Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    Palm View Primary

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Parent Networking Groups
    2.0k Posts 43 Posters 459.8k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • lovekids22L Offline
      lovekids22
      last edited by

      Primary one hours for 2015 is from 8am (needs to report to school at 7.45am) to 2 pm from Monday to Friday.


      From what I know, the school doesn't seem to be teaching 弟子规. Seriously, I hope they don't ever start on this 弟子规 thing. I have read it before and to be frank, I got As for my chinese during O levels and yet until now, I don't appreciate this way of learning chinese. I know some kids were taught to memorize the verses, but seriously, I do not know if they understand in detail what they are memorizing about. Yes, I agree when they learned the verses, they should be some form of translation to explain the verses, but the way the chinese words are formed together, I am still not attracted to it. Anyway, this is just my personal opinion therefore hope that some parents who are in favor of 弟子规 will not be upset about my comments. :please:

      Lovekids22

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • lovekids22L Offline
        lovekids22
        last edited by

        Primary one hours for 2015 is from 8am (needs to report to school at 7.45am) to 2 pm from Monday to Friday.


        From what I know, the school doesn't seem to be teaching 弟子规. Seriously, I hope they don't ever start on this 弟子规 thing. I have read it before and to be frank, I got As for my chinese during O levels and yet until now, I don't appreciate this way of learning chinese. I know some kids were taught to memorize the verses, but seriously, I do not know if they understand in detail what they are memorizing about. Yes, I agree when they learned the verses, they should be some form of translation to explain the verses, but the way the chinese words are formed together, I am still not attracted to it. Anyway, this is just my personal opinion therefore hope that some parents who are in favor of 弟子规 will not be upset about my comments. :please:

        Lovekids22

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • icy_limeI Offline
          icy_lime
          last edited by

          Hi parents, does your children feedback to u on their Chinese language teachers? Heard some "not so nice" comments from a same block neighbour and would like to verify it.

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • J Offline
            joytotheworld
            last edited by

            Dear all parents,


            I’m a mommy who will be registering my girl to P1 for 2016. Would like to gather more feedback of parents who can share on the calibre of teachers for P1 classes. Kindly share the school culture with me as I have missed out the online registration for the PV open house.

            Thank you in advance.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • K Offline
              kpchua
              last edited by

              Blissedsher:
              can i check if p1 students do learn about the 弟子规

              https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... SbTV2_UFy4

              Do you think 弟子规 is enough? 😂 😂 :lol:

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • K Offline
                kpchua
                last edited by

                icy_lime:
                Hi parents, does your children feedback to u on their Chinese language teachers? Heard some \"not so nice\" comments from a same block neighbour and would like to verify it.

                So far no negative comment for 2 different Chinese teachers for the last 2 years. What comments from your neighbour, teaching methods or attitudes?

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • icy_limeI Offline
                  icy_lime
                  last edited by

                  Attitude…she said her friend went for a sch visit(recently I think) and there was a P2 Chinese teacher using a mic telling a child off with nasty comment like "u believe I throw it down from level 2"…I found it unbelievable as I does go to the sch for PV duties previously n I don’t hear much of teachers screaming nor scolding. So perhaps its nt true…

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • lovekids22L Offline
                    lovekids22
                    last edited by

                    icy_lime:
                    Attitude...she said her friend went for a sch visit(recently I think) and there was a P2 Chinese teacher using a mic telling a child off with nasty comment like \"u believe I throw it down from level 2\"....I found it unbelievable as I does go to the sch for PV duties previously n I don't hear much of teachers screaming nor scolding. So perhaps its nt true....


                    My boy who is currently in P1 has no issues with his Chinese teacher. My personal view is that maybe the kid might have received several warnings until the teacher felt that it is time to use the method? I have told my boy, as long as he doesn't do anything wrong, the teacher will not scold. In other words, it is the kid's responsibility to be a good student. As long as the teachers doesn't lay hands on the kid, it is fine. i believe discipline is very important and parents does play an important role in this as well.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • B Offline
                      Blissedsher
                      last edited by

                      lovekids22:
                      Primary one hours for 2015 is from 8am (needs to report to school at 7.45am) to 2 pm from Monday to Friday.


                      From what I know, the school doesn't seem to be teaching 弟子规. Seriously, I hope they don't ever start on this 弟子规 thing. I have read it before and to be frank, I got As for my chinese during O levels and yet until now, I don't appreciate this way of learning chinese. I know some kids were taught to memorize the verses, but seriously, I do not know if they understand in detail what they are memorizing about. Yes, I agree when they learned the verses, they should be some form of translation to explain the verses, but the way the chinese words are formed together, I am still not attracted to it. Anyway, this is just my personal opinion therefore hope that some parents who are in favor of 弟子规 will not be upset about my comments. :please:

                      Lovekids22
                      thanks for your reply was just checking as the website indicated it ..

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • C Offline
                        ctmy
                        last edited by

                        Anyone P3 parents attended the Breakfast with Principal Talk? Can share what were being discussed? Unable to attend.


                        Thanks.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 163
                        • 164
                        • 165
                        • 166
                        • 167
                        • 199
                        • 200
                        • 165 / 200
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        mistycloudM
                        mistycloud

                        Statistics

                        7

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy