All About GEP
-
cluelessmama:
Yup... I'm pretty much involve if it's tricky or difficult question.. that's why sometimes concern when my DS frustratingly told me that the teacher has not teach, but were told to do the worksheet... :?
Actually, I don't believe this is the only method. I think this is just one of the methods.syshi:
How confidence we are on peer teaching?
My DS last time in previous school always teach his friends if they don't understand. But heard from him that some other previous classmate very selfish. Don't want to share.
Like this also difficult...
For myself, I've always stressed to my kid that as long as she doesn't understand, she will have to ask - don't assume. I believe till now, she has been doing that.
For tricky or difficult questions, kid will usually work on it till she get a solution. Usually, she will check with me if that's the best way to solve a problem. -
syshi:
Yup... I'm pretty much involve if it's tricky or difficult question.. that's why sometimes concern when my DS frustratingly told me that the teacher has not teach, but were told to do the worksheet... :?[/quote]Don't worry too much. Actually, I prefer it this way coz 1)it challenges the young mind, - I enjoy the look on kid's face when she rushes out of the bathroom all wet, with a \"Eureka\" :idea: look on the facing, telling me that she believes that she has found the solution.
Actually, I don't believe this is the only method. I think this is just one of the methods.cluelessmama:
[quote=\"syshi\"]
How confidence we are on peer teaching?
My DS last time in previous school always teach his friends if they don't understand. But heard from him that some other previous classmate very selfish. Don't want to share.
Like this also difficult...
For myself, I've always stressed to my kid that as long as she doesn't understand, she will have to ask - don't assume. I believe till now, she has been doing that.
For tricky or difficult questions, kid will usually work on it till she get a solution. Usually, she will check with me if that's the best way to solve a problem.
2)it allows me to keep track of what kid is doing in school.
-
cluelessmama:
Thanks for sharing... will try to monitor the situation.. in the meantime, maybe get some mainstream book to let him practice..., advisable?
Don't worry too much. Actually, I prefer it this way coz 1)it challenges the young mind, - I enjoy the look on kid's face when she rushes out of the bathroom all wet, with a \"Eureka\" :idea: look on the facing, telling me that she believes that she has found the solution.syshi:
Yup... I'm pretty much involve if it's tricky or difficult question.. that's why sometimes concern when my DS frustratingly told me that the teacher has not teach, but were told to do the worksheet... :?
2)it allows me to keep track of what kid is doing in school.

-
syshi:
Sometimes there's more than just 1 way of solving a particular question - Good for them to brain storm and share and discover new methods or short cuts ... but not short cut by copying other's work :idea: ? Through this, they learn not to be so selfish and to mentor others ....Yup.. thanks...
Agree on the self learning and discovery amongst students. Worried that they use shortcut by copying instead of finding out or understanding... -
keroppi:
Yup... that's why for me will monitor whether my DS just copy or understand... previously thought the TR will do that... now seems like have to monitor myself.. thanks..
Sometimes there's more than just 1 way of solving a particular question - Good for them to brain storm and share and discover new methods or short cuts ... but not short cut by copying other's work :idea: ?syshi:
Yup.. thanks...
Agree on the self learning and discovery amongst students. Worried that they use shortcut by copying instead of finding out or understanding... -
syshi:
Thanks for sharing... will try to monitor the situation.. in the meantime, maybe get some mainstream book to let him practice..., advisable?[/quote]Maybe, you can pick only those challenging sums for him coz you don't want to bore him with drills. Also, assess the situation, don't \"drown\" him with your own homework. To me, one or two each time is acceptable.
Don't worry too much. Actually, I prefer it this way coz 1)it challenges the young mind, - I enjoy the look on kid's face when she rushes out of the bathroom all wet, with a \"Eureka\" :idea: look on the facing, telling me that she believes that she has found the solution.cluelessmama:
[quote=\"syshi\"]
Yup... I'm pretty much involve if it's tricky or difficult question.. that's why sometimes concern when my DS frustratingly told me that the teacher has not teach, but were told to do the worksheet... :?
2)it allows me to keep track of what kid is doing in school.

-
cluelessmama:
hehehe... my DS just got 'scolded' by me last night... he got the Social Study and English Compo work to modify. Told me that only next monday need to hand in.. and want to wait till Sat and Sun then do...
Maybe, you can pick only those challenging sums for him coz you don't want to bore him with drills. Also, assess the situation, don't \"drown\" him with your own homework. To me, one or two each time is acceptable.syshi:
Thanks for sharing... will try to monitor the situation.. in the meantime, maybe get some mainstream book to let him practice..., advisable?
I told him that if he can do it last night, then it will free off his timing in Sat & Sun for play.... -
syshi:
kids are kids... :lol:
hehehe... my DS just got 'scolded' by me last night... he got the Social Study and English Compo work to modify. Told me that only next monday need to hand in.. and want to wait till Sat and Sun then do...
I told him that if he can do it last night, then it will free off his timing in Sat & Sun for play....
Come to think of it, so far, they have only done 1 compo and 1 compre. -
cluelessmama:
Don't think mine has been given any compo so far. Was this a common practice at all centre? What was the topic like/
kids are kids... :lol:syshi:
hehehe... my DS just got 'scolded' by me last night... he got the Social Study and English Compo work to modify. Told me that only next monday need to hand in.. and want to wait till Sat and Sun then do...
I told him that if he can do it last night, then it will free off his timing in Sat & Sun for play....
Come to think of it, so far, they have only done 1 compo and 1 compre. -
Zann:
Don't think mine has been given any compo so far. Was this a common practice at all centre? What was the topic like/[/quote]My DS's compo more on the 'Camping Trip' they had...
kids are kids... :lol:cluelessmama:
[quote=\"syshi\"]
hehehe... my DS just got 'scolded' by me last night... he got the Social Study and English Compo work to modify. Told me that only next monday need to hand in.. and want to wait till Sat and Sun then do...
I told him that if he can do it last night, then it will free off his timing in Sat & Sun for play....
Come to think of it, so far, they have only done 1 compo and 1 compre.
those went will write about the trip... those didn't go, write about the experience at home...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better š
Register Login