Retractable Clothesline recommendations?
-
We got ours from this company: http://www.tame.com.sg/products1.htm
-
Hi, has anyone used retractable clotheslines? I am thinking of installing one in my balcony to get extra space for drying my laundry sometimes when I have a larger washing load.
-
I am thinking of using the one that can stretch from one end of the balcony to the other when in use, and when not in use, it can be retracted back into a casing. Not sure if it is good, care to give me some advice or recommendations?
-
Sweet Joy:
I am thinking of using the one that can stretch from one end of the balcony to the other when in use, and when not in use, it can be retracted back into a casing. Not sure if it is good, care to give me some advice or recommendations?
Hi,
Like those found in hotel bathroom? Homefix carries one, white in colour, retailing at $30+. I contemplated installing one in my bathroom but found it not durable looking enough. You may wish to check with them. -
Go to any DIY shop and see for yourself.
-
Fairy:
Sweet Joy:
I am thinking of using the one that can stretch from one end of the balcony to the other when in use, and when not in use, it can be retracted back into a casing. Not sure if it is good, care to give me some advice or recommendations?
Hi,
Like those found in hotel bathroom? Homefix carries one, white in colour, retailing at $30+. I contemplated installing one in my bathroom but found it not durable looking enough. You may wish to check with them.
Hi, I am thinking of installing a durable one that has 5 lines. Found out that it costs about $300 plus. No time to go and see the products. Wonder if it is good? Just like to hear some comments from those who have installed. Thank you for replying. -
Hi
We have the same idea as you, as we only get sun from our living room balcony not from service balcony. We have been hunting for it for a while, and I can tell you there are not many retractable clothesline vendors in the market - and you are right the price is in the range of $300 - $400. If you stay near the West, you can visit a shop at Furniture Mall, they have varieties display at the shop showroom.
2 days ago, we finally found the 2-poles retractable (with each pole has 12-holes for cloth hanger), with handle pulley system at Balestiar. We felt that the 2-poles looks more presentable (near living room) and practical as it serves as an extra clothliner (since we are also using the one at service balcony) or clothes that need extra sun. Happy hunting. -
mel2sg:
Thanks for sharing. I have finally installed too. However, mine is not the pulley system. It has 5 lines which allows me to hang quite sufficiently at my balcony. After my clothes are dried, I can retract the lines into a case. My balcony is freed up. Have it for a few days and liking it.Hi
We have the same idea as you, as we only get sun from our living room balcony not from service balcony. We have been hunting for it for a while, and I can tell you there are not many retractable clothesline vendors in the market - and you are right the price is in the range of $300 - $400. If you stay near the West, you can visit a shop at Furniture Mall, they have varieties display at the shop showroom.
2 days ago, we finally found the 2-poles retractable (with each pole has 12-holes for cloth hanger), with handle pulley system at Balestiar. We felt that the 2-poles looks more presentable (near living room) and practical as it serves as an extra clothliner (since we are also using the one at service balcony) or clothes that need extra sun. Happy hunting. -
sweetjoy
can you share where you got your retractable lines and how much is it? Are the lines sturdy for heavy duty clothing? thanks -
kiasuguru:
sweetjoy
can you share where you got your retractable lines and how much is it? Are the lines sturdy for heavy duty clothing? thanks
Hi, I got them from Clik Enterprise. You might want to check out their website http://www.clikenterprise.com.
I think the lines are more for clothing of moderate weight. They are good for towels. For heavier clothing such as my jeans, I will hang them over two lines.
So far they have been serving me well since Dec last year. Balcony is clear when my laundry is dry and folded.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login