Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Is Groupon a scam?

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Money Matters
    232 Posts 98 Posters 95.3k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • L Offline
      lim72
      last edited by

      ER:
      I bought only F&B ones from reputable set ups and so far it's been good execpt for one.


      Chang Korean is so reputable and it is disapponting because the vouchers were supposed to be good for 3 months till late April but last week I received an email from Groupon that Chang will close temporarily at Iluma and hence coupon accepted till 31 March only. Surely, Chang will know this closure way before hand since Iluma was undergoing renovations.

      Anyway, after weeks of trying to book seats, I finally went last Saturday.

      It was a buffet and they will not serve even water. They do not allow my kids to even frink from their water bottles and insist that we buy water from them.
      Hi Thanks for your info. I have called to make a reservation this Monday after reading your post. But, not allowing kids to drink from their water bottles is really too much. Fortunately, we are not bringing our kid this time.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • H Offline
        happykappy
        last edited by

        hubby bought a car polishing one. i think it was at some marina yacht club. he was quite pleased with the outcome and service.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • O Offline
          Oppsgal
          last edited by

          micollh:
          for canvas photos, i reported to groupon but their follow up sucks !! till now no news.. call them and they said will call back until now no news..sigh.. $75 i considered fly off

          Want to go CASE make report? We called the shop directly to say want go CASE make a report... the person who pick up call, say couldn't find the photos softcopy, ask to resend. 🤷

          Wait till now still no news again. If not receive by end of month, think we will make a trip down CASE. Enough waiting. :stompfeet:

          WE ARE GOING TO BOYCOTT GROUPON! Not going to buy anything from them anymore, since no service.
          :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

          Check check check. no news.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • O Offline
            Oppsgal
            last edited by

            \"Sorry to hear you had a hard time contacting the merchant.


            Rest assured the merchant is doing their best to deliver items on time. Please leave me your contact number and I will contact the merchant to give you a ring to advice on the status of delivery.

            Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to include.

            Kind regards,
            Bernadette
            [email protected]\"


            This is the response :? Then what... nothing happen for so long.

            :frustrated:

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • I Offline
              Imami
              last edited by

              I have bought quite a few - vouchers from pizza hut, jap restaurant at imm, Kate spade bags, watch, home cleaning service, batt pack, hair services, eu yan dang etc.


              So far the food vouchers all ok. The home cleaning one didnt go thru, gave crappy reply \"cannot cope with high demand\" but I got my refund as promised. The batt pack, shop said \"stock next week come\", I am still waiting. Tomorrow I will try to collect again. The hair service #1 - wah, so difficult to appt. Need to suit their timing some more. Will update on this when I finally get my hair done. :xedfingers:

              But I got my ks bags without glitches. They are well packed and I am happy.

              Will buy groupon again but will be more selective then before.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • F Offline
                Funx3
                last edited by

                Have Encounter Terrible Service from Groupon Deals recently.


                For one Case, They Refuse to Let My Gal Attend the Workshop since she's not yet 18, But Never state in their Coupon tis Age Limit.
                So Cancel ---------> Refund in Groupon Credit 2 months Later
                Note : I Pay thru Credit Card.

                For Latest Case, The Person in Charge of Order Refuse to Acknowledge the Birthday Cake Order and Tell Me I Can Always Cancel it if I'm Not Happy. Since they Have So Many Orders .... Don't Need my Order! :roll:
                So Cancel with Request Not to Refund in Credits, Since I'm Not Gonna Use their Service Again ----------> Groupon Replied after 2 Wks and Insisted that Since I Never Object in the 1st instance, They Will Not Refund to Me thru Credit Card!

                So Wrote To them a Strong Letter, Stating that -
                1) I Objected STRONGly to Refund in Groupon Credits
                2) I'm Totally Disappointed in their Suppliers Services, Will NOT use their Service Again - So Credits is Of No Use to Me ....

                Receive Their Reply Then to Say Will Refund to my Credit Card ....
                But Still Waiting for it to reflect in my Credit Card ....

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • I Offline
                  Imami
                  last edited by

                  Funx3:


                  For Latest Case, The Person in Charge of Order Refuse to Acknowledge the Birthday Cake Order and Tell Me I Can Always Cancel it if I'm Not Happy. Since they Have So Many Orders .... Don't Need my Order! :roll:
                  So Cancel with Request Not to Refund in Credits, Since I'm Not Gonna Use their Service Again ----------> Groupon Replied after 2 Wks and Insisted that Since I Never Object in the 1st instance, They Will Not Refund to Me thru Credit Card!
                  ....
                  Like that not nice la... It shd be pay by what mode then refund also the same mode...

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • F Offline
                    Funx3
                    last edited by

                    Imami:
                    Funx3:



                    For Latest Case, The Person in Charge of Order Refuse to Acknowledge the Birthday Cake Order and Tell Me I Can Always Cancel it if I'm Not Happy. Since they Have So Many Orders .... Don't Need my Order! :roll:
                    So Cancel with Request Not to Refund in Credits, Since I'm Not Gonna Use their Service Again ----------> Groupon Replied after 2 Wks and Insisted that Since I Never Object in the 1st instance, They Will Not Refund to Me thru Credit Card!
                    ....

                    Like that not nice la... It shd be pay by what mode then refund also the same mode...

                    By Refund to their Groupon Credits, the $$ is Safely Kept within their Kiddie, and customers will have to use their service ....

                    So Make Sure if U Request for Refunds, Must State
                    1) Do Not Want in Credits. And
                    2) Must Write to Them to OBJECT Strongly, Totally Not Agreeable to their Groupon Credit Refund.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • F Offline
                      friendship
                      last edited by

                      This is really a scam if groupon refused to refund via the same mode.


                      Still can get refund? I thought they won’t bother to do refund.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • G Offline
                        gladyschan
                        last edited by

                        I tried groupon for a beauty & spa deal, go to new york skins solution. Met with a lot of hard-selling and they refused to let me off! 😞 It was a terrible experience. during the facial they kept convincing me to buy their beauty ampoules or don't know other facial things. not relaxing at all! they kept convincing me to buy, i tried to leave but they got their manager to talk to me! ugh.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 5
                        • 6
                        • 7
                        • 8
                        • 9
                        • 23
                        • 24
                        • 7 / 24
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        5

                        Online

                        211.3k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy