Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    2012 PSLE Discussions and Strategy

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary 6 & PSLE
    6.0k Posts 467 Posters 1.7m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • 2 Offline
      24hr_mum
      last edited by

      Yesterday dd had school till 4pm. Brought home 2 math papers, 1english paper and 1english compo. Where got time to do revision for weak area?

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • Y Offline
        yukilei
        last edited by

        underthesea:
        underthesea:

        I told dd to stay at home this week to do her own revision but she refused. She said she want to play and talk to her friends in school. So I just let her be.


        Actually I am more worry about my Sec2 ds. SA2 starts next week and he still bo-chap!

        I shared my idea of letting dd stay at home to do revision with a mother outside the school yesterday. Guess what she said? She said I am \"siao\", where got people don't let kids go to school and stay at home do own revision. I was so upset to hear that word \"siao\"! She doesn't coach her dd at all, that's why she thinks I am siao! I didn't explain further my reason to her because 话不投机, 半句多!

        ai yo, where got \"siao\". If the child can do better at home, then it's ok to stay at home.

        After reading the forum, I did check w my DS yday whether he wants to stay at home. He refuse, saying that he prefer to go to school since the friends are around, can chit chat. Beside, he said the homework is manageable & school teachers do not require them to stay back. As at now, all his classmates go to school. So I let him be lor.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • Y Offline
          yukilei
          last edited by

          24hr_mum:
          Yesterday dd had school till 4pm. Brought home 2 math papers, 1english paper and 1english compo. Where got time to do revision for weak area?

          So much work! Do the teachers have time to go thru the papers?

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • M Offline
            MotherHen
            last edited by

            For dd's school, the teachers give compulsory and optional work. Glad to see that workload seems to be lightened these past few days, maybe to give the students room for self revision.


            DD still goes to school everyday, and makes use of waiting time (we always end up picking her up late frm school :oops: ) to do the compulsory homework. For optional homework, I tend to filter through and get her to do selectively. I think at this point in time, cramming will not serve any purpose.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • B Offline
              BlueBells
              last edited by

              Personally, I would keep the daily routines as they are and not keep my child at home for self-study / supervised study. I am worried this may end up with adverse effects, as sometimes, the slightest change in routine may trigger unnecessary anxieties / stress, more so at this point.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • 2 Offline
                24hr_mum
                last edited by

                BlueBells:
                Personally, I would keep the daily routines as they are and not keep my child at home for self-study / supervised study. I am worried this may end up with adverse effects, as sometimes, the slightest change in routine may trigger unnecessary anxieties / stress, more so at this point.

                My concern too.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • H Offline
                  HAPPYH
                  last edited by

                  yukilei:
                  24hr_mum:

                  Yesterday dd had school till 4pm. Brought home 2 math papers, 1english paper and 1english compo. Where got time to do revision for weak area?


                  So much work! Do the teachers have time to go thru the papers?

                  I think the students will exchange the papers and correct the answers while teacher go thro\" them. At least the past year papers are fine to do this.

                  Can you imagine they do this for oral as well? Of course, friends/partners will mark 100% correct. How do the kids know whether it is really correct or not? I must admit that teacher corrects the comprehension bit as the answers may vary. Anyway, it is too many for the teacher to correct. Can not completely blame them as well.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • 2 Offline
                    24hr_mum
                    last edited by

                    yukilei:
                    24hr_mum:

                    Yesterday dd had school till 4pm. Brought home 2 math papers, 1english paper and 1english compo. Where got time to do revision for weak area?


                    So much work! Do the teachers have time to go thru the papers?

                    You are right may have to check with her teacher go thru?
                    My dd is those striaght type , homework must finish , everyday i see her seat infont desk, rushing to finish, wondering does this help her?

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • Y Offline
                      yukilei
                      last edited by

                      HAPPYH:
                      yukilei:

                      [quote=\"24hr_mum\"]Yesterday dd had school till 4pm. Brought home 2 math papers, 1english paper and 1english compo. Where got time to do revision for weak area?


                      So much work! Do the teachers have time to go thru the papers?

                      I think the students will exchange the papers and correct the answers while teacher go thro\" them. At least the past year papers are fine to do this.

                      Can you imagine they do this for oral as well? Of course, friends/partners will mark 100% correct. How do the kids know whether it is really correct or not? I must admit that teacher corrects the comprehension bit as the answers may vary. Anyway, it is too many for the teacher to correct. Can not completely blame them as well.[/quote]Likewise, for DS school, the students will also exchange the paper while the teachers go thru with them. But I actually prefer the children to mark their own paper so that they can ask the teacher immediately if they got the answer wrong.

                      I've not heard of oral by partners/friends. This is usually done with teachers. Not blaming the teachers for not going thru the papers. Just that if they don't have time to go through, then maybe shouldn't ask the students to do so much work. Doing with no answer is like not doing.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • Y Offline
                        yukilei
                        last edited by

                        24hr_mum:
                        yukilei:

                        [quote=\"24hr_mum\"]Yesterday dd had school till 4pm. Brought home 2 math papers, 1english paper and 1english compo. Where got time to do revision for weak area?


                        So much work! Do the teachers have time to go thru the papers?

                        You are right may have to check with her teacher go thru?
                        My dd is those striaght type , homework must finish , everyday i see her seat infont desk, rushing to finish, wondering does this help her?[/quote]ai yo, 听了也心疼。I can imagine how you feel.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 349
                        • 350
                        • 351
                        • 352
                        • 353
                        • 601
                        • 602
                        • 351 / 602
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        0

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy