Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    GEP 2011 - Screening & Selection

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved GEP
    2.0k Posts 187 Posters 506.1k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • S Offline
      shalomger
      last edited by

      Anyone knows how much the school uniform costs for the various schools? šŸ™‚

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • M Offline
        MotherHen
        last edited by

        shalomger:
        Anyone knows how much the school uniform costs for the various schools? šŸ™‚

        Just call up Bibi & Baba at Shaw Centre šŸ˜„ . I think most uniform can be bought there. Tel: 6732 7022.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • comfyC Offline
          comfy
          last edited by

          Flowermonaster:
          comfy:

          [quote=\"Flowermonaster\"]
          This is not the proper way of choosng a school. I personally don't like their uniform, mak the kids looked \"brown\". If the kid is fair, still ok but if the kid is tan, cannot see the face becos blend into the uniform colour. Don't scold me. :siam:

          That is also NOT the proper way of choosing a school. Ya, funny though, my dd also don't like the uniform. You are so 'terribly' .....

          The NOT proper way of choosing a school is the reason I mentioned not your reason lah. Sorry for not being clear about it. Yeah me terrible, that is why I faster :siam: if not sure gonna šŸ¦†[/quote]Oops! now I got it, not gifted, mah.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • comfyC Offline
            comfy
            last edited by

            just888:
            HPPS's uniform though not so nice, but it suits lazy mum like me..no need to iron šŸ˜› Plus no extra set required for PE, therefore no need to worry forgot to wear the wrong uniform to sch. It would be even prefect if their sch shoes are black in colour.

            Mmmm... is this a compliment or ???? I think HPPS is going to have a lot of GEP kids this year. Heard the size of GEP class tend to be quite small ( less than 20 ).

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • PiggyLalalaP Offline
              PiggyLalala
              last edited by

              comfy:
              PiggyLalala:

              Hi Jtoh,

              Thank you for yr sharing. ds2 is a pleasant boy who is rather shy and not very articulate. He is also not very inquisitive. So to me, it seemed like he does not have the common traits of a gep student. I'm sure he has the correct attitude but still I'm worried as to whether he can cope. He is very happy in the mainstream, stressfree and swimming happily in the pond. Hopefully when he is put in the new deep pool, he can still swim and keep his pleasant nature. Having said all that, I would say that ds2 is quite an independent worker. He could be a late developer. Hopefully, his brain is still growing and he gets better and better each year. šŸ˜‚

              Hi everyone, I notice quite a number of parents asking this questions \"can my kid cope?\" I am just wondering whether anyone can help me define what is the meaning of this question? When someone ask me, I am not sure how to answer? :siao: TIA.

              To me, I would say my child is not able to cope if he has a subject that is below the baseline required. Can cope if most of the marks are close or above the level mean.

              Cope very well in the subject if the mark for the particular subject is above the mean + SD.

              Lastly, child must be happy, look forward to school, not stressed and have friends. šŸ˜„

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • comfyC Offline
                comfy
                last edited by

                PiggyLalala:
                comfy:

                [quote=\"PiggyLalala\"]Hi Jtoh,

                Thank you for yr sharing. ds2 is a pleasant boy who is rather shy and not very articulate. He is also not very inquisitive. So to me, it seemed like he does not have the common traits of a gep student. I'm sure he has the correct attitude but still I'm worried as to whether he can cope. He is very happy in the mainstream, stressfree and swimming happily in the pond. Hopefully when he is put in the new deep pool, he can still swim and keep his pleasant nature. Having said all that, I would say that ds2 is quite an independent worker. He could be a late developer. Hopefully, his brain is still growing and he gets better and better each year. šŸ˜‚

                Hi everyone, I notice quite a number of parents asking this questions \"can my kid cope?\" I am just wondering whether anyone can help me define what is the meaning of this question? When someone ask me, I am not sure how to answer? :siao: TIA.

                To me, I would say my child is not able to cope if he has a subject that is below the baseline required. Can cope if most of the marks are close or above the level mean.

                Cope very well in the subject if the mark for the particular subject is above the mean + SD.

                Lastly, child must be happy, look forward to school, not stressed and have friends. šŸ˜„[/quote]ok, just to clarify, your level mean refers to baseline? and what is mean+SD? so far has not seen this in her report card.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • F Offline
                  Flowermonaster
                  last edited by

                  just888:
                  HPPS's uniform though not so nice, but it suits lazy mum like me..no need to iron šŸ˜› Plus no extra set required for PE, therefore no need to worry forgot to wear the wrong uniform to sch. It would be even prefect if their sch shoes are black in colour.

                  Not the uniform style just the Colour I don't like. The design is nice I also like the idea of not having to iron, that's definitely a plus point!

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • S Offline
                    shalomger
                    last edited by

                    FlowerMonaster- every mothers dream uniform involves no ironing and black shoes hahaha

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • F Offline
                      Flowermonaster
                      last edited by

                      shalomger:
                      FlowerMonaster- every mothers dream uniform involves no ironing and black shoes hahaha

                      Yes U r right! :snuggles:

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • J Offline
                        just888
                        last edited by

                        comfy:
                        just888:

                        HPPS's uniform though not so nice, but it suits lazy mum like me..no need to iron šŸ˜› Plus no extra set required for PE, therefore no need to worry forgot to wear the wrong uniform to sch. It would be even prefect if their sch shoes are black in colour.


                        Mmmm... is this a compliment or ???? I think HPPS is going to have a lot of GEP kids this year. Heard the size of GEP class tend to be quite small ( less than 20 ).

                        Comfy, why think that HPPS going to have lots of GEP kids this year? I know there is going to be 2 GEP class with 20 students each. My hubby thinks the ratio of teacher to lesser students would be better.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better šŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 121
                        • 122
                        • 123
                        • 124
                        • 125
                        • 195
                        • 196
                        • 123 / 196
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        5

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy