Is GEP really necessary?
-
jtoh:
So maybe we should have NUS Primary School for Math and Science Geniuses, and Primary School for Gifted Literary and Linguistics Talents and School for Pre-Teen Chinese Scholars? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:[/quote] :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
the gripe here is not the support from NUSH, but before he enters NUSHverykiasu2010:
[quote=\"Sun_2010\"]
LJ has good support of his sec school, so how come it becomes MOE's failure I dont see. Yes he was not talent spotted early on but once his calibre was known , he has been provided with good support. -
ksi:
Nebbermind:
Have not been following LJ story. Did MOE claim credit for LJ's achievement?
No, they did not. I gave credit that the screening test was sound enough to not put him in the programme and get concussion from the English, his mum also said the rigors of English would not suit him. So I highlight this as a positive thing of MOE as opposed to the other view that screening was not accurate and screened LJ out.....
Thanks jtoh and Ksi for the (n+1) th clarification .
Moe getting credits for not spotting and nurturing gifted ones like LJ in their gifted program ???
Sun_2010, you are hilarious. I can see many parents are themselves the gifted types though . -
Melodies:
Haha...melodies, good to hear you joke about this crying of not fair...and being all rounded r not gifted...... Never ending right? :rotflmao:Then u will see the pre teen Chinese scorer r all PRC from china! So the mainstream schools for all rounded pupils? R they gifted? Being all rounded r not gifted. Not fair. - I can hear this resounding... Kekeke...
-
ksi:
Makes my belief that they r looking for administrators even stronger. Why look out for a rocket scientist? Aren't we the richest country? :roll: Can always pay someone to deliver the rocket!!Nebbermind:
Have not been following LJ story. Did MOE claim credit for LJ's achievement?
No, they did not. I gave credit that the screening test was sound enough to not put him in the programme and get concussion from the English, his mum also said the rigors of English would not suit him. So I highlight this as a positive thing of MOE as opposed to the other view that screening was not accurate and screened LJ out.....
But seriously, perhaps that's why they take SS so seriously...and also, I think they even went thru Animal Farm...my O level lit text!! :oops: -
Melodies:
Then only the well-fed all-rounded Chinese PRCs will be in the programme. Excel in Chinese and well-rounded what. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:Then u will see the pre teen Chinese scorerS r all PRC from china! So the mainstream schools r for all rounded pupils? R they gifted? Being all rounded r not gifted. Why not? One mom has already said it is difficult to score >262. Not fair. - I can hear this resounding... Kekeke...
-
Nebbermind:
Makes my belief that they r looking for administrators even stronger. Why look out for a rocket scientist? Aren't we the richest country? :roll: Can always pay someone to deliver the rocket!!ksi:
[quote=\"Nebbermind\"]Have not been following LJ story. Did MOE claim credit for LJ's achievement?
No, they did not. I gave credit that the screening test was sound enough to not put him in the programme and get concussion from the English, his mum also said the rigors of English would not suit him. So I highlight this as a positive thing of MOE as opposed to the other view that screening was not accurate and screened LJ out.....
But seriously, perhaps that's why they take SS so seriously...and also, I think they even went thru Animal Farm...my O level lit text!! :oops:[/quote]Hahaha! Yes, just buy the rocket.
Can't remember now, Animal Farm was P4/5 literature text right?
-
jtoh:
Think P5 kwah. My boy actually used my copy of the text!!! :oops:
Hahaha! Yes, just buy the rocket.
Can't remember now, Animal Farm was P4/5 literature text right? -
Sun_2010:
no lah! is the parents at KSP argue until siao liaoverykiasu2010:
[quote=\"Chenonceau\"]
If his parents had not enriched him in Primary school, he would be nowhere today... maybe in and out of IMH?
no more post from me, gotta go, me got appt at IMH.[/quote]how many patients at IMH do you see on an average day ? :evil: -
cherryc:
ksi:
[quote=\"Nebbermind\"]Have not been following LJ story. Did MOE claim credit for LJ's achievement?
No, they did not. I gave credit that the screening test was sound enough to not put him in the programme and get concussion from the English, his mum also said the rigors of English would not suit him. So I highlight this as a positive thing of MOE as opposed to the other view that screening was not accurate and screened LJ out.....
Thanks jtoh and Ksi for the (n+1) th clarification .
Moe getting credits for not spotting and nurturing gifted ones like LJ????
Sun_2010, you are hilarious. I can see many parents are themselves the gifted types though .[/quote]Sorry cherryc, this is another nth time about LJ and the last for me.. ..I know LJ is a happy boy and his wise parents played a big part. Not being in a programme not suitable is also a blessing you know and his wise parents know better.
If there is a need to propose a special platform for such kids, do it another way, not demolish a system for another group to do this and it is not right to keep mocking at MOE's current selection process using LJ. This demolition may not be your suggestion but please read the posts and ascertain for yourself. -
Nebbermind:
Makes my belief that they r looking for administrators even stronger. Why look out for a rocket scientist? Aren't we the richest country? :roll: Can always pay someone to deliver the rocket!!ksi:
[quote=\"Nebbermind\"]Have not been following LJ story. Did MOE claim credit for LJ's achievement?
No, they did not. I gave credit that the screening test was sound enough to not put him in the programme and get concussion from the English, his mum also said the rigors of English would not suit him. So I highlight this as a positive thing of MOE as opposed to the other view that screening was not accurate and screened LJ out.....
But seriously, perhaps that's why they take SS so seriously...and also, I think they even went thru Animal Farm...my O level lit text!! :oops:[/quote]haha they do! all animals are equal but some animals are more equal.
define whatever some means. in any other system leaving out a LJ would have made a joke out of a gifted system, not the gEP though. SingApore has its own gods. haha... what will foreign press say?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better š
Register Login