Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Catholic Primary Schools

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
    184 Posts 59 Posters 137.6k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • phankaoP Offline
      phankao
      last edited by

      janet_lee88:

      As long as it's a girl, she will be vain. ?
      Really meh? My soon-to-be 17yo not vain at all leh.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • janet88J Offline
        janet88
        last edited by

        phankao:
        janet_lee88:


        As long as it's a girl, she will be vain. ?

        Really meh? My soon-to-be 17yo not vain at all leh.

        I know for sure I am not the make-up/nails/girly stuff...definitely didn't get it from me. A friend of mine who has a daughter in IJ (upp pri) advised me to keep daughter grounded...even SIL told me the same thing. Her daughter was bullied in an all girls school.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • phankaoP Offline
          phankao
          last edited by

          janet_lee88:
          phankao:

          [quote=\"janet_lee88\"]
          As long as it's a girl, she will be vain. ?

          Really meh? My soon-to-be 17yo not vain at all leh.

          I know for sure I am not the make-up/nails/girly stuff...definitely didn't get it from me. A friend of mine who has a daughter in IJ (upp pri) advised me to keep daughter grounded...even SIL told me the same thing. Her daughter was bullied in an all girls school.[/quote]My girl was from CHIJ school also. For 10 years! She tells me that they are of the opinion that girls their ages shouldn't have boyfriends. Only get bfs when start working. 😄 So, this is what she has been learning from her seniors and discussing among her fellow students ... I don't know if she'd change her mind! Now going into JC, would be in co-ed situation for 1st time. I must say though that she has never found any of the guys in any of her classes, eg. in school or other classes, cool or interesting. She always thinks they are geeky or juvenile.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • janet88J Offline
            janet88
            last edited by

            phankao:
            janet_lee88:

            [quote=\"phankao\"]
            Really meh? My soon-to-be 17yo not vain at all leh.

            I know for sure I am not the make-up/nails/girly stuff...definitely didn't get it from me. A friend of mine who has a daughter in IJ (upp pri) advised me to keep daughter grounded...even SIL told me the same thing. Her daughter was bullied in an all girls school.

            My girl was from CHIJ school also. For 10 years! She tells me that they are of the opinion that girls their ages shouldn't have boyfriends. Only get bfs when start working. 😄 So, this is what she has been learning from her seniors and discussing among her fellow students ... I don't know if she'd change her mind! Now going into JC, would be in co-ed situation for 1st time. I must say though that she has never found any of the guys in any of her classes, eg. in school or other classes, cool or interesting. She always thinks they are geeky or juvenile.[/quote]I do hope my daughter tells me the same thing 🙏 SIL's daughter in St Nicholas tells her mother her classmates have boyfriends (she is in P6). Really hope her seniors set a good example for the younger girls.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • phankaoP Offline
              phankao
              last edited by

              janet_lee88:
              phankao:



              My girl was from CHIJ school also. For 10 years! She tells me that they are of the opinion that girls their ages shouldn't have boyfriends. Only get bfs when start working. 😄 So, this is what she has been learning from her seniors and discussing among her fellow students ... I don't know if she'd change her mind! Now going into JC, would be in co-ed situation for 1st time. I must say though that she has never found any of the guys in any of her classes, eg. in school or other classes, cool or interesting. She always thinks they are geeky or juvenile.

              I do hope my daughter tells me the same thing 🙏 SIL's daughter in St Nicholas tells her mother her classmates have boyfriends (she is in P6). Really hope her seniors set a good example for the younger girls.

              Ah, I guess my daughter was never really very \"girly\". Quite down-to-earth.

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • janet88J Offline
                janet88
                last edited by

                phankao:
                janet_lee88:

                [quote=\"phankao\"]

                My girl was from CHIJ school also. For 10 years! She tells me that they are of the opinion that girls their ages shouldn't have boyfriends. Only get bfs when start working. 😄 So, this is what she has been learning from her seniors and discussing among her fellow students ... I don't know if she'd change her mind! Now going into JC, would be in co-ed situation for 1st time.

                I do hope my daughter tells me the same thing 🙏 SIL's daughter in St Nicholas tells her mother her classmates have boyfriends (she is in P6). Really hope her seniors set a good example for the younger girls.

                Ah, I guess my daughter was never really very \"girly\". Quite down-to-earth.[/quote]I'm watching my daughter's behaviour. Still early to tell since just finished 2nd week of P1. But will try to get her to confide in me. A former school mate also has a daughter in P1...she told me her daughter doesn't seem to have anything to share about school...when asked her, 'what did you do in school today ?' Daughter's reply (like mine) is, 'Nothing'.

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • phankaoP Offline
                  phankao
                  last edited by

                  janet_lee88:

                  I'm watching my daughter's behaviour. Still early to tell since just finished 2nd week of P1. But will try to get her to confide in me. A former school mate also has a daughter in P1...she told me her daughter doesn't seem to have anything to share about school...when asked her, 'what did you do in school today ?' Daughter's reply (like mine) is, 'Nothing'.
                  Haha - standard reply was \"I don't know\". Until one fine day I said \"do you know how stupid you make yourself sound with that reply?\"... so her next reply became \"I am not aware of these things\". 😢

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • 2 Offline
                    24hr-mum
                    last edited by

                    my girl just p3, but dislikes wearing skirts and dresses. kept wearing tights and tops. she avoids sleevless or spaghetti tops. duno why the change. she used to love spaghetti tops when she was younger.

                    tho i dont wish her to be vain but also dun want her to be too square.
                    and now i m trying to get her to wear dresses so that she wont become too square or tom boy nx time.

                    i mean, i do hope she will grow up know how to dress up but not too sexy lah. not just jeans and t-shirts u know.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • janet88J Offline
                      janet88
                      last edited by

                      phankao:
                      janet_lee88:


                      I'm watching my daughter's behaviour. Still early to tell since just finished 2nd week of P1. But will try to get her to confide in me. A former school mate also has a daughter in P1...she told me her daughter doesn't seem to have anything to share about school...when asked her, 'what did you do in school today ?' Daughter's reply (like mine) is, 'Nothing'.

                      Haha - standard reply was \"I don't know\". Until one fine day I said \"do you know how stupid you make yourself sound with that reply?\"... so her next reply became \"I am not aware of these things\". 😢

                      True, 'I don't know' is a very stupid thing to say.
                      I'll ask this question after school today and see what she has to say.
                      😉

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • S Offline
                        snoozee
                        last edited by

                        My husband is an old boy from St. Stephen, and we had a girl. Sorry if this may sounds like a stupid qns, but since St. Stephen is a boy’s schools, does that means we had no priority to other Catholic primary schools?

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 12
                        • 13
                        • 14
                        • 15
                        • 16
                        • 17
                        • 18
                        • 19
                        • 14 / 19
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        iworkI
                        iwork

                        Statistics

                        1

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy