Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Q&A - PSLE Math

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary 6 & PSLE
    9.3k Posts 673 Posters 4.1m Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • M Offline
      Michaelia0816
      last edited by

      I think this is not in the syballus but my teacher just gave us the Hw to be completed within 2 days, it hard, first time approaching such question, -.-

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • M Offline
        Michaelia0816
        last edited by

        Thx you very much, whoa, finally finished!

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • M Offline
          Michaelia0816
          last edited by

          Tianzhu, sorry, I just realized that I had missed out 1 question, pls help. Same like others, I dun know how to do it, I bit confused in this question so pls help,


          9. A and B had 864 stamps altogether.A gave B some stamps and B’ stamps increased by 50%. In return, B gave A some of her stamps and A’s stamps increased by 20%. In the end, each of them had an equal number of stamps. What was the percentage increase or decrease in the number of B’s stamps?

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • P Offline
            peggy
            last edited by

            please assist.


            \tMr and Mrs Leong left their house at the same time but travel in opposite directions. Mr Leong travelled towards bedok while Mrs Leong headed for Kallang. Mrs Leong drove at a speed which was 10km/h slower than Mr Leong. 30 minutes later, when Mr Leong reached Bedok, they were 95 km apart. How far did Mrs Leong travel when Mr Leong reached Bedok ?

            thanks.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • M Offline
              Michaelia0816
              last edited by

              Michaelia0816:
              Tianzhu, sorry, I just realized that I had missed out 1 question, pls help. Same like others, I dun know how to do it, I bit confused in this question so pls help,


              9. A and B had 864 stamps altogether.A gave B some stamps and B' stamps increased by 50%. In return, B gave A some of her stamps and A's stamps increased by 20%. In the end, each of them had an equal number of stamps. What was the percentage increase or decrease in the number of B's stamps?
              I need it by Sat, so pls help. As soon as possible.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • T Offline
                tianzhu
                last edited by

                peggy:
                please assist.


                \tMr and Mrs Leong left their house at the same time but travel in opposite directions. Mr Leong travelled towards bedok while Mrs Leong headed for Kallang. Mrs Leong drove at a speed which was 10km/h slower than Mr Leong. 30 minutes later, when Mr Leong reached Bedok, they were 95 km apart. How far did Mrs Leong travel when Mr Leong reached Bedok ?

                thanks.
                Hi

                As in any Speed question, start with a simple diagram.

                In 1h, Mrs Leong covered 10 km less than Mr Leong.

                In 30 minutes, Mrs Leong covered 5km less than Mr Leong.

                1unit (Mrs Leong) + 1 unit + 5 (Mr Leong) ------ 95

                1 unit ------- 45

                Mrs Leong travelled 45 km

                Best wishes

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • T Offline
                  tianzhu
                  last edited by

                  Michaelia0816:
                  Michaelia0816:

                  Tianzhu, sorry, I just realized that I had missed out 1 question, pls help. Same like others, I dun know how to do it, I bit confused in this question so pls help,


                  9. A and B had 864 stamps altogether.A gave B some stamps and B' stamps increased by 50%. In return, B gave A some of her stamps and A's stamps increased by 20%. In the end, each of them had an equal number of stamps. What was the percentage increase or decrease in the number of B's stamps?

                  I need it by Sat, so pls help. As soon as possible.

                  Hi

                  You may use \"Work Backwards\" for your question.

                  There are some examples in earlier posts.I'll try to find my earlier solutions to similar questions later.

                  Best wishes

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • P Offline
                    peggy
                    last edited by

                    Tianzhu,


                    Thanks for your prompt reply.


                    Cheers !

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • T Offline
                      tianzhu
                      last edited by

                      Hi Michaelia0816


                      Ah girl, here's a similar type of question.

                      Hope this helps.

                      Best wishes

                      http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5213/5473328668_0005b89f67_z.jpg\">

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • T Offline
                        tianzhu
                        last edited by

                        peggy:
                        Tianzhu,


                        Thanks for your prompt reply.


                        Cheers !
                        Hi

                        You're welcome.

                        Best wishes

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 673
                        • 674
                        • 675
                        • 676
                        • 677
                        • 931
                        • 932
                        • 675 / 932
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        OLCTO
                        OLCT
                        qqtang0526Q
                        qqtang0526

                        Statistics

                        6

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy