Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Comparing Tuition Centres

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Multi-Disciplinary
    125 Posts 18 Posters 147.2k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • K Offline
      kitty2
      last edited by

      Green-apple:
      gardenia12345:

      My son will be P6 on next year. Could anyone please advise which one should I choose among \"Mindstretcher\" , \"Stalford\", \"KRTC\" from Angmokio Hub? I want my son to engage with Maths, Science and English. Every kind advise would be very much appreciated


      You may want to consider MS for Science only.

      There is another better option for English in AMK area (not those above) and as for Maths, i have a good tutor in mind but if you willing to pay...

      Green-apple, can you share the lobang?Thanks

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • G Offline
        Green-apple 0
        last edited by

        For English, which area are you looking at? Merely academic focused? Or bigger picture?


        There are many tuition centre cater to exams expectation. Usually the set-up is 10-15 students for 145 hrs or 2 hrs. Kids already spent 7-8 hours in the school and another 2 hours weekly tuition. The tutor engages minimum talking session with kids because she needs to cover the whole syllabus within the 2 hrs lesson.

        I discussed with my DS and understand that he dislike classroom approach of tuition. I have carefully selected this small group tutor who try to balance her teaching activities to cater to exam expectations and develop love in language. Her vision is to nurture a love for reading and critical thinking in all children she teaches, that will help them in the long run that just merely doing exam papers. She is using more indepth materials and approach which is very different from others tuition center and keep the school syllabus as homework.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • M Offline
          minniemusic
          last edited by

          I have very bad experience with this centre located at Tampines.

          Centre changed class schedule and only informed last minute on the 2nd last of the lesson for the term 4 (but verified with my girl and she has not received their time table sheet or been informed the change of schedule at all) I came to aware only when I called them up. Was informed new P6 term to start only on 15th Nov (sat) - new class time. I informed centre we couldn’t make it at the new class time.
          For beginning stage when I registered for the class, I have already informed the centre that my girl is only available on Fri evening, so they clearly aware but centre told me they dun remember so much.( i feel that this is a centre that do not bother to understand about the student.)

          Also the centre admin told me their teacher (owner of centre) is only available to teach on weekends and since the teacher (owner of centre) is taking over the P6 class and she is only available on weekends for teaching however when I registered for the class, they only told me that the teacher will take over the class in Sept but never said that only teach in Weekends.

          Now we cant make it only the new class time. I request for refund since fault is not at all, so it is very right for the centre to do refund. But the centre doesn’t want to refund and insisted that their policy stated no refund.

          They are also twisting their words now and told me there is no change of schedule in Nov only, class as usual so insist that I attend 4 lessons to offset the deposit. The centre way of management is only putting the student at risk. My girl is already in P6, I need to find another tuition centre and not waste time to attend just 4 lessons for new P6 term with a centre that she will not be attending anymore class.

          The centre now insist not refunding and is at no fault. I can understand centre collect deposit and will not refund under normal circumstance, but at this case, the centre is at fault for not informing earlier, the admin girl even told me that my expectation as parents, hence you can see what kind of management the centre has. Also the admin girl told me that the new class time is based on student agreement but we are not aware at all even the p5 terms come to an end, until I called up the centre to check whether any class in holidays.

          Pls be aware of such centre. I am holding up the case with CASE to get my deposit back now.

          Any suggestion or advice may assist me further is very appreciated. Thanks.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • C Offline
            concern_parents
            last edited by

            My son will be P6 on next year. Could anyone please advise which one should I choose among "Mindstretcher" , "Stalford", "KRTC" from Angmokio Hub? I want my son to engage with Maths, Science and English. Every kind advise would be very much appreciated




            Hi,

            I sent my P5 son to this new centre called Knowledge Kindler Learning Centre located at Kallang. Their EMS teachers are all very experienced and they used their own materials too. He managed to get B1 for EL and SC and A* for MA. You might want to give this centre a try.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • S Offline
              Sandrateo72
              last edited by

              Hi fellow parents,


              Happened to be at Beauty World Centre over the week and received a flyer about this tuition centre called "Intuitive Learning Hub".

              Does anyone have any feedback about this place? Took a walk around the premise and its located at #03-31 of Beauty World Centre.

              Thank you

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • M Offline
                Mrs Tang
                last edited by

                Hi Sandrateo72,


                I actually put my kids at Intuitive Learning Hub for tuition for about 1 month now.
                From what I gathered from my kids, they really enjoy tuition there. Hope it shows in their results.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • S Offline
                  Sandrateo72
                  last edited by

                  Thanks for the reply! Will check this out

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • B Offline
                    Blue Pearl
                    last edited by

                    Anyone has any feeback on True learning centre near to Kovan MRT? Thank you.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • V Offline
                      vlogin
                      last edited by

                      Any idea about frankel tutors around kembangan area?

                      I wish to enrol my child for secondary tuition subjects, but not sure which tutors are good?

                      Any feedback on Kent Ridge tutors around kembangan area?

                      Thanks in advance 🙂

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • M Offline
                        manickakumar.013283p
                        last edited by

                        Dear vlogin,

                        I would like to give you a strong recommendation about krtc at kembangan as their tutors are full time professionals. Each tutor is professional in particular subject and its level like either primary or secondary. So, what I feel is your child can good exposure towards the subject professionalism.

                        Thanks
                        Kumar

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 3
                        • 4
                        • 5
                        • 6
                        • 7
                        • 12
                        • 13
                        • 5 / 13
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        JK99J
                        JK99
                        jackieyeoJ
                        jackieyeo

                        Statistics

                        8

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy