Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Comparing Tuition Centres

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Multi-Disciplinary
    125 Posts 18 Posters 147.2k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • C Offline
      cookiemomster
      last edited by

      Hi parents,


      Anyone have any recommendations for good tuition centres teaching IB? Would like to enrol my daughter in one since her recent grades are not that good.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • N Offline
        NuttyPands
        last edited by

        Hi parents,

        Does anyone have a recommendation for a good private tutor for English and Science at the primary level? Bukit Timah area and preference for the tuition to be held at our home. Thanks in advance!

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • M Offline
          MCC2 parent
          last edited by

          Hi Mama123,


          I’m also checking is there any review on Writing Samurai? The review is not based on the online programme but more to the classroom setup on the Creative Writing course. Any review? Also how about other subject eg. Math and Science from Grade Solution which is also same partner with Writing Samurai.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • G Offline
            gaagaa
            last edited by

            Hi EasyLifegg, did you sign up with TSS after the visit? If yes, which subject your children sign up and care to share how is their teaching so far? Thank you!

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • M Offline
              Maltida
              last edited by

              I will like to give review to a tuition centre lil but mighty tuition centre. I do a lot of research for English tuition centre and finally came across this centre.

              Who knows I am so disappointed with the centre or should I say the teacher. The teacher taught my son wrongly and he got mistake for his school work I got to know when I go through with him and he show me what the teacher in the centre had taught then I realise. so disappointed and the fee is not cheap
              :moneyflies:

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • C Offline
                cherrygal
                last edited by

                Anyone tried Gavin tuition centre at upper Thomson? Fees are not cheap so would appreciate any feedback or review. Thanks

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • M Offline
                  Maltida
                  last edited by

                  AnneS:
                  I would recommend The learning lab to any parents.Our daughter has flourished in the school. The exploratory play based learning suited her well. She enjoyed going to school everyday and playing with her friends as well as learning from the teachers.

                  Hi may I know how long have your child with The learning lab?

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • joann_tohJ Offline
                    joann_toh
                    last edited by

                    Hi,


                    Anyone has reviews on GATE (Gifted And Talented Education) Enrichment Cente.

                    Thanks.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • F Offline
                      FindHomeTuition
                      last edited by

                      I think comparisons with tuition centres should be on a few fronts,


                      1. Rates (naturally a consideration as group tuition should not be too costly)
                      2. Quality of the teachers (some centres are focused on their super tutors)
                      3. Suitability (some centres teach curriculum that follows some schools but not others)
                      4. Resources (do they have access to current year papers? other schools papers?)
                      5. Improvements in grades of your DS/DD

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • S Offline
                        sunnysunflower00
                        last edited by

                        Maltida:
                        I will like to give review to a tuition centre lil but mighty tuition centre. I do a lot of research for English tuition centre and finally came across this centre.

                        Who knows I am so disappointed with the centre or should I say the teacher. The teacher taught my son wrongly and he got mistake for his school work I got to know when I go through with him and he show me what the teacher in the centre had taught then I realise. so disappointed and the fee is not cheap
                        :moneyflies:
                        What was the error? From what I see, they seemed to be good in English?

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 8
                        • 9
                        • 10
                        • 11
                        • 12
                        • 13
                        • 10 / 13
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        tzenoT
                        tzeno

                        Statistics

                        6

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy