Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Palm View Primary

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    2.0k Posts 43 Posters 459.8k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • K Offline
      kpchua
      last edited by

      beaniecow:

      mine is in school scc. so far i got no idea what the actual time for lunch,bt at least they provide lunch,rest a while. maybe do some homework or worksheet,then tea break etc. which SCC ur child in
      They will changed into the t-shirt immediately after school and the staff will bring them for lunch. After that they will have a nap or do silent reading.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • C Offline
        ctmy
        last edited by

        shirleykek:
        Hi my son is in 3 Aristotle and gal in 1 Hillary. I find the pricing of the transport does not make sense to me. I was paying only 120 one way for my son last year from school to Punggol. I received the payment card asking for payment of 180. Two children will cost 360. Even though we are paying for 10month it still work out to be 150 per month this is 25% increase. may i check how much are you paying for the bus fee?

        Personally I feel that the fees are expensive. My neighbor who studies in Compassvale area pays only $80 for big bus. Even though now they charge only 10 months but the monthly rate has been jacked up. So its like change the soup but not the medicine. The school has said that we will not be worst off but it seems that this is not the case for me at least.

        BTW I am paying $168(for 10 months) for 1 way from school to student care in Hougang central area.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • S Offline
          shirleykek
          last edited by

          I agree with love kids in the Chinese learning. My son was asked to go to the enrichment class in p2 and he did struggle a lot. Everyday there is Chinese spelling. I hope this year will be better for the pace of learning if not think my son will give up pretty soon

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • B Offline
            beaniecow
            last edited by

            shirleykek:
            I agree with love kids in the Chinese learning. My son was asked to go to the enrichment class in p2 and he did struggle a lot. Everyday there is Chinese spelling. I hope this year will be better for the pace of learning if not think my son will give up pretty soon


            is the words very difficult or they are writing in sentence for their spelling

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • C Offline
              Chrismas Mummy
              last edited by

              dang:
              Hi fatmommy, beanicow, christmas mummy,


              Thanks for sharing. So ur kids all in school SCC? Tried to register my girl but unsuccessful. Wonder if they will have more vacancy... Feel so heartpain when see her having lunch around 3pm+...
              My son is not in school SCC, I found a nearer SCC near my home so that I can pick up him easily. He arrived SCC around 3pm,then shower and lunch. No choice only ask him eat more when recess at school. I am not sure other primary school recess time also 1030am?

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • S Offline
                shirleykek
                last edited by

                my son had to memorize paragraph like a mini Chinese compo when he was p2. everynight we are struggling with this. very tough. but i think it helps to train and remember the phrases and Chinese words. but to him it is a nightmare and nightmare is starting soon again!!!

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • D Offline
                  dandelion
                  last edited by

                  Hi my son is in 1 Galileo. Form teacher is Ms Fazlinda.


                  anyone wants to exchange contacts with me?

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • B Offline
                    beaniecow
                    last edited by

                    Updated list:

                    1 Aristotle - thefallenstardust, lovekids22,Mummylove_2000, AnxiousMam
                    1 Beethoven - aloevera, TheHockminatrix, ferline_kok, star_berry,Twinkle mum
                    1 Curie - Christmas mummy, mamacarebear
                    1 Da Vinci - Beaniecow,Jojo1979, Beanies10,YiEn010208
                    1 Edison
                    1 Frank- Awlim,L0v3mm,tomato65, bbyntbc,sbmummy
                    1 Galileo - dandelion
                    1 Hillary - Cheerbear,shirleykek

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • T Offline
                      TheHockminatrix
                      last edited by

                      ctmy:
                      shirleykek:

                      Hi my son is in 3 Aristotle and gal in 1 Hillary. I find the pricing of the transport does not make sense to me. I was paying only 120 one way for my son last year from school to Punggol. I received the payment card asking for payment of 180. Two children will cost 360. Even though we are paying for 10month it still work out to be 150 per month this is 25% increase. may i check how much are you paying for the bus fee?


                      Personally I feel that the fees are expensive. My neighbor who studies in Compassvale area pays only $80 for big bus. Even though now they charge only 10 months but the monthly rate has been jacked up. So its like change the soup but not the medicine. The school has said that we will not be worst off but it seems that this is not the case for me at least.

                      BTW I am paying $168(for 10 months) for 1 way from school to student care in Hougang central area.

                      Me too: $168 for one-way. Am at Buangkok Crescent.

                      Starting to wonder how the school appoints their transport vendor. What are they measured on? How do they determine their prices? And is any agency regulating this sector?

                      Was just discussing this with a GF over lunch today and she was \"kind\" enough to put this into perspective for me: the \"suay\" sector families must prepare to spend $1,680 per child this year on school transport alone.

                      And barely 6 months ago, I was deluded enough to \"dream\" I can budget $80 for school transport ... LOL

                      Sorry peeps, don't mean to be making a bigger deal about this than usual ... but the idea is making me more and more uncomfortable. Why do we not have a choice?

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • R Offline
                        roselineong
                        last edited by

                        I agreed the fee is overpriced especially with the condition of the bus which I done a comparison. I had called up the boss up and provided my feedback but seem like this will not change. Do you think by speaking to the school, they will help to relook at the fee and the condition of the bus. They are sending my child home with the little blue run down van. ๐Ÿ˜ž

                        TheHockminatrix:
                        ctmy:

                        [quote=\"shirleykek\"]Hi my son is in 3 Aristotle and gal in 1 Hillary. I find the pricing of the transport does not make sense to me. I was paying only 120 one way for my son last year from school to Punggol. I received the payment card asking for payment of 180. Two children will cost 360. Even though we are paying for 10month it still work out to be 150 per month this is 25% increase. may i check how much are you paying for the bus fee?


                        Personally I feel that the fees are expensive. My neighbor who studies in Compassvale area pays only $80 for big bus. Even though now they charge only 10 months but the monthly rate has been jacked up. So its like change the soup but not the medicine. The school has said that we will not be worst off but it seems that this is not the case for me at least.

                        BTW I am paying $168(for 10 months) for 1 way from school to student care in Hougang central area.

                        Me too: $168 for one-way. Am at Buangkok Crescent.

                        Starting to wonder how the school appoints their transport vendor. What are they measured on? How do they determine their prices? And is any agency regulating this sector?

                        Was just discussing this with a GF over lunch today and she was \"kind\" enough to put this into perspective for me: the \"suay\" sector families must prepare to spend $1,680 per child this year on school transport alone.

                        And barely 6 months ago, I was deluded enough to \"dream\" I can budget $80 for school transport ... LOL

                        Sorry peeps, don't mean to be making a bigger deal about this than usual ... but the idea is making me more and more uncomfortable. Why do we not have a choice?[/quote]

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 155
                        • 156
                        • 157
                        • 158
                        • 159
                        • 199
                        • 200
                        • 157 / 200
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        2

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy