All About Getting Priority Registration
-
Actually it doesn’t mean going to a good school will guarantee success in life… still depend on the child. I think.
for me, we are lucky that our old schools are still around and we are staying not far from the old school. -
janet_lee88:
Agree with you janet_lee88.. ...especially the last part on not telling the kids..Hi hquek,
Most of us register our darlings using the transparent process...for those who have some links to the school by lucky way, please keep quiet about it. I'm sure no principal of any school would want to face the board of directors at MOE (ie if news spread). Keep a low profile and NEVER tell the kids.
Backdoor wide open only if you know where to look.. ...
-
tree nymph:
Actually it doesn't mean going to a good school will guarantee success in life... still depend on the child. I think.
Yes, I totally agree. We can just open the door for them but the rest is depend on their hardwork. -
auntieM:
Yes, not so healthy to spread around this \"backdoor\" thing. I got my dd into the school thru 2B PV and I told her that. I have stopped after the required 40hrs. But now she ask me to continue even after she is in P2 now. The reason is her classmates' parents are doing PV too. :stupid:
Agree with you janet_lee88.. ...especially the last part on not telling the kids..janet_lee88:
Hi hquek,
Most of us register our darlings using the transparent process...for those who have some links to the school by lucky way, please keep quiet about it. I'm sure no principal of any school would want to face the board of directors at MOE (ie if news spread). Keep a low profile and NEVER tell the kids.
Backdoor wide open only if you know where to look.. ...

-
Yes, JR’s rich and he has resources which we do not have. But he’s also very approachable and down to earth.
Just this morning when it’s raining, he sent his daughter to school…on a bicycle. -
KSP:
wow, so young already got peer pressure!!!
I got my dd into the school thru 2B PV and I told her that. I have stopped after the required 40hrs. But now she ask me to continue even after she is in P2 now. The reason is her classmates' parents are doing PV too. :stupid:
:shock: -
Well, as parents we can try our best to put them in good schools (where possible) but whether the kids want to study/work hard to get into choice secondary schools is really up to them. We can only open the door for them. Like what I always tell my son, ‘we have done what we can…do PV to get you into the school, coach you in daily work, provide tuition, but what secondary school you want, it’s really up to YOU and YOU ALONE to work hard for it’.
auntieM,
Kids CANNOT be trusted to keep secrets. -
tree nymph,
When my son has to go for excursion, he ‘puts down’ my name without letting me know :x I told him I will try to help but at least inform me FIRST. Kids now 要面子 so they compare and try to outdo each other using their parents.
Hubby & I still volunteer every year, but purely because we want to know how he interacts with his classmates. But next year, I will try to make time (if possible) for my daughter who is going to P1. -
ke…ke…kee…janet_lee88,
As for those waiting for transfer, I heard from friend DS’s both new classmates are foreigners from Hong Kong and India… …um umm -
auntieM:
For those parents who somehow or other got into the choice school through lucky means, they have to be hush hush. Don't blurt out in a fit of anger (when kid doesn't cooperate/or get homework done) that they did this and that to put them in the school. HaHaHa. Just joking.ke..ke..kee...janet_lee88,
As for those waiting for transfer, I heard from friend DS's both new classmates are foreigners from Hong Kong and India.. ...um umm
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login