Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Mindstretcher - Discussion

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Multi-Disciplinary
    1.1k Posts 435 Posters 445.9k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • M Offline
      mummy of 3
      last edited by

      MMM:
      Just heard from another parent who send his kid to Mindstretcher for EL. The son is still having issues grammatically and for compo despite attending the class. Not much improvement to results as well.


      Difficult to have a good centre...... :roll:
      Hi MMM,
      any good centre in the west that teach P1 preparatory? Urgent to find or will put my DD1 at Read in a week and mpm maths. šŸ˜ž

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • I Offline
        i3mum
        last edited by

        Hi MMM,


        Thanks for sharing! I will reconsider again. I m thinking of Lcentral or Morris Allen, not sure which is better. Do you know if Lcentral is taught by Native speakers?

        mummy of 3:
        MMM:

        Just heard from another parent who send his kid to Mindstretcher for EL. The son is still having issues grammatically and for compo despite attending the class. Not much improvement to results as well.

        Difficult to have a good centre...... :roll:

        Hi MMM,
        any good centre in the west that teach P1 preparatory? Urgent to find or will put my DD1 at Read in a week and mpm maths. šŸ˜ž

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • M Offline
          mummy of 3
          last edited by

          [quote=\"i3mum\"]Hi mummy of 3,


          haha seem like you are the only one who replies to my queries! šŸ™‚

          Yup I m keen too, thinking of the English & Maths enrichment, but the nearest centre for me seemed to be in Bishan, Toa Payoh or Bukit Batok 😢 all 3 centres are not near my house.

          Your ex-colleague has feedback that it's good? The fees seem affordable to other enrichment centres.. I hope to find out more.

          Ya, seem affordable. Will call them again in Oct to find out the slots suitable anot. Yew Tee also not near my house but like the environment there. :roll:
          Like i told u Read in a week (phonics) is located at CCK but there is one at JE that is near my place but i like the atmosphere at CCK. So do u intend to put ur gal there (mind strecher).

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • MMMM Offline
            MMM
            last edited by

            i3mum:
            Hi MMM,


            Thanks for sharing! I will reconsider again. I m thinking of Lcentral or Morris Allen, not sure which is better. Do you know if Lcentral is taught by Native speakers?
            mummy of 3:

            [quote=\"MMM\"]Just heard from another parent who send his kid to Mindstretcher for EL. The son is still having issues grammatically and for compo despite attending the class. Not much improvement to results as well.

            Difficult to have a good centre...... :roll:

            Hi MMM,
            any good centre in the west that teach P1 preparatory? Urgent to find or will put my DD1 at Read in a week and mpm maths. šŸ˜ž

            [/quote]Lcentral is taught by native speaker.

            Sorry, I am not familiar with the west as I am a easterner.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • I Offline
              i3mum
              last edited by

              I'm not sure too, still looking for more choices before I decide. Actually as I have mentioned to you, I m more interested to let my DD to attend creative writing, and I prefer native English speakers, so my kids will learn the right language, instead of Singlish. (Not meaning other enrichment centres with non-native speakers will teach singlish)


              I also need to find out what does the centre focuses on. My DD can read now, it's more on writing & grammar, etc.

              mummy of 3:
              Ya, seem affordable. Will call them again in Oct to find out the slots suitable anot. Yew Tee also not near my house but like the environment there. :roll:
              Like i told u Read in a week (phonics) is located at CCK but there is one at JE that is near my place but i like the atmosphere at CCK. So do u intend to put ur gal there (mind strecher).

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • I Offline
                i3mum
                last edited by

                Oh Lcentral is taught by native speaker? Hmm maybe I can check it out. I called today, think they are closed due to Teacher's Day.


                I think probably Lcentral fees are cheaper than Morris Allen.

                MMM:

                Lcentral is taught by native speaker.

                Sorry, I am not familiar with the west as I am a easterner.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • K Offline
                  KingRascal
                  last edited by

                  Ever enquired at the centre at East Coast Road. Was told that the class size could go up to 15. Probably this explains the low px.


                  Was once told that Bishan branch is the more credible one among all, not sure how true it is.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • M Offline
                    mummy of 3
                    last edited by

                    i3mum:
                    Hi MMM,


                    Thanks for sharing! I will reconsider again. I m thinking of Lcentral or Morris Allen, not sure which is better. Do you know if Lcentral is taught by Native speakers?
                    mummy of 3:

                    [quote=\"MMM\"]Just heard from another parent who send his kid to Mindstretcher for EL. The son is still having issues grammatically and for compo despite attending the class. Not much improvement to results as well.

                    Difficult to have a good centre...... :roll:

                    Hi MMM,
                    any good centre in the west that teach P1 preparatory? Urgent to find or will put my DD1 at Read in a week and mpm maths. šŸ˜ž

                    [/quote]Ya, Morris Allen is Veryyyy Exxxxpensive. Thats y i never choose morris allen. How about I Can Read for your DD?

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • I Offline
                      i3mum
                      last edited by

                      Ya I know Morris Allen is very expensive. I m not sure about I can Read, i went there last year, wanted to sign up my DD for reading class. But end up, I realised I can teach her on my own & didnt ask further on creative writing etc.

                      mummy of 3:
                      Ya, Morris Allen is Veryyyy Exxxxpensive. Thats y i never choose morris allen. How about I Can Read for your DD?[/quote]

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • L Offline
                        luvmum
                        last edited by

                        Hi i3mum,


                        Hope my reply comes in time...my DD is currently taking the P1 Prep at Mindstretcher, Yew Tee branch. It's a new branch started this year and we are the pioneer group for the class there. The teacher is an ex-school teacher from bukit Panjang pri school. DD was there since Jan10.

                        Hmm what i like abt the centre:-
                        1. Worksheet is comprehensive and coverage is good for P1 level as compared to other centres.
                        2. Teacher is patient and nice
                        3. Good exterior environment since the centre is so new
                        4. Fee is reasonable for 2 hrs lesson.

                        What i dislike abt the centre:-
                        1. There is no toilet in the centre, need to use the toilet at the mall. Now at K2, she goes on group basis with a female admin staff but come P1 I'm not sure. I saw some primary school kids going on their own. If so, I'm totally not comfortable as the mall is crowded with pple an no one safeguard on their safety so I will check come end this yr before committing for next yr.
                        2. Admin staff pretty cold and 'bochap' us
                        3. Classroom is narrowly packed.

                        Still contemplating if I should continue her for P1 ... :love:

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better šŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3
                        • 4
                        • 5
                        • 111
                        • 112
                        • 2 / 112
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        0

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy