Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    All About GEP

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved GEP
    6.7k Posts 720 Posters 2.8m Views
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • K Offline
      keroppi
      last edited by

      vlim:
      hi any of the p5 gepers' parents here going for the 'communicating with your gifted kid' on 17/4 at ACS? šŸ˜„

      Me.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • V Offline
        vlim
        last edited by

        TwaTau:
        Bo leh (Hokkien), didn't receive any notice like that.

        Then maybe u can check w the form teacher abt this talk. Maybe they think u no need to attend as u have no problem communicating w your kid haaaaaa šŸ˜‰

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • T Offline
          TwaTau
          last edited by

          Boleh (Malay)! My communication with my DS is very smooth. The typical conversation is in concised single word response, šŸ˜›

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • B Offline
            Blobbi
            last edited by

            Tks for the headsup, vlim.


            Is this a parenting talk? I haven't been invited but will ask if I can go. Do you have further details? My son macam like from different planet sometimes ... :frustrated:

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • corneyAmberC Offline
              corneyAmber
              last edited by

              Blobbi:
              Tks for the headsup, vlim.


              Is this a parenting talk? I haven't been invited but will ask if I can go. Do you have further details? My son macam like from different planet sometimes ... :frustrated:
              Sorry Blobbi, I may have missed out some of your posts. I know your child is EG but he is in P1. Does it mean that he has been accepted to GEP at P1 already because he is EG?

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • N Offline
                Neko
                last edited by

                MotherHen:
                Deadline for solar cooker is 22 April according to DD. Have to bring the contraption to school and cook an egg with it... hopefully.... :xedfingers:

                I think also need to submit a poster explaining their creation.

                Thanks TwaTau for the encouragement. You're right i think the kids will cope, somehow. Must really try to let go of the mother hen instinct in me.. :lol:
                Any of your kids finished constructing the solar cooker? My dd's cooker seems sound in theory but when tested, the egg wouldn't cook šŸ˜ž

                wonder how much time they will be given to complete the experiment on the actual day?

                Think SS portfoilio assessment is due next week? Dd has not finshed that as well.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • Z Offline
                  Zann
                  last edited by

                  Neko:
                  MotherHen:

                  Deadline for solar cooker is 22 April according to DD. Have to bring the contraption to school and cook an egg with it... hopefully.... :xedfingers:

                  I think also need to submit a poster explaining their creation.

                  Thanks TwaTau for the encouragement. You're right i think the kids will cope, somehow. Must really try to let go of the mother hen instinct in me.. :lol:

                  Any of your kids finished constructing the solar cooker? My dd's cooker seems sound in theory but when tested, the egg wouldn't cook šŸ˜ž

                  wonder how much time they will be given to complete the experiment on the actual day?



                  Think SS portfoilio assessment is due next week? Dd has not finshed that as well.

                  Hi Neko, care to share what they have to do for SS portfoilio assessment. Ever since the completion of family tree, I have not heard of anything :? TIa

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • B Offline
                    Blobbi
                    last edited by

                    ks2me:
                    Blobbi:

                    Tks for the headsup, vlim.


                    Is this a parenting talk? I haven't been invited but will ask if I can go. Do you have further details? My son macam like from different planet sometimes ... :frustrated:

                    Sorry Blobbi, I may have missed out some of your posts. I know your child is EG but he is in P1. Does it mean that he has been accepted to GEP at P1 already because he is EG?

                    Ha, ks2me!! Nolah. He still has to take the test, as far as I know. EG means they are given individual accomodations by MOE, which cld mean acceleration or enrichment via the school.

                    In my son's case, EG means Extra Garang. I'm EG too - Extra Geram. :lol:

                    I'm hoping that if this is a parenting talk (sounds like it), I may be allowed to listen in.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • V Offline
                      vlim
                      last edited by

                      Blobbi:
                      ks2me:

                      [quote=\"Blobbi\"]Tks for the headsup, vlim.


                      Is this a parenting talk? I haven't been invited but will ask if I can go. Do you have further details? My son macam like from different planet sometimes ... :frustrated:

                      Sorry Blobbi, I may have missed out some of your posts. I know your child is EG but he is in P1. Does it mean that he has been accepted to GEP at P1 already because he is EG?

                      Ha, ks2me!! Nolah. He still has to take the test, as far as I know. EG means they are given individual accomodations by MOE, which cld mean acceleration or enrichment via the school.

                      In my son's case, EG means Extra Garang. I'm EG too - Extra Geram. :lol:

                      I'm hoping that if this is a parenting talk (sounds like it), I may be allowed to listen in.[/quote]i think only parents of p5 gepers are invited. A form was given to see if we can attend. Maybe this talk is to teach the parents how to 'ease' their p5 gep child from the terribly, heavily workload..... I start to feel the 'pressure' nowwwwwwwwww šŸ˜“

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • M Offline
                        MotherHen
                        last edited by

                        Zann:
                        Neko:

                        [quote=\"MotherHen\"]Deadline for solar cooker is 22 April according to DD. Have to bring the contraption to school and cook an egg with it... hopefully.... :xedfingers:

                        I think also need to submit a poster explaining their creation.

                        Thanks TwaTau for the encouragement. You're right i think the kids will cope, somehow. Must really try to let go of the mother hen instinct in me.. :lol:

                        Any of your kids finished constructing the solar cooker? My dd's cooker seems sound in theory but when tested, the egg wouldn't cook šŸ˜ž

                        wonder how much time they will be given to complete the experiment on the actual day?



                        Think SS portfoilio assessment is due next week? Dd has not finshed that as well.

                        Hi Neko, care to share what they have to do for SS portfoilio assessment. Ever since the completion of family tree, I have not heard of anything :? TIa[/quote]
                        Goodness... dd only printed out another copy of the interview write-up, and said that teacher needed it for portfolio (and that was about a week ago). Didn't say anything about having to put together a portfolio by next week. What are they supposed to do for the portfolio? Any detail is appreciated. TIA.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better šŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 93
                        • 94
                        • 95
                        • 96
                        • 97
                        • 668
                        • 669
                        • 95 / 669
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy