Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Science Guide Books

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Academic Support
    2.4k Posts 179 Posters 924.8k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • C Offline
      Champion
      last edited by

      janet_lee88:

      Going to IMM after dinner...just can't resist checking out that title...we are a bunch of mummies who can't resist new titles in Popular.
      Janet,
      Enjoy a good dinner :drool: then slowly walk to the Popular at 2nd level :imcool: ......

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • janet88J Offline
        janet88
        last edited by

        Brenda10:
        Hi, saw this two PSLE Sciecne Assessment book (released 2011) in Popular:


        - Pass with PSLE A* Science

        - PSLE Thematic Challenging Science Revision Paper

        Title sound attrative but may have a problem to complete it as school is reopening soon.
        Hi Brenda,
        I saw that title \"Pass with PSLE A* Science'' some weeks back...but didn't have time to 'examine' it...hahahaha. The Science Process Skills bought few months back are still in mint condition...thought of photocopying some questions for my son...don't want him to write on the book.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • P Offline
          plum-cake
          last edited by

          janet_lee88:

          Going to IMM after dinner...just can't resist checking out that title...we are a bunch of mummies who can't resist new titles in Popular.
          Hi Janet I received a sms from popular \" Mambers' closed door sale at POP @ Central(Bras Basah Complex) 17 &18 june 11am-7pm 25% off storewide.. :evil:

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • P Offline
            Pen88n
            last edited by

            plum-cake:
            janet_lee88:


            Going to IMM after dinner...just can't resist checking out that title...we are a bunch of mummies who can't resist new titles in Popular.

            Hi Janet I received a sms from popular \" Mambers' closed door sale at POP @ Central(Bras Basah Complex) 17 &18 june 11am-7pm 25% off storewide.. :evil:

            I received that too, but have stopped buying. Suggest mummies who need to get books to go there for a look. But control your purchase. What counts is quality, not quantity. Believe it or not, I really feel it this P6 year - no point getting the kids to keep doing when they already know, for the school will be doing those drills too.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • P Offline
              plum-cake
              last edited by

              Pen88n:

              I received that too, but have stopped buying. Suggest mummies who need to get books to go there for a look. But control your purchase. What counts is quality, not quantity. Believe it or not, I really feel it this P6 year - no point getting the kids to keep doing when they already know, for the school will be doing those drills too.
              True, I agree. I stopped going to POPULAR. Cos I never returned empty handed from that shop.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • P Offline
                Pen88n
                last edited by

                plum-cake:
                Pen88n:


                I received that too, but have stopped buying. Suggest mummies who need to get books to go there for a look. But control your purchase. What counts is quality, not quantity. Believe it or not, I really feel it this P6 year - no point getting the kids to keep doing when they already know, for the school will be doing those drills too.

                True, I agree. I stopped going to POPULAR. Cos I never returned empty handed from that shop.

                Yep, no see no buy! There are 101 Maths / Science assessment books out there, and the questions in quite a number of them are just more or less the same save some tweaking here and there. Those questions will be repeated in the top school papers parents buy too. And repeated again when school teacher give / tuition centre provide. :slapshead:

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • H Offline
                  hashroop
                  last edited by

                  Hey mummies, another discovery from that guide book: it’s a myth clarification - those creepy crawlies you see near a dead animal or decaying plants are not called decomposers. They are called something else sorry I really cannot remember what but these creepy crawlies only help in breaking down decomposition. Confused? So was I!

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • B Offline
                    BeContented
                    last edited by

                    plum-cake:
                    Pen88n:


                    I received that too, but have stopped buying. Suggest mummies who need to get books to go there for a look. But control your purchase. What counts is quality, not quantity. Believe it or not, I really feel it this P6 year - no point getting the kids to keep doing when they already know, for the school will be doing those drills too.

                    True, I agree. I stopped going to POPULAR. Cos I never returned empty handed from that shop.


                    Hee hee, I used to buy & buy but have been cutting down a lot since this year as stock too many liao. Also, months later, realised that I have bought some under the same author (different book cover tho) and contents are quite similar ----- alamak, it's reprints/newer version. :slapshead:

                    Have also stopped going to those book fairs at Suntec/Expo cos' put off by the crowd and long queues. :yikes: My opinion is that as the child approaches upper primary, should look at quality and not quantity. Prices at book fairs are not really worth the trip anymore, can just selectively get from the outlets.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • P Offline
                      Pen88n
                      last edited by

                      hashroop:
                      Hey mummies, another discovery from that guide book: it's a myth clarification - those creepy crawlies you see near a dead animal or decaying plants are not called decomposers. They are called something else sorry I really cannot remember what but these creepy crawlies only help in breaking down decomposition. Confused? So was I!

                      Detritivores - eg. earthworms, snails - they feed on dead matter and break them into smaller fragments. Decomposers are the ones that can further break these down to simpler form of nutrients.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • H Offline
                        hashroop
                        last edited by

                        Pen88n:
                        Yep, no see no buy! There are 101 Maths / Science assessment books out there, and the questions in quite a number of them are just more or less the same save some tweaking here and there. Those questions will be repeated in the top school papers parents buy too. And repeated again when school teacher give / tuition centre provide. :slapshead:

                        Couldn't agree more. This is my second time as a Psle mom. Our kids will have a lot of exam practise papers from Sch n tutors. They will be pumped to the max in the next 90 plus days. I had half a dozen incomplete assessments books staring back at me at the end of his Psle. 😢

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 68
                        • 69
                        • 70
                        • 71
                        • 72
                        • 235
                        • 236
                        • 70 / 236
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        3

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy