Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    P2 Math - General Discussion

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary 2
    1.1k Posts 177 Posters 567.1k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • T Offline
      Tinkerbelle
      last edited by

      Brenda10:
      Tinkerbelle:

      I went to check \"Visible Thinking in Mathematics\" by Ammiel Wan out and in the end...just couldn't resist it and bought it. Gave it to DD2 last night and she said :whut: ...another assessment book? I find the book interesting and it covers the basic concepts as well as some heuristic questions like the ones Janet mentioned...8 men to the right, 8 men to the left..how many people are there etc. 😉


      Interesting. I'm also waiting to see the 6B book that cover the topics of speed and circle.

      Hi Brenda,

      Know what you mean...I am also waiting for the P6 books for DD1. Hope it's good too. 😉

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • C Offline
        Callie Tan
        last edited by

        Tinkerbelle:
        Callie Tan:

        [quote=\"plum-cake\"]I am chanting in my mind NO mOre Assesment books. :oops:


        Hahahaha... you are hilarious!! Yes I am going to stop the buying for the time being... realized my girl has ~6 to 7 assessments for each subject and the rate the school is going, we have a lot to catch up. My girl is almost done with number bonds and her english class is going quite fast too... really need to buck up so that we can catch up, hehehe.... but there again I dun wanna be too stressed up...

        Hi callie,

        Wow....that's quite a few assessment books you've got there..keke. Sounds like your DD's new sch is going at quite a fast pace. Hope your DD has settled into her new sch and enjoying it? :D[/quote]Not knowingly I have so many assessment books... and I had a stack of english worksheets from Marymount Convent School (her previous school) so there are really quite a lot to do... really have to stop buying liao.

        Yes, I was flipping thru her chinese and maths course books and realized they are going faster than I enticipated... So sometimes I really think how some kids are going to cope if they have no prior knowledge of the subjects or basic foundation knowledge... it's like the school expects you to know the stuff and they are just doing a quick revision now.

        She will cry every monday lor...but when I asked her how's school, her reply is an enthusiastic \"GOOD\"... I seriously don't know how to determine whether she has settled down or not....

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • C Offline
          Callie Tan
          last edited by

          Actually it’s really 买不完的, cos the last trip I went to Bishan popular, I found some NEW assessment books… some of the older ones sold out liao… so have decided to stop browsing!!!

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • janet88J Offline
            janet88
            last edited by

            Callie Tan:
            Actually it's really 买不完的, cos the last trip I went to Bishan popular, I found some NEW assessment books... some of the older ones sold out liao... so have decided to stop browsing!!!

            Assessment books are never ending...authors sometimes writes for 2 publishers. Then when you think just 'copy and paste' kinda buying for younger child, the series is discontinued.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • P Offline
              plum-cake
              last edited by

              Tinkerbelle:
              plum-cake:

              I'been to this forum \"Challenging Maths by Ammiel Wan - which grades?\"

              and saw something called BRANCH MODELLING .......the movement I saw that :faint: then I saw this \" visible thinking in mathematics\".....and im in :love: for that bk. A new addition to me but for my dd :nunchuk:

              and this onSponge is it available for p2 :rubhands:

              I went to check \"Visible Thinking in Mathematics\" by Ammiel Wan out and in the end...just couldn't resist it and bought it. Gave it to DD2 last night and she said :whut: ...another assessment book? 8 men to the right, 8 men to the left..how many people are there etc. 😉

              I saw that too...but didn't buy :lol: there are 2 parts ...2A and 2B each $8+.
              [quote]I find the book interesting and it covers the basic concepts as well as some heuristic questions like the ones Janet mentioned... [/quote]tempting.... :love:

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • P Offline
                plum-cake
                last edited by

                Callie Tan:
                Actually it's really 买不完的, cos the last trip I went to Bishan popular, I found some NEW assessment books... some of the older ones sold out liao... so have decided to stop browsing!!!

                Hey next time go to Toa Payoh popular. You'll be :scared: and :?

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • janet88J Offline
                  janet88
                  last edited by

                  Hi plum-cake,

                  Which title of 2A and 2B are you referring to ?
                  I know I am not supposed to walk into Popular but just curious.
                  My mum told me not to go to Popular...whole year 书 书 书 (sounds like 输 输 输). I told her I don't gamble, so it doesn't matter. :rotflmao:

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • T Offline
                    Tinkerbelle
                    last edited by

                    Callie Tan:
                    Yes, I was flipping thru her chinese and maths course books and realized they are going faster than I enticipated... So sometimes I really think how some kids are going to cope if they have no prior knowledge of the subjects or basic foundation knowledge... it's like the school expects you to know the stuff and they are just doing a quick revision now.


                    She will cry every monday lor...but when I asked her how's school, her reply is an enthusiastic \"GOOD\"... I seriously don't know how to determine whether she has settled down or not....
                    Ya, the sch tends to teach at quite a fast pace. Guess the sch anticipates that many parents will send their kids for enrichment lessons... so they should have some prior knowledge. For kids that are coached at home by parents, we must also keep up 😓 :imdrowning:

                    Callie, Your DD cries every Monday? Maybe it's just a case of Monday Blues. At least she tells you sch is good. As long as she's happy in sch. Give her some more time.....and i'm sure the Monday crying will soon stop too. :lol:

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • janet88J Offline
                      janet88
                      last edited by

                      For daughter's school, I have a strong feel teachers will speed up after CNY...can't be this slow for P1 :roll: . Anyway, I told my kids to buck up after CNY esp P5 son. It's not his school/teachers' style of being this relaxed everyday.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • T Offline
                        Tinkerbelle
                        last edited by

                        plum-cake:
                        Tinkerbelle:

                        [quote=\"plum-cake\"]I'been to this forum \"Challenging Maths by Ammiel Wan - which grades?\"

                        and saw something called BRANCH MODELLING .......the movement I saw that :faint: then I saw this \" visible thinking in mathematics\".....and im in :love: for that bk. A new addition to me but for my dd :nunchuk:

                        and this onSponge is it available for p2 :rubhands:

                        I went to check \"Visible Thinking in Mathematics\" by Ammiel Wan out and in the end...just couldn't resist it and bought it. Gave it to DD2 last night and she said :whut: ...another assessment book? 8 men to the right, 8 men to the left..how many people are there etc. 😉

                        I saw that too...but didn't buy :lol: there are 2 parts ...2A and 2B each $8+.
                        [quote]I find the book interesting and it covers the basic concepts as well as some heuristic questions like the ones Janet mentioned... [/quote]tempting.... :love:[/quote]Hi plum-cake,
                        Yeap, there are 2 books but I only bought 2A to expose DD to some non-routine questions as well. Will consider buying 2B only after she completes 2A.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 53
                        • 54
                        • 55
                        • 56
                        • 57
                        • 107
                        • 108
                        • 55 / 108
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users
                        andeliaA
                        andelia

                        Statistics

                        7

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy