Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    All About Getting Priority Registration

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary Schools - Selection & Registration
    520 Posts 152 Posters 387.7k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • P Offline
      parentsof2
      last edited by

      Hi fellow parents,


      I’m a total newbie to primary registration and my elder kid is currently 4 years.

      I have checked out that i falls under phase 2A (2), i’m a former student of Nanyang Primary.

      I’ve been led to believe that phase 2 A(2) is a confirmed entry. Is that true? else what can i do to enhance my probabilities? (I heard voluntary, grassroot activities and alumni help)

      Also as I’m thinking of moving to Yio Chu Kang Area, I’m worried the children will be tire out by the distance, thought of enrolling them to a neighborhood school instead.
      Does the choice of school makes a big difference?

      Please advise.

      thanks,

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • M Offline
        mummy of 3
        last edited by

        parentsof2:
        Hi fellow parents,


        I'm a total newbie to primary registration and my elder kid is currently 4 years.

        I have checked out that i falls under phase 2A (2), i'm a former student of Nanyang Primary.

        I've been led to believe that phase 2 A(2) is a confirmed entry. Is that true? else what can i do to enhance my probabilities? (I heard voluntary, grassroot activities and alumni help)

        Also as I'm thinking of moving to Yio Chu Kang Area, I'm worried the children will be tire out by the distance, thought of enrolling them to a neighborhood school instead.
        Does the choice of school makes a big difference?

        Please advise.

        thanks,
        Y dun u move nearer to NYPS?

        Btw lets wait for the MOE to announce if there are any changes for the Phase.
        If not, normally under P2A2 can hv 99% get a place. 😉
        No need to pay $1000 to join alumni for P2A1

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • P Offline
          parentsof2
          last edited by

          mummy of 3:
          parentsof2:

          Hi fellow parents,


          I'm a total newbie to primary registration and my elder kid is currently 4 years.

          I have checked out that i falls under phase 2A (2), i'm a former student of Nanyang Primary.

          I've been led to believe that phase 2 A(2) is a confirmed entry. Is that true? else what can i do to enhance my probabilities? (I heard voluntary, grassroot activities and alumni help)

          Also as I'm thinking of moving to Yio Chu Kang Area, I'm worried the children will be tire out by the distance, thought of enrolling them to a neighborhood school instead.
          Does the choice of school makes a big difference?

          Please advise.

          thanks,

          Y dun u move nearer to NYPS?

          Btw lets wait for the MOE to announce if there are any changes for the Phase.
          If not, normally under P2A2 can hv 99% get a place. 😉
          No need to pay $1000 to join alumni for P2A1

          hi, residential property near nyps is beyond my reach.
          Wow you mean MOW will vary Phase 1 ?
          tks

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • K Offline
            KSP
            last edited by

            parentsof2:
            mummy of 3:

            [quote=\"parentsof2\"]Hi fellow parents,


            I'm a total newbie to primary registration and my elder kid is currently 4 years.

            I have checked out that i falls under phase 2A (2), i'm a former student of Nanyang Primary.

            I've been led to believe that phase 2 A(2) is a confirmed entry. Is that true? else what can i do to enhance my probabilities? (I heard voluntary, grassroot activities and alumni help)

            Also as I'm thinking of moving to Yio Chu Kang Area, I'm worried the children will be tire out by the distance, thought of enrolling them to a neighborhood school instead.
            Does the choice of school makes a big difference?

            Please advise.

            thanks,

            Y dun u move nearer to NYPS?

            Btw lets wait for the MOE to announce if there are any changes for the Phase.
            If not, normally under P2A2 can hv 99% get a place. 😉
            No need to pay $1000 to join alumni for P2A1

            hi, residential property near nyps is beyond my reach.
            Wow you mean MOW will vary Phase 1 ?
            tks[/quote]So far no need to ballot for P2A1/2. You can save the 1k for future tuition fee. 😂

            Parents volunteer and grassroot leaders fall under P2B so they won't enhance your chance.

            Many parents are dying to get a palce in NYPS and you want to give up :?

            Not forgetting that if your children get in, your grandchildren will also benefit (provided the same system remain unchanged). :celebrate:

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • P Offline
              parentsof2
              last edited by

              Tks for the useful advise.

              Me wife thought (after hearing from peers and friends) that nyps too competitive.
              And me? I’m just worried that the distance may be too far, depriving them the rest there deserve.

              Though I must admit that it’s better to suffer now than to suffer later in life.

              Pardon my ignorance, does the school really plays a big role in shaping the kids? Aren’t there all learning under the same MOE guidelines?

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • D Offline
                daddy2007
                last edited by

                KSP:

                Many parents are dying to get a palce in NYPS and you want to give up :?
                That does not mean the child can perform up to the mark in this elite school. How can the parents know the child ability at young age? Think too young to gauge at age 3-4. Although parents always biased and think their child is very clever and high IQ.

                If the child is bright, then he/she will have no problem going to IP or grifted programme when the selection time comes (think P3 or P4 right?).

                No problem to get a place but can he/she survive? Might do more harm (low self-esteem) than good if things don't work out

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • P Offline
                  parentsof2
                  last edited by

                  That does not mean the child can perform up to the mark in this elite school. How can the parents know the child ability at young age? Think too young to gauge at age 3-4. Although parents always biased and think their child is very clever and high IQ.


                  No problem to get a place but can he/she survive? Might do more harm (low self-esteem) than good if things don’t work out[/quote]

                  My worries that such school are so competitive that a typical children will find it difficult to cope.
                  I heard its common for kids as young as 8, 9 to attend tuition lessons.

                  Side track abit, for distance 2km balloting, it is the parents’ registration address that matters, does the grandparents’ address qualify? My children are being care by the grandparents.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • D Offline
                    daddy2007
                    last edited by

                    parentsof2:

                    My worries that such school are so competitive that a typical children will find it difficult to cope.
                    I heard its common for kids as young as 8, 9 to attend tuition lessons.
                    From what I heard from my colleagues, these branded schools expect (or hint strongly) that the child should go for intense tuition if he/she can't really copy in school. Cannot pull down the school standard right

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • K Offline
                      KSP
                      last edited by

                      parentsof2:
                      Side track abit, for distance 2km balloting, it is the parents' registration address that matters, does the grandparents' address qualify? My children are being care by the grandparents.

                      you can read http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=476 to find out more about using relative's address ....

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • P Offline
                        parentsof2
                        last edited by

                        KSP:
                        parentsof2:

                        Side track abit, for distance 2km balloting, it is the parents' registration address that matters, does the grandparents' address qualify? My children are being care by the grandparents.


                        you can read http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=476 to find out more about using relative's address ....

                        lovely, Thanks for the info

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 32
                        • 33
                        • 34
                        • 35
                        • 36
                        • 51
                        • 52
                        • 34 / 52
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        0

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy