Logo
    • Education
      • Pre-School
      • Primary Schools Directory
      • Primary Schools Articles
      • P1 Registration
      • DSA
      • PSLE
      • Secondary
      • Tertiary
      • Special Needs
    • Lifestyle
      • Well-being
    • Activities
      • Events
    • Enrichment & Services
      • Find A Service Provider
      • Enrichment Articles
      • Enrichment Services
      • Tuition Centre/Private Tutor
      • Infant Care/ Childcare / Student Care Centre
      • Kindergarten/Preschool
      • Private Institutions and International Schools
      • Special Needs
      • Indoor & Outdoor Playgrounds
      • Paediatrics
      • Neonatal Care
    • Forum
    • ASKQ
    • Register
    • Login

    P2 Math - General Discussion

    Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Primary 2
    1.1k Posts 177 Posters 567.2k Views 1 Watching
    Loading More Posts
    • Oldest to Newest
    • Newest to Oldest
    • Most Votes
    Reply
    • Reply as topic
    Log in to reply
    This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
    • janet88J Offline
      janet88
      last edited by

      plum-cake:
      janet_lee88:

      [quote=\"plum-cake\"]I never heard of this \"Big Book shop\". where is this place?


      pop @ Jourong east is having some sale 5feb-14feb.

      Thank you.

      Big Bookshop is at Clementi Ave 3. I think there is a polyclinic there.

      I know Iknow....oh when I was studying I used to buy the uni books. quite cheaper there. as far as I know It was called Clementi Book shop. am I talking about the right one??? :?[/quote]Yes, hubby told me it used to be very popular with NUS students (ironically) until Popular came about.

      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
      • O Offline
        oneheart
        last edited by

        Not the sameโ€ฆClementi Bookstore along the block with many coffee shops & Q & M dentalโ€ฆpopular with tertiary students


        Big Bookshop is like Popular, itโ€™s at at the same building as NTUC, Polyclinic & Yamaha. Level 2 i think.

        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
        • T Offline
          Tinkerbelle
          last edited by

          plum-cake:
          Yes I have seen the book outside. i didn dare to look inside cause the price is 8+ and 2 books to buy. and if I go through the pages then ..you know my weakness. my dd told me, she is having ca1 this time. But I only have 3 CA1 papers from 2010 pastpapers lot. so I thot of buying a ca & sa papers book/wbook to do revision.. did you buy any of thoes books?

          Hi plum-cake,

          My DD is also having CA1 this year. I haven't started doing past year papers with her yet. Will probably start after CNY. I haven't really shopped for CA & SA papers book yet. Thought of letting her finish some topics in her assessment books to consolidate first.

          After that, I'll give DD the past year papers to ensure she can complete her exam paper within the stipulated time. Must train her in time management cos DD2 is a 'mo-jie'. ๐Ÿ˜‰

          1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
          • janet88J Offline
            janet88
            last edited by

            Hi plum-cake,

            Sorry for the error ๐Ÿ˜›

            I went to Popular for a ''walk\"...not the park ๐Ÿ˜‰
            Saw the 2 Maths assessment books and was taken aback by the price. $8.45 for each :shock: If I really want to get it, definitely will do so during 20% discount.

            If you're planning to let daughter practice from past year papers, you can download from http://www.test-paper.info. I let my son do past year papers as a form of exposure, not revision.

            1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
            • T Offline
              Tinkerbelle
              last edited by

              janet_lee88:
              Hi plum-cake,

              Sorry for the error ๐Ÿ˜›

              I went to Popular for a ''walk\"...not the park ๐Ÿ˜‰
              Saw the 2 Maths assessment books and was taken aback by the price. $8.45 for each :shock: If I really want to get it, definitely will do so during 20% discount.

              If you're planning to let daughter practice from past year papers, you can download from http://www.test-paper.info. I let my son do past year papers as a form of exposure, not revision.
              Hi Janet,

              Thanks so much for sharing the website. :lol:

              1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
              • P Offline
                plum-cake
                last edited by

                oneheart:
                Not the same...Clementi Bookstore along the block with many coffee shops & Q & M dental..popular with tertiary students


                Big Bookshop is like Popular, it's at at the same building as NTUC, Polyclinic & Yamaha. Level 2 i think.
                :oops: thanks... I've been there very loooong time ago..

                1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                • P Offline
                  plum-cake
                  last edited by

                  janet_lee88:
                  Hi plum-cake,

                  Sorry for the error ๐Ÿ˜›

                  I went to Popular for a ''walk\"...not the park ๐Ÿ˜‰
                  Saw the 2 Maths assessment books and was taken aback by the price. $8.45 for each :shock: If I really want to get it, definitely will do so during 20% discount.

                  If you're planning to let daughter practice from past year papers, you can download from http://www.test-paper.info. I let my son do past year papers as a form of exposure, not revision.
                  That's ok..Thanks Janet.. altogether it will be 17$. thot of buying the 1st one 1st :roll: Thanks for the website.

                  1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                  • P Offline
                    plum-cake
                    last edited by

                    Tinkerbelle:

                    Hi plum-cake,

                    My DD is also having CA1 this year. I haven't started doing past year papers with her yet. Will probably start after CNY. I haven't really shopped for CA & SA papers book yet. Thought of letting her finish some topics in her assessment books to consolidate first.

                    After that, I'll give DD the past year papers to ensure she can complete her exam paper within the stipulated time. Must train her in time management cos DD2 is a 'mo-jie'. ๐Ÿ˜‰
                    thanks Tinkerbelle. I might follow the your idea.

                    I've finished chapter 1 and 2 with her so to revise I dont have one... and for english also I am looking for something like ca & sa paper type. all mixed together. I might try the website and see.

                    1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                    • janet88J Offline
                      janet88
                      last edited by

                      Tinkerbelle:
                      janet_lee88:

                      Hi plum-cake,

                      Sorry for the error ๐Ÿ˜›

                      I went to Popular for a ''walk\"...not the park ๐Ÿ˜‰
                      Saw the 2 Maths assessment books and was taken aback by the price. $8.45 for each :shock: If I really want to get it, definitely will do so during 20% discount.

                      If you're planning to let daughter practice from past year papers, you can download from http://www.test-paper.info. I let my son do past year papers as a form of exposure, not revision.

                      Hi Janet,

                      Thanks so much for sharing the website. :lol:

                      No prob...other than that, there is one by Outreach. Consists of 2010 past year papers. http://www.orlesson.org/orp/
                      For test-paper, you would have to register first but it's free. Outreach site doesn't require any pre-registration.

                      1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0
                      • C Offline
                        Champion
                        last edited by

                        So the title is 'Visible thinking in Maths' by Ammiel Wan ?

                        I don't go to Big Bookshop...rather inconvenient...I frequent IMM more often though.[/quote]



                        http://postimage.org/image/urz8u12c/

                        Hi Janet,
                        This is the book that I bought my gal - \"Visible Thinking in Mathematichs 3A\" by Anmiel Wan. Price was $9.55 x 10% Discount = $8.60.

                        I run thru the book before buying and what prompts me to buy besides knowing that my gal's teacher photcopy a few pages from it to give them as a \"surprise\" test, the notes are useful for simplifying the concepts, clarifying some misconceptions - at least to me as a parent.

                        What I do at home is that I will mark those important notes with hightlighter and go thru with my gals. I cross-reference with it with her textbook to ensure that I am relating the same concept as what she being taught in school.

                        1 Reply Last reply Reply Quote 0

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better ๐Ÿ’—

                        Register Login
                        • 1
                        • 2
                        • 58
                        • 59
                        • 60
                        • 61
                        • 62
                        • 107
                        • 108
                        • 60 / 108
                        • First post
                          Last post



                        Online Users

                        Statistics

                        10

                        Online

                        211.2k

                        Users

                        34.5k

                        Topics

                        1.8m

                        Posts
                        Popular Topics
                        New to the KiasuParents forum? Tips and Tricks!
                        P1 Registration 2027 Changes
                        DSA Discussions and Strategies
                        PSLE Discussions and Strategies
                        How much do you spend on the kids' tuition/enrichments?
                        SkillsFuture course recommendations

                          About Us Contact Us forum Terms of Service Privacy Policy