Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    [Queenstown] Primary Schools

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
    350 Posts 87 Posters 227.5k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • F Offline
      fionaufy
      last edited by

      i meant last year**

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • N Offline
        Ng wan yi
        last edited by

        my ds will be register for P1 this July. not sure whcich school to choose.

        new town or queenstown.
        anyone has the same situation as me?

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • L Offline
          Luanee
          last edited by

          fionaufy:
          last time no balloting needed below 1km for Fairfield, am i right?

          fionaufy:
          i meant last year**
          Yes there was no balloting in FMPS in phase 2C for those staying within 1km last year (2009). But in the previous 3 years (2006-2008), there were balloting for those staying within 1km. So it would be a close call, in my opinion. Hopefully this year will be same as last's, good luck!

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • P Offline
            pinkycheeks
            last edited by

            Hi Parents


            My son will be registering for P1 this year. Initially, I thought of putting my son in Fairfield Methodist Pri. I stayed in Dover and it's less than 1km away. I am a Muslim and I know that the school's beliefs and practice are different, yet I have some Muslim friends who have put their children there and told me not to worry.

            What I'm worrying right now is, whether my son is able to cope with the education standard. I was told that the standard is so high. My son is a very shy boy. He rarely speaks up and has reading disabilities. His K2 teacher have also expressed concerns that he may not be able to cope academically if he still can't read. I have since enrolled him in phonics classes and read with him every nite. I'm worried that with a standard so high, he will be left with low self esteem when he goes to such schools. It's weeks away to P1 registration and I can't help to think if I should put him in another neighbourhood school. My next choice would be Clementi Pri (3km) as I'm able to register him under Phase 2A2 as my husband is an ex student. But I have to say that he is an independent and has a willing to learn. He is also interested is in sports and fun learning. I dun believe in setting high expectations on my children, but i want them to love school and it's environment, not get stressed over going to school.

            I hope parents from Fairfield Methodist Pri can share more info with me on how the education standard, teachers, environment over there.

            šŸ™

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • M Offline
              moulin
              last edited by

              fionaufy:
              we stay below 1km and so stress and worry my daughter cant get in the school..

              Me too. We are stress even staying below 1km... for both Henry Park and Fairfield

              the only thing is šŸ™

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • C Offline
                citygirl
                last edited by

                pinkycheeks:
                Hi Parents


                My son will be registering for P1 this year. Initially, I thought of putting my son in Fairfield Methodist Pri. I stayed in Dover and it's less than 1km away. I am a Muslim and I know that the school's beliefs and practice are different, yet I have some Muslim friends who have put their children there and told me not to worry.

                What I'm worrying right now is, whether my son is able to cope with the education standard. I was told that the standard is so high. My son is a very shy boy. He rarely speaks up and has reading disabilities. His K2 teacher have also expressed concerns that he may not be able to cope academically if he still can't read. I have since enrolled him in phonics classes and read with him every nite. I'm worried that with a standard so high, he will be left with low self esteem when he goes to such schools. It's weeks away to P1 registration and I can't help to think if I should put him in another neighbourhood school. My next choice would be Clementi Pri (3km) as I'm able to register him under Phase 2A2 as my husband is an ex student. But I have to say that he is an independent and has a willing to learn. He is also interested is in sports and fun learning. I dun believe in setting high expectations on my children, but i want them to love school and it's environment, not get stressed over going to school.

                I hope parents from Fairfield Methodist Pri can share more info with me on how the education standard, teachers, environment over there.

                šŸ™
                Hi Pinkycheeks,

                I studied at Fairfield many, many years ago and things may have changed, but in my time, the teachers were very caring and patient. I struggled with Mandarin as I had a zero-Mandarin background but still pulled through in the end.

                Why don't you call the schools and talk to the staff, or better yet, the principal? Don't wait till P1 registration starts, when they may be too busy. From your conversation with both schools, you'll be able to gauge their attitude towards children who need special attention, can find out whether there had been other students like your son and how they helped them, whether there are any special programs they offer, how do they grade the children, what their teaching philosophy is, eg. if they try to make learning fun...

                Talk to other parents too and then hopefully, you'll be able to come to a decision. I wish you all the best and hope that you can find the perfect school for your son! Good luck! šŸ˜„

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • P Offline
                  pinkycheeks
                  last edited by

                  Hi citygirl


                  Thanks for yr advise. Will look into that idea. šŸ˜„

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • B Offline
                    bdgees
                    last edited by

                    moulin:
                    fionaufy:

                    we stay below 1km and so stress and worry my daughter cant get in the school..


                    Me too. We are stress even staying below 1km... for both Henry Park and Fairfield

                    the only thing is šŸ™

                    I saw from the balloting history of Fairfield, the app is 0% and the tur is 100% for phase 2C supp. what does it mean?
                    if I stay <1km and unlucky to get balloting in phase 2C, will I be in the phase 2C supp then get accepted? someone please enlighten me...

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • B Offline
                      BigDevil
                      last edited by

                      bdgees:
                      I saw from the balloting history of Fairfield, the app is 0% and the tur is 100% for phase 2C supp. what does it mean?

                      if I stay <1km and unlucky to get balloting in phase 2C, will I be in the phase 2C supp then get accepted? someone please enlighten me...
                      0% app means that there are no applicants in that phase. With a 100% TUR under phase 2C, it means all places have been filled by end of Phase 2C, so no places left for phase 2C supp, which is expected of a popular school like Fairfield.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • M Offline
                        moulin
                        last edited by

                        Recently received rejection letter for PV from Fairfield Methodist PS.


                        So, I die die must go for balloting. Anyone know what is the actual process, like what is the balloting slip like? How do I know I got the "TOTO" or not? I will have 2 slips.

                        Many thanks

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better šŸ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 8
                        • 9
                        • 10
                        • 11
                        • 12
                        • 34
                        • 35
                        • 10 / 35
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        1

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy