CL assessment books for P6.

                        Understand he will have to stay back everyday next year (P6), so better control spending since he won’t have much time when he returns at 330pm Mond-Fri.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 33
                        • 34
                        • 35
                        • 36
                        • 37
                        • 235
                        • 236
                        • 35 / 236
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy